Chapter 25

I feel Draco's fingers twirls the lose ends of my hair and I pretend to still be asleep, he gets up and quickly changes. "We need to talk", I turn over to look at him. He's surprised that I was up but continued to get dressed, "about?". I'm a bit annoyed that he didn't tell me about the mark he had in his arm so I decided to bring it to his attention.

"The mark..on your arm". Draco stiffened and quickly turned around and hovered over me. He went completely pale, his lips lost the rosy closer and went completely pale too. He grabbed my arms afraid that I would push and fight him, but I didn't I stayed absolutely still. "You don't understand", he hissed out. This isn't a side I've seen before so I know I have to be careful with my words but what exactly can I say that won't trigger him like now.

I started a bit longer into his eyes hoping to find some sort of comfort. "Understand?..what exactly, that you have no choice". His grip tighten and I started to get out of it but he only kept holding on tighter, to the point were his nails were digging onto my skin. "You see you don't understand", he scoffed and laughed at me.

Draco got off of me and put on his shoes. "It's a privilege, not a choice". I felt my blood run cold when those words came out of him. This definitely wasn't the boy I love, since yesterday I noticed he's completely changed. "A- a what now?!", I looked at him in disbelief. I just wanted for him to say it's all a joke.

I quickly got up and lifted up his sleeve and see the mark once again. "This looks like a privilege to you!. How exactly did you think this is right?!". I noticed how he flinched with my words but he played it off with a stupid smirk. This only gave me a hint that I still had time for him to realize this is wrong, but this boy is too stubborn at times so I'm not exactly sure how.

Draco ripped his arm out of my grip and started to walk towards the door, "Ash don't make this any harder. This is who I am, this is what I want to prove that I'm worthy". The boy turned around once again and shrugged his shoulders. "Draco you are worthy but this doesn't make you that". I tried to hang on and not let my emotions get the best, right now I need to get him back.

"Leave me alone!". I- I don't understand how is this even happening, where and when did things go wrong that I didn't realize it. He's the one who dragged me out of that darkness and now himself is in it. "B-but you tol-".

"Forget what I told you!". Draco walked out and slammed the door on his way out.

I sit back on my bed and consume the silence in my room for a moment. This boy is no longer a boy, he's trying to prove himself as a man but he's nowhere near that yet. I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around it, is he really trying to prove something or is it all just pretend.

I got in the tub and took a quick shower to get ready for training, maybe this would take my mind off of this. I just need to let him cool off, I will write to him once I get back.

Draco's POV ~

I look to see Ashley holding my arm, my sleeves are up and I'm not sure if she's seen the mark yet. I slowly slip my hand out and pull down my sleeves. Man how could this girl managed to look this peaceful in her sleep.

I start to twirl her soft long black hair between my fingers. I want to be with her forever but right now I just couldn't see her get hurt, she'll think I'm some sort of monster but really I had no choice. My parents are death eater and I just don't have a choice, you are just born into it. We she understand that?..we I assume since she's going through a rough time with her family.

But what if she doesn't understand, that will completely shatter me but I'm doing this for my parents. This is it, I'll just finish whatever I'm set to do and just go back to being my normal self. There's always a way out of things.