Chapter 18

Fast forward to game day~
May,19

I wake up in my warm bed, I stretched out so I can get ready to change into my school uniform. Today is going to be a pretty easy day, classes were going to end midday and today is game day: Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff. Though I'm not a huge fan of quidditch I just got to see my friend play, but it wasn't always. Today is the day I turn 16!!! so it seemed like today was going to be a good day.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I put my hair in a bun with a scarf scrunchie, with the Slytherin colors. I curled my eyelashes and put on mascara, I looked myself in the mirror and realized that I didn't look dead. There was somewhat of color brought to my skin and I smiled at myself but then it faded away, it hit me that my mother and sister would never see me finally turning older and settling into a different stage in life.

It would be strange to not have my father around, and Ryker who always bring me my favorite flowers,a pink peonies. They were both there to make up the absence of my mother and sister. Yet this year was different because now I had lost them both too.  It was also strange since Rykers birthday was just a couple weeks ago, he would now be 17. Just the same way he spoiled me on my birthday I would do the same for him. We would go out for ice cream, and I would set up a picnic for him and just spend time together.

I grab my wand and books and make my way out of my room and down to the common room. I start walking down the stairs and stop at the last couple of steps and there stands the group of friends Ryker has presented to me a couple months ago, all smiling and acting a bit strange. "Uhh.. why are you all acting so.....strange?". I looked a little off to the side stands Jackson and Sebastian with the biggest grind.

"Happy Birthday!", that all yelled out at once and I motioned them to stay quiet. I didn't want everyone to know it was my birthday today and mostly because I didn't like the attention I received from others besides my friends and family.

Serenity hugged me and smiled down at me, "so how does it feel to be 16 now?".

"Well...I feel some short of back pain so I'm going to say maybe I'm just getting old". I chuckled and Serenity rolled her eyes at me for giving her such a sarcastic answer.

"Don't worry that why I got you a cane!", Max pulled out a can and handed it to me and everyone laughed and so did I.

I decided to play with the cane for a bit, so I grabbed the cane "Ohh my back!" and started walking around like an old lady. This made everyone laugh and I returned the cane back to Max.

"You can't just give a gift back!", Max said offended by the return I had just made.

"You gotta be kidding me! This thing was actually a gift?!". I looked at him up and down in disbelief.

"Geez not everyone can give you fancy gifts on your birthday geez!". Max snatched the cane out of my hands and scrunched up his face.

"It's the thought that counts, you ungrateful brat!", Sebastian was now scowling me.

"Its's fine, this isn't actually your gift. But anyways I gotta go give this back to my grandma before she falls". We all brushed into laughter and I leaned on the couch, thats how hard he got me laughing.

I look back only to see that he wasn't laughing about his comment, " ohh your actually serious". Everyone stopped laughing and I bit down on my lip preventing myself from laughing even more.

"Aha just kidding fuckers, my grandma died a couple years ago", he was now the one laughing and we all gave each other a wtffff stare. I grabbed a pillow off of the couch and threw it at Max for making such a bad joke.