Chapter 28

3 days later~

Dear, Asher

     You never got to tell me what is it with Max. I hope I can see you soon to finish catching up and I hope your doing well.
                                                      Your friend,
                                                                    A.G.R.

I thought it was best to put my initials instead of my full name. Now that Asher is a death eater I'm not exactly sure if he has enough privacy. I rather not take risk of letting others know that he befriend a Grindelwald.

I had over the letter to Pansy and she slips it inside her purse. "Is there anything else you need?." I shook my head and slightly smiled. Pansy stood behind me and rubbed my shoulders, I looked at her from the reflection of the mirror and she smiled before walking out of my room.

Things haven't been the best, I feel like training is too easy for me but they say I'm just over working myself. I've been avoiding Max and I think he got the hint already that I'm not interested in him, well I don't think I truly was. I've been having these awful dreams and just makes my anxiety even worse by the day.

Jackson and I have been spending more time and he's the only one I've been able to talk to about all the things. The only thing I didn't tell him was my encounter with Matteo Riddle, it's probably for the best he didn't know.

Someone knocks on the door, "come in." Ethan walks in and takes a seat on my bed. I look at him from the reflection of the mirror and look away when we make eye contact. "Will you at least tell me what's going on?." I shook my head, "I can't." I started to play with my ring and he got up and left.

I've been stuck in my room for the last few days, the only times I go out is to go to the meetings/trainings. I have Lisa take my food up to my room so I don't have to see my siblings as a reminder that if anything goes wrong they will be the ones to pay.

I lay on my bed letting the silence consume me. I wish the sheets would just swallow me whole and make me disappear. Lisa comes in and leaves a tray of food on the nightstand, "Miss Ashley you haven't touched your food from the night before or this morning. I hope you at least eat your lunch." I turned over to avoid the guilt. Once she closes the door I get up and open the windows.

"Thank you for the lunch." I turn around and see Matteo. Great just my luck, I rolled my eyes and smack the grape out of his hands. He try's to grab another grape again and this time I move the tray out of his reach. "Can you at least ask if you can have something from here."

Matteo rolled his eyes and gives in. "Fine!. Can I have something from the tray?." I cocked an eyebrow waiting for him to say please but this boy just looked and me with a blank expression, clearly this dude has no manners . "Please.", he finally said.

I place the tray back on the nightstand and we eat in silence and it was pretty awkward. I started to get stuck in my own thoughts instead to avoid the weird moment. In just two days is the ball, in just two days and in just two days I would finally have to see the man I fear the most..my father. "Can you stop being so over dramatic, it's just your father geez." Matteo ripped me away from my own thoughts.

"Can you stop with the whole mind reading?." But Matteo shakes his head. What an asshole, first his brother and now him.

"Look just let me enjoy the damn food". Matteo brought the last tiny bit of sandwich to his mouth.

"Well then stop reading my damn mind!." I lay back on my bed and turn around having my back face him.

A couple minutes passed and it was awfully quiet. So I final turned around and see that Matteo is no longer in my room. But he left a note on the tray.