Chapter 46

I push to door wide open and I see Lorenzo, the room is cold and the only thing that's allowing me too see a beat up Lorenzo is the dim lightbulb hanging above him. My heart felt heavily at the sight, never would I have imagine so see him like this.

I see Matteo, Theodore and Sebastian run up behind me. "This isn't helping!." I grabbed the door from behind me and slammed it shut, leaving the guy out. I could hear them talking over each other on the other side.

I walk over to Lorenzo slowly, he is half naked. The only thing covering him up is his boxers. His body is stained with dirt and bruises. "Lorenzo..." I unclasp the chains and quickly place my hands around his waist to stop him from falling to the ground. It's clear to me that he's weak and unwell.

I shivered at how cold his body felt, "it's going to be alright. I'm here now." I hug him and rub his back so he could receive warmth. When he snuggled even more into me I new it was somewhat helping.

"It wasn't their fault." Lorenzo muttered between my hair. He was right it wasn't anyone's fault but the wolves. Everyone else is just scared of what has now become of Lorenzo and I know this isn't going to be easy for him. "Are you scared of me?." His voice was scratchy and dry.

I stayed silent, I wasn't scared of him but what was now part of him...a werewolf. Lorenzo was now one of them and this is all on me, I'm the one to blame now. I don't think it's fair. "Come on let's go." I hooked his arm over my shoulder and pulled him up from his waist.

It took us longer than I expected to get out of that awful room, his legs kept giving up on him. I planned to take over to my manor but professor Lupin suggested that going out with the state he is shouldn't be right, especially since Lorenzo has these sudden violent reactions.

In the mean time I left Lorenzo in the tub with hot water. Maybe that will help him warm up and get all the dirt off of him. I close the door behind me and walk down the hallway. Sebastian is sleeping on the couch, Theodore is talking to professor Lupin, Matteo is doing who knows what in the kitchen. My eyes land on Asher and his broken arm, he's sitting all alone at the dinner table so sucked into his thoughts.

If I needed answers then I knew where exactly to get them. I pulled the chair and it made a screeching noise and everything went quiet. "Shhh." I look over at Lupin. "Lorenzo's hearing is more sensible than ever so be careful not to tick him off." I hadn't realized how small meaningless things could cause these sudden reactions of violence could be a motive to get us killed any moment.

I gave professor Lupin a apologetic look. He simply gave me a warm smile and went back to his conversation with Theodore.

I turn around and look at Asher's broken arm. "We were surrounded..." he looked almost horrified in some way. I could sense that whatever happened traumatized Asher.

"It's over, your here now...alive." I think that I'll have to find answers somewhere else. "I'll bring you something to drink." I got up and slowly messed up his hair playfully.

I walked into the kitchen and see Matteo drinking something out of his flask. "Drinking at these hours?." He stayed silent and pulled a chair to sit in, and continued to drink whatever liquid is inside.

I open the cupboards and pull out a pot to place water. I turned the stove on. I look over to see Matteo focused on his flask, Theodore and Professor Lupin still in the conversation and Asher still looking horrified.

"Psst!". Matteo looks up at me and raises an eyebrow. "What happened?." I mouthed to him. I tilt my head towards Asher to give him a hint of what I meant. Matteo shakes his head and looks back down at his flask. He looked disappointed...?.