Chapter 12

Throughout the rest of winter break I spent time with my siblings and during the nights I would go into the garden and into hidden place. I spent time learning more self defense and dueling. Every time I got paired up with Ryker he wouldn't even try. He wouldn't talk to me as much anymore and he would avoid me. I knew the reason behind all this but I just didn't know how to bring it up to him and plus what was I supposed to say.

I spent most of the time with Serenity, she wasn't so good at self defense but she was really good at dueling. But she was kind enough to keep me caught up with the latest events and to stick by my side mostly.

Theodore ended up telling Sebastian about all this, which now Sebastian wasn't going to say anything but try to help me cover up while I was gone.

Lately there's been more attacks of by Voldemort's followers and many were scared especially those who weren't pure-bloods. So far my father had been laying low so I wasn't too worried about him.

Tonight there is supposed to be a meeting Liam is holding to gain followers in a forest not far from London. Theodore said we wouldn't engage just watch from afar.

"We can't expose the whole group so it will just be us and Serenity. In the meantime I'm going to tell the rest to stay alert when we leave". Theodore grabbed a binocular and walked out from the training room.

"Remember the meeting starts at 9, we have to leave at 8:30". Serenity said walking towards the cabinet pulling out a black cloak. She handed me the cloak I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I took it off and folded it again, "and I have to wear all black?".

"Yep unless you want to be seen and killed then and there" cocking an eyebrow. I'm not suicidal, so if she things there something wrong with me well there isn't. "Okay well I gotta go, I'll see you tonight". I grabbed my water bottle and run out the door. It was almost time for breakfast and I didn't want to be late, even if Sebastian was helping me cover I still couldn't let him handle all the cover ups.

I ran passed Owen and I waved goodbye to. "Good luck on tonight!". I still kept running and just shouted thank you. I made my way up the stairs and down the halls.

I catch my breath before saying, "procidat deceptionem". The door open and I walk into the dark room and head out towards the garden. I ran across the lawn and into the kitchen back door.

I placed my water bottle and cloak on the table and tired to catch my breath, once I was ready I walked into the dining room. Everyone was already in their seats eating, "Ahh just in time!" Jackson manage to say while chewing on his food.

"Yeh I lost track of time, but I'm here now". I look for an open seat and the only open seat was next to Ryker. I knew if I asked anyone else to switch seats with me they wouldn't and I didn't want to make it seem like I was also avoiding him.

"What were you doing that you lost track of time?", Ethan asked in a curious voice and looking between Ryker and I. Ethan wanted to see if I would mention that I was with Ryker but I would be caught right on the spot. " I went for a run and working on my aiming", plus I was in my workout clothes so this lie was more in my favor.

Ethan eventually bought it and went back to eating. Some were talking about the Christmas presents they received. I kept quiet and eating my food, I remembered the present Draco gave me before leaving Hogwarts and it was only just in case he couldn't make it. I was too tired that night so I opened it the next morning and it was a golden stars bracelet. I know he has a good heart but I didn't like that he would spend a lot of money on gifts like this, I've told him it couple be just plain simple things so he won't spend so much. I was thankful for my presents but still he never listens to me.