Ep 14: Oppa

Jihyo's POV

"Always be warm and kind to everyone no matter what you are going through," the words had made a permanent impact on me. The one who had said it... A sad smile crept on my face as I thought of him. Sticking out ears and a beautiful smile... That's all I can remember of him now. My oppa, who swore to take care of me all his life...

I sighed, putting my head on the desk. He disappeared. "Jihyo, oppa will always be by your side," his warm voice filled my head as I felt my eyes tearing up. "Oppa," I whispered. Why am I remembering him now? Maybe it's because this is the exact date he left me and disappeared completely. Or maybe I just miss him, like every other day. I sighed.

~Flashback~

3rd person POV

Jihyo had fallen down from the swing in a park and a boy was cleaning her wound. Jihyo sobbed and said, "It hurts!" "Aigoo, it will be okay," he said, flashing his very white teeth, "See! Oppa will cast a spell and it won't hurt anymore." He said some non-sense words as he moved his hand over her knee. The four-year old looked at him with wide eyes. He looked up and grinned.

"Does it still hurt?" he asked. She shook her head. He giggled and said, "Now let's go home, shall we?" Jihyo nodded, smiling too. He lifted her up in his arms and carried her back home. "Let's put band-aid on it, okay?" he said. Jihyo nodded. "Oppa, Joohee left me alone in the park," she complained, pouting.

The tall guy chuckled and said, "Her mom must've told her to get back soon." "But she shouldn't leave me alone, right? I hate to be alone," said Jihyo, "I won't talk to her now." He shook his head and said, "Listen, Jihyo. Every person has his own binds... You should do one thing." "What?" Jihyo asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Always be warm and kind to everyone no matter what you are going through," he said, a warm smile on his face, "It's a really good feeling when you love someone and you see them happy because of you." "I will remember that," Jihyo whispered, her eyes full of adoration for her older brother. "Good girl," he said, patting her head.

~Flashback ends~

Jihyo's POV

I still remember it, oppa... But where are you? Why did you leave your Jihyo? Your only sister? Why did you disappear from my life into the thin air? I miss you... I miss you everyday... "Jihyo, are you okay?" Sana asked coming up. I quickly wiped away my tears and smiled before looking up at her. "Yes," I replied, "Why?" "Nothing... Why are your eyes red?" Sana asked. "I did not sleep well," I lied.

Sana frowned at me but sat down on her place. All of my sisters know about my oppa... But they don't know that I still miss him so much. Of course I won't worry them by telling them about it... I want my family to be happy forever. I promised my oppa that I would never make people sad because of me. He always told me to be happy and make the people around me happy. So I smiled again like everyday and pulled out my books, waiting for the teacher to enter the class.

I was looking at a few of the sums our old teacher had left for us to solve. He had retired from school and we were getting a new teacher. I heard footsteps walking inside the classroom and continued to solve my sums, thinking it was just some students. "Good morning, class," said a deep voice. I looked up to see a really tall guy standing by the teacher's desk. He looked really young.

"I am Mr. Park," he said, smiling around, "I will be your new Maths teacher." "Good morning, Mr. Park," everybody chorused, standing up. "Nice~" said Mr. Park, "Now, lemme just do a roll-call!" He pulled out a register from the desk and started calling out names. My eyes were, however fixed on him. He looked... really familiar.

"Miss. Lee Park Jihyo," he called out. "Y-Yes," I said, raising my hand, getting out of my daze. He looked up and his eyes widened slightly before he quickly looked down to read the further names. I frowned. "Miss. Lee Minatozaki Sana," he said lastly. Sana raised her hand with a cheeky smile. "Okay good! Now one of you, show me your book please. I want to see what you were learning," said Mr. Park.

Everybody's attention turned to me at once and I rolled my eyes, taking my book upto Mr. Park's desk. "Thank you," said Mr. Park and I nodded, going back to my place. He looked through my notebook and as I looked at him, his face filled with... Pride? What's with this guy? He gave us a few sums before giving my book back. "The one who solves it all gets a chocolate," he declared, winking at the class, "Get to work now!"

The sums were pretty easy and I managed to solve them all by the end of the lecture. "Very good, Miss. Park!" Mr. Park said, clapping his hands together and grinning at me while I could only give him a weird look. He gave me a chocolate which I put in my bag. The lecture was over. "Miss. Park," he said, indicating me to follow him outside.

I frowned and went outside the class with him. "Jihyo," he said, looking in my eyes. His voice was full of warmth and so were his eyes. "What?" I asked. "You... Can you meet me in the library after school?" he asked when Miss. Choi walked towards the class. "Uhhh... Okay, Mr. Park," I said in confusion.

~To be continued~

Yes~ I posted again😃 By the way, did you guess which 'Park' Jihyo's brother is? And yes, Twice use both their own surnames and the surname 'Lee' for their step-father. See you soon, my lovely readers~ I love you❤