Ep 73: Agreements and Stubbornness

Y/N's POV

I got my umbrella since it was raining and stood by my window. Since so many people climbed in and out of it, I figured it must be pretty easy so I climbed on the pane as well, and looked down to the wet ground, wondering if I should just leap down... "Where do you think you are going?" came a voice from above me. Before I could look up, the person flicked my forehead and I landed back inside my room on the floor with an exclamation, "Ow!" When I sat back up, I saw a girl sitting on my window pane. I blinked a few times, just looking at her vivid appearance.

(I couldn't find another pic of Irene in blue hair : ( )

"You are staring," she said, coolly. "Who are you?" I asked, "And what were you doing on the roof above me?" "Keeping an eye on you of course," she said, looking at her nails uninterestedly. "HUH?" I said, getting a bit nervous. "Don't worry," she said, "I am a part of Kai's gang." "Oh..." I muttered, registering this information, "Wait! He was having someone keep an eye on me?!" "Not 'someone'. Me," she said, looking at me at last, "I am Bae Joohyun. I go by the name 'Irene'. And yes, I have been watching you for a long time now. One of your unnies noticed me once and I got into trouble..." "They did?" I asked, shocked. She nodded and said, "I had to dye my hair because of that... I miss my blonde hair..."

I just stared at her, not knowing what to say about this piece of information. "So, where were you headed?" she asked. "None of your business," I said, making a face, "Now, get out of my window. I want to go." "Nope," she said, "You aren't going anywhere." "What did you just say?" I said. "You heard me," she said. "Looks like you don't know me well," I said, flipping my hair. "Oh yes I do," she said, "And I know you will try any way to get past me, but let me save your efforts. You can't." "You are being annoying," I said. She shrugged and said, "It's for your own good." I sighed and said, "Why?" "You know the answer," she said. Sure I do. It's not safe for me to go around alone. But I really, really, really want to!

Suddenly, there was a sound of a bullet being shot. "What was that?" I said, on my alert at once. "That was my phone," she said, calmly, pulling out her phone. A frown formed on her face as she looked at it. "Interesting," she murmured. "What?" I said. "Stay here, kiddo. I need to take this," I said. "As if I would!" I said. "You will. Xiaojun! Make sure she doesn't try anything funny!" said Irene, before jumping out of my window and picking up her call. I frowned walking to the window again. "Don't even try," said a male voice this time. I looked up to see feet right above me. I craned my neck and finally saw the guy's face. "Xiaojun!" I exclaimed, "Weren't you in Kai's mansion last time?" "I was," he said. And that was all. I stared at him and he simply stared back. "You aren't gonna stop me, right?" I asked, putting my leg over the window again.

Mina's POV

My call was finally received after a few rings. "Hello," I said, "It's me- Myoui Mina." "I know," she said, "I still have your number you know." 'Then can we meet?" I asked, right away. "Why would that be?" she asked. "I can't tell you over a phone call," I said, "Just meet me at XXX coffee shop." "Aren't you brave? Ordering me around?" she said. "Please Irene," I said, gritting my teeth slightly. "Okay then," she said, "It must be about Nakamoto Ryu then." I hung off the phone before she could continue and proceeded to get ready to leave.

Irene's POV

"She's getting more annoying," I muttered, scrunching up my nose, "Just meet me at XXX coffee shop!" I looked up to see Y/N staring at Xiaojun while he just stared back. That girl is... "Yah! Xiao Dejun, take care of her! I'll be back!" I called out. He nodded and I left. I wonder what Lee Mina wants now... I should reach the coffee shop before her... I dialed boss' number as I set off. "What is it, Irene?" he asked, in his usual cold tone. "Lee Mina wants to meet me," I replied. "She does?" he said, "Interesting. Text me the address. I will be there as well." "Okay," I said, plainly and hung up, texting him the address before I walked out of the Lees mansion.

Mina's POV

I found the girl I wanted to meet sitting at the far end of the café. "Irene-ssi," I said, sitting down in front of her. "Mina," she said, tilting her head. "What is your boss' plan?" I asked boldly, "I heard Y/N talking to him earlier. She was refusing to persuade me about something." "Shouldn't you be asking ME that?" came a voice. I looked around to see the very man walk in. "Boss," said Irene, getting up at once while I stayed seated. "Why did you call Irene instead of me? We're practically like a family," he said, calmly sitting down beside her, "Mina?" "I don't know," I said, shrugging, "I just felt more comfortable with Joohyun." "Hmm... Well, the plan's really simple," he said, "You would have to act as though you believe Ryu again and spy on him." "Shouldn't you be asking me to do this right away, if we were practically like a family?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, "Why did you go to Y/N instead?"

Kai blinked a few times and then muttered, "I just felt more comfortable with Y/N." I rolled my eyes at that. "Was I called out just for making him realize this?" Irene asked. "Maybe," I said, "He should just talk to me directly and not bother Y/N. About what you want me to do, I will do it, but make sure Ryu gets his punishment." "He will," said Kai, grimly. "How dare he even crawl out of jail and get a gang again?" Irene muttered angrily, "He's sick!" "I know..." I whispered. "Don't worry," said Kai, "You will be okay." "I know," I said, looking up, "I am not the same as before, you know."

Y/N's POV

"Yah! Are you really gonna tie me up like this?" I whined. "You shouldn't have tried to give me a slip," said Xiaojun coldly. "But isn't tying me to a chair a bit too much?" I asked, trying to free myself from the tight ropes. "It most certainly isn't," he said, leaning against the window, "I can let you go if you promise me you won't cause any trouble." "But I wasn't causing any trouble in the first place! I just wanted to go out and see my boyfriend okay?" I said, annoyed. "Why not use the front door then?" Xiaojun asked. "Why are you so stubborn?! I told you my unnies won't let me go!" I said. "Then listen to them!" he said, "You are the one being stubborn!" "Look! I am gonna start yelling in a minute now! And it won't be good for you," I said, giving him a warning look. "I think it would be worse on you," he said, easily. "One... Two..." I began counting, but his face did not look as though he would yield at all...

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading~! Wo ai ni❤