Ep 92: Traps

Y/N's POV

As the flames blazed up in front of my eyes, I stumbled backwards, my mind clouded. My hand automatically went to the necklace given by Kai. My fingers trembled as they touched the middle bead but I didn't press it. "Y/N's dad died because of her", "How could she still hold up her head", "Is it true that he died because of her?", "Yeah" my head was spinning with the voices I hadn't heard for years. The room was getting filled with smoke as the fire slowly made it's way towards me. Maybe... Maybe I deserve to die this way. I made my way to the back of the room, my hand still hovering about the necklace. 

The flames danced and I was scared by my own shadows that appeared on the dull walls of the underground room. Each breath I took in felt like my last breath. The fire however wasn't spreading as fast as I had expected. I touched the floor and realized that it was wooden... This room was a trap... My hand fell to my side as I leaned on the wall, just watching the red and yellow flames which would approach me in some time, sucking in deep breaths. "Dad, I am coming to meet you," I whispered, shutting my eyes and letting myself slide down the wall to the floor. 

Jihyo's POV

Everything seemed to have calmed down by the time we had made our way to the basement. Either the men had retreated or they had been killed or both... I didn't want to find out. I wanted to find all of my family safely and go home. "Jihyo!" called a voice. I found my tall brother running towards me and said, "Oppa! Did you find her? Did you find Y/N?" But even as my eyes scanned the darkness around him, I couldn't find her, "Where... is she?" "She is all right," he said, "But are you hurt? We heard a blast... Are you all right?" "Yes," I snapped, "Did you leave her alone to find me?!" 

I groaned while he just scanned me for any damage. "I AM F*CKING FINE! GO AND BRING Y/N FROM WHEREVER YOU LEFT HER!" I screamed, finally losing my mind. He looked taken aback by my outburst. "For god's sake, get going," said Tzuyu, stepping in. "Okay..." he said, scratching his head, "Wait here! Or-" "Just go! We'll be okay!" said Momo. He shook his head and walked off. "Why did that son of a-" I began. "Woah! Woah! Our Jihyo learned cursing?" came a taunting voice. "You," said Momo, sharply, "Where is Yua onee-san?" "Amusing," said Ryu, "You still care for a sister of yours that you did not meet for years? She must be around~ Why not try searching, Momo? Maybe you will even find your ex-boyfriend's fiancée?" I held Momo's arm as she gritted her teeth. 

Taemin's POV

Looks like my back-up was useful. "The fight is all over," said Chaeyoung, "But then, where is everybody?" "We have to find them, I guess," I said. "Can't you contact Jongin? Wait! I can do that too!" said Jeongyeon. She pulled out her phone at once and put the phone against her ear. "No need," came a chilly voice as Kim Kai stepped in front of us, his shirt bloody as he threw away a knife. "Are you hurt?!" Jeongyeon exclaimed. "Does it look like he's hurt? He probably more than 'hurt' someone else," I scoffed, "So, Kim Jongin, did the mission go well? Where are my sisters?" 

"Why do you keep saying 'sisters'?" Nayeon demanded. I ignored her as Jongin looked around and said, "They must be around." "What do you mean by 'around'?" I said, sharply. "Wasn't Y/N with you?" Jeongyeon asked, "Where is she?" "Momo, Jihyo and Dahyun disappeared too," Sana piped in, "Detective Lee thought they would be here too." Jongin cursed under his breath and said, "We should look for them then. I don't think they had the nerve to hurt any of them. I see you guys did not stay home." "Of course we didn't," said Mina. 

"Let's split up and search then," I suggested. "What if we get lost too?" said Sana. "We can always call each other," said Mina. "Okay then," said Chaeyoung. "Stay safe, everybody," said Mina, anxiously. I walked away from the scene, not really wanting to stay around while they behaved like a... family... I felt something deep down in my mind when they did that- the way they seemed to be in a sync as a family... They are living as my dad's daughters while I was the real son. My mom lived alone her whole life, hiding away with me. I don't hate him or the girls, as per her wishes, but that doesn't mean I don't feel bitter.

Momo's POV

"I would love to keep you as hostages but letting you wander around is more fun," he said, "So, bye! My Mina is here too, so I want to go see her now. Turns out she saw through me. Best luck!" Before any of us could take a step, he pressed something. There was a rumbling sound and the wall opened slightly. He stepped in it and the wall slid close just as we ran towards it. "This place is literally full of traps..." Tzuyu mumbled, giving the wall a hard kick. "How do we find onee-san then..." I said, looking down, "What if he hid her like that too?" "How about we get him instead?" Jihyo said. I turned to her and saw a kind of fire burning in her eyes. 

If I had seen Jihyo like this the first time I had met her, I would have thought she was someone you had to stay miles away from. She looked like a dangerous, mad lady who might just kill you single-handedly if you crossed her. "You look so angry," Tzuyu said. "Do I?" said Jihyo and Tzuyu nodded. "Don't be," said Tzuyu, "We need to keep our head." "Can't we find out how this sliding wall works?" I said, turning my attention to the wall. "That would be good," said Tzuyu, "Maybe it leads to his base or something?" "What are we waiting for then?" said Jihyo, running her fingers over the wall, "I think it will be a button or something." 

~To be continued~