Ep 40: New Friend?

Y/N's POV

Nah! I ain't getting interested in any guys now! "Move," I said, giving him a blank expression. He seemed to be having an internal battle before he said, "Why so rude, huh?" I could tell that he was trying to stay friendly, but I could hear annoyance behind his words. Why? Because I don't want any trouble with my sisters! Can I tell him that? No! So I could only remain quiet before saying, "What do you want?" I looked at him from top to bottom. He seems to have a weird obsession with bears. There was a bear on his hat and even his shirt had bear prints. Is it supposed to look cute? It actually does look kinda cute!

"I am new here," he said, looking around, "I came here with some friends but I got lost..." He pouted and said, "Can you please help me find the exit?" I sighed. "Sure," I said, "My name is Y/N. What's yours?" He thought for a moment. What's there to think about though? I just asked for his name, not his life! "Kai," he said, "Kim Kai." I nodded and said, "Let's go th-" I was cut off by Jaemin shouting, "YAH!" I turned around to see them walking towards me. "Where are you going without us?!" he said, making a face. I rolled my eyes and turned to Kai again. "These are my 'friends'," I said, "Who fight for jackets, refuse to give it to me and immediately give it away when a pretty girl asks for it!"

Kai laughed while the two looked at me with frowns. "It was useless to give it to the girl," said Yeonjun, his nose scrunched up, "She wanted it for her boyfriend!" "Serves you two right!" I said, laughing. "Who is this?" Jaemin asked, eyeing Kai. "My new friend!" I declared, "AND I am about to leave with him cuz I am angry at you two!" I grabbed Kai's arm and began to walk towards the stairs which led downstairs. To my surprise, he did not mind it at all. Weird. It would be best if I just leave him at the exit quickly. "YAH! WAIT!" called out Jaemin and Yeonjun.

"Hurry up, idiots!" I said, facing them again and letting go of Kai's arm. Soon, we were at the exit of the mall. "Here it is!" I said. "Thank you so much, Y/N!" said Kai, "By the way... Can I have your phone number?" "What?" I said, ignoring Jaemin nudging me and Yeonjun's giggles. "If you are okay with it," he added, "It would be nice to hang out sometimes! As friends?" "Umm... Okay..." I said. I was frowning as I walked back inside the mall with Jaemin and Yeonjun. Was it a good idea to give my number?

Kai's POV

I rolled my eyes, getting into my car. "Do I have to do all this?" I asked the short guy sitting in the driver's seat, "I mean I could just make her help me!" "Of course," he said, calmly, "It would be better to be friends first. That would make her more willing to help you and it would make the process a lot easier." "It should not have been this difficult in the first place," I said, shaking my head. Then I remembered who I was and put up my cold face again. "Drive us back to the base," I said, "But yeah! I need to get changed first!" "Why? Your outfit looks good," said Kyungsoo, smiling slightly. "You are alive just because you are my friend," I told him, "AND because you are the best hacker I could find!" "I know," he said.

Y/N's POV

"I am home!" I announced walking in. "Welcome home, Y/N~!" said Sana-unnie, "How was your outing? Did you take any pics?" "Yeah," I said, taking out my phone and showing her the pics. "Who is this?" Sana-unnie asked, when she saw a pic of me, Jaemin, Yeonjun and Kai. The two idiots had insisted on taking a photo before Kai left. "That's my new friend, I guess," I said, shrugging. "Just friend, right?" Mina-unnie asked, looking up from her laptop. How are her ears so sharp when it comes to stuff like this? "Yes," I replied, nodding, "Just a friend." "Hmm," she said, coming up to us and peeking at my phone.

Jeongyeon-unnie came up as well. She frowned and then her eyes widened. "W-Where did you meet him?" she asked, her face going slightly white. "In the mall," I replied, "Why?" "Did he tell you his name?" she asked. "Yes," I said, "He was a bit weird though. He thought for a few seconds before telling me his name. It's Kim Kai by the way." Jeongyeon-unnie's expression was slightly panicked as she said, "Don't go near him, Y/N! Promise me you won't EVER get involved with him!" "Huh? Why?" I asked, frowning, "It's not like I intend to be all chummy with him, but still..." "Just listen to me," she said, getting up and leaving. "What was that about?" Mina-unnie wondered aloud.

Jeongyeon's POV

NO! NO! NO! NO! I couldn't help but get panicked as I thought of him meeting Y/N. This can't mean anything good! Y/N will be in grave danger if she comes into contact with him... I can't let it happen! It would be my fault if anything happens to Y/N! Kim Jongin, what are you planning to do? I picked up my phone and dialed his number. I have to tell him to stay the f*ck away from my family! The bell rung a few times. I groaned, "Pick up already!" He usually picks up at the first ring... Wait! Did he already find out that I know about this meeting? He must have! Why else would he avoid my call?! I have to tell the others as soon as possible!

Joohyun's POV

"So, she saw the photos?" boss said, sighing as he rubbed his temples. "Yes," I said casually, "I saw it myself and she looked real scared!" His face darkened as he said, "Why is she scared of me?! I am her brother FOR GOD'S SAKE!" His voice raised at the end and I said, "This is exactly why." "GET LOST!" he said, angrily and I walked away. He is crazy, I swear to god~! All mafia bosses are crazy, I guess~ Who cares? So am I! I lightly jumped down the window of the building and landed on the ground like a cat. Time to go stalking again~! My future would be darker than boss' sleek black hair if I fail to get news about Y/N!

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading! I love you❤