Ep 45: Dinner? (Part 2)

Y/N's POV

I blinked a few times as Jeongyeon-unnie gulped and looked at Kai, who folded his arms and looked away with a displeased expression. "Are you really...?" I asked, looking at him with wide eyes. He nodded, still not meeting my eyes. "Wow," I gasped. "So do you understand now? Go back to the others now," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "I have something to discuss with Jongin." But I wasn't even listening to what she was saying as I looked at Kai with new eyes. He was a mafia boss! He has guns, fights people and has so much power that he can't be caught by the cops! He finally looked at me and then frowned, saying, "What's with you? Your eyes are... shining?"

"Do you have a gun with you right now?" I whispered excitedly, stepping closer to him. "Uhh what? Yes... But-" he began but I cut him off, almost jumping, "CAN YOU SHOW ME?" I put a hand across my mouth and said, "D-Do you really shoot people with it and have gang wars and stuff like that? Have you ever killed someone and laughed like a maniac afterwards? Is it-" "Are you crazy?" Jeongyeon-unnie asked, looking at me with a expression of shock and disgust. "S-Sorry I was just too excited to see a-" I began but she said, "He killed our parents!" in an angry voice. I looked at her and then at Jongin and then at her again.

"Do you hate me for that?" he asked in a cold voice, "Do you PITY them? Do you think they should've been alive so that they could abuse you and me again? Do you think WE should've lived THAT kind of life forever?" Wait a minute... Parents... Abuse? I looked at Jeongyeon-unnie again. She was looking down as she shook her head. "No, Jongin," she said. "Then WHY do you keep this distance from me?! I already regret not treating you well as my sister! I want to know what it's like to care for your little sister and love her!" he said, "I even tried to get close to HER in order to get closer to YOU!"

"Oh! So that's what it was for!" I said. "I am sorry, Mr. Kim Jongin," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "But I do NOT wish to get close to a mafia boss. I prefer a quiet and peaceful life." "Ouch! That was cold!" I said. "I promise you won't be harmed in any way," said Jongin. I analyzed his face and words. He had maintained his cold look but his voice held a slight desperation. "I don't trust you," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "All you ever did in my life was to kill my parents and then leave me in a cold-blooded way... I am grateful that you taught me to defend myself but you have never been someone I can rely on. You have never been my brother."

There was silence as I once again just looked from one person to the other. "I want to try... to be your brother... Please let me," said Jongin. She shook her head and looked at me. "Y/N, leave us alone for a moment," she requested, "I have something to talk to him in private." "O-Okay," I said, nodding. I glanced at them as I walked back to my place. So, that was Jeongyeon-unnie's story. Her parents were abusive, her brother who was only like a teacher to her taught her fighting and then he joined a mafia and killed their parents and Jeongyeon-unnie survived by herself until she was somehow adopted by dad... I gazed at the brother and sister for a long time.

Jeongyeon's POV

"Jongin, it's worthless to try and get close to Y/N," I said, "I won't risk my family's lives in any possible way and getting involved with YOU means we would be in continuous danger." "How are you so sure about this?" he demanded. "You are not even close-friends with Y/N yet and yet she has become the target of bad people," I said, glaring at him. "What bad people?" he asked. "Oh do I have to tell you? I thought you knew 'everything'?" I said, "There's a red-haired guy after Y/N. Also, unnie spotted a blonde girl who was keeping an eye on Y/N." I glared at him while he seemed to be in a deep thought.

"I will find out who they are..." he said, taking a deep breath, "But will you please give me a chance to be the brother you wanted? I have been regretting not doing what I could have for you... I curse at myself everyday for ignoring you after our parents' died and-" "You killed them, Jongin," I said, "They didn't simply 'die'." "Yes I killed them!" he said and for a second I saw that mad glint in his eyes, making me slightly nervous, "I was so done with seeing them hurting you again and again! I wanted it all to end!" I remained quiet. I don't want to make him angry at any costs. I don't know if Y/N noticed it, but I could definitely see the bump in his shirt which was so obviously a gun tucked inside his trousers.

I remained quiet. "Tell me," he said, "What should I do in order to prove it to you?" "Don't be so stubborn!" I said, "Can't you see that I am scared?" "Of WHAT?!" he said, "Cuz there's no one in this world who would dare to hurt Kim Jongin's only sister!" "That's exactly what I am scared of," I whispered, "Too much power attracts bad people's attention... L-Let alone the fact that you yourself have killed so many people... I told you, Jongin... I don't want blood on my hands. Please... Stay away from me and my family." Jongin glanced over at my sisters with a hard look on his face. "I won't give up all that easily," he said, "I will make sure to find Y/N's stalkers... See you, my strong one."

Y/N's POV

Everybody was quiet when Jeongyeon-unnie came back and sat down beside Mina-unnie. Her face looked sad and tense. "What did he say?" Chaeyoung asked in a small voice. "He said he would come back," said Jeongyeon-unnie in a low whisper. I just looked around at everyone as they all looked slightly scared and nervous. There's one thing for sure... There's gonna be a lot more happening in my life than there ever has been!

~To be continued~

I posted another chapter~! Thank you for reading guys! I love you so much❤❤❤