Ep 95: I Have To Know

Y/N's POV

"I swear! You are NEVER going to ride a car with Kim Jongin," said Jihyo-unnie when I came to the part of being chased. "I agree with you on this," I said, "It's really not fun at all." "What isn't?" came a strong voice and we all looked up to find Jeongyeon-unnie walking in like a boss. "Unnie~" I said, waving like a kid while she joined our little circle. "You," she said, looking at me, "WHO TOLD YOU TO GO WITH MY BROTHER?!" I covered my ears as she yelled in my ear and then said, "Uhh... It was a plan and-" "DID YOU EVEN-" Jeongyeon-unnie began, but someone else cleared their throat and walked in. "Who's this?" I asked. "Detective Lee," said Jeongyeon-unnie, flatly. Without a word, the guy took a place too.

Soon, the room was full as all of my sisters joined us. "Why does this feel like a family reunion?" Dahyun wondered. "Because it is," I said, hugging her from the side, "Ahh! I am so glad to see you safe~" "Hehe," she said, hugging me back. "Okay! Now can we execute this marvelous plan of yours and leaves the hugs for later?" said Jongin. "Sure," me and Dahyun said together in a sing-song manner. "It's not that big of a plan actually," I said, getting back on my serious-mode, "I just want to ambush him so that he doesn't get to escape or anything." "And you want me to be the one who talks to him?" Mina-unnie asked, meeting my eyes. A silent understanding passed between us and I said, "Yes." 

Mina's POV

"I will do that then," I said, "Shall we head towards his living room then?" "Sure," said Y/N, "We are heading in groups from different directions. You should head on first." "I am going with her," said Detective Lee and once again I wondered what his deal was. I saw Kai glancing at him but decided this wasn't the moment to distrust him so I said, "Okay then... Here I go." I felt all of their eyes on me and I bravely left the room, but internally I was getting nervous with every step I took. "Relax," said Taemin in a barely audible voice. "Yeah," I said. "I don't think it is necessary for you to act like this," he said, "We could just catch him." 

"I want to hear it from him," I said, "Y/N knows it... Somewhere deep down... I still have a soft corner for him and I want to destroy it before he destroys me." There was silence after that as the only thing heard was our steady footsteps. "This is it," said Taemin, when we reached the second floor, "Go and do what you want." I took a deep breath and walked in the brightly lit living room which made me squint since outside everything had been dark and dull. "Mina-chan," the voice which had once made my heart melt now made me so mad that I could have killed him with bare hands but I went with the plan. "Ryu... What's going on here? I thought you were in danger," I said. "Don't try to fool me, sweetie," he said, "I know you already know about everything. So why are you playing?" 

"What are you talking about?" I said, still trying to play around. "Do you mean to say," he said, taking a step towards me with every word, "That you don't know this was my plan? My plan to destroy everything you hold precious? You thought you would go on with your sucky life if you locked me up?! YOU WERE WRONG MYOUI MINA!" "And now you are caught," said Taemin, stepping out with his phone in his hand, "This is the police and I am arresting you right now. The proof is this." He played the video he had just taken and Ryu started laughing like a mad-man that he probably is. 

"You thought you could 'arrest' me with that?" he asked, "No... We are ALL going to die here!" My eyes widened when he said that, but then everyone burst out from everywhere. "You should go quietly," said Jongin, his gun pointed right at Ryu. He still had a smile on his face which bothered me. "But don't you know why Mina? Don't you want to know why I hated you that much?" he asked, "I used to love you a lot, but that was before I figured out who you were and what your father had done to me!" I frowned at that. "Don't be distracted by his words," said Jongin, "Just say the word and I can shoot him down." But I hardly even heard what he said as those blue eyes were fixed on mine.

"What do you mean?" I whispered, "M-My father? You know him?" As an orphan child, I had always wanted to know about my parents... and Ryu... knew... "I did," he said, a triumphant look on his face, "And I can tell you, Mina... If you let me walk out of this building safely." My breath was caught as he looked at me knowingly and I knew I had to let him go... I had to know about my parents... "MINA-UNNIE!" Y/N screamed suddenly, making my attention go to her. Her gaze was sharp as she shook her head firmly. I was sort of snapped out of my daze but then he said again, "Don't you want to find out? It was always your wish. I can tell you." 

"What do you want?" I asked, looking back at Ryu. "Make him drop the gun first," whispered Ryu. "This is f*cking crazy!" Jongin exclaimed, "Lee Mina, you can't-" "Drop it," I said, in a low voice. "Are you kidding me?" Jongin yelled. "JUST F*CKING DROP IT! I HAVE TO KNOW!" I screamed and heard a thud indicating that Jongin had threw his gun down angrily. "A brain," said Ryu, walking towards me, "Is a good thing Mina. You should have one." "What-" I began, but before I could make out what was going on, there was a loud bang.

~To be continued~