Ep 23: Cracking fingers

Y/N's POV

"Good-" I began but then noticed that the dining room was empty. "Mrs. Kim, where are the others?" I asked, looking at the old lady who was going towards the kitchen. "Your stepsisters left for school, miss," she said. My mouth fell open. THEY LEFT ALREADY?! "I can get someone to drive you there, miss," said Mrs. Kim. "No... I will manage," I said, running a hand through my hair. I rubbed the back of my neck and texted Yeonjun.

"Yah! Can you come and get me?" I texted. "I am already at school," he replied and I groaned. "What about Nana?" I asked. "We came together. Why?" came a reply. "Ugh! Nothing!" I texted. "Hey! Twice is here too! Where are you?" Jaemin texted. "I will be there soon... I hope," I replied. I walked towards the door, searching for a bus stop nearby. I had opened the door and walked out when a voice said, "Y/N?"

I looked up. "Chanyeol?" I said, frowning slightly. "I saw that you didn't come to school with your sisters today... And you didn't reply to me yesterday... So, I wondered if you were okay," he said. "Uhh... That..." I said, "We had a fight... And umm... I did not feel like-" "It's okay. You don't have to explain! Come on now! We have to reach the school quickly!" he said, "I came to get you." I nodded.

~Time skip to school~

I asked Chanyeol to drop me off a small distance away from school. I waved at him as he went ahead. I walked inside the school on my own. People stared at me and whispered but I kept my head high and walked on. I was getting to the school lockers when I heard a girl shriek. "Please leave me alone," she was begging. I peeked around the wall to see a girl getting bullied by a guy. Shit... I should do something to help her... I was about to step in when a familiar voice said, "YAH! YOU THINK YOU ARE COOL?!"

My eyes widened when I saw Chaeyoung walking up to the guy. "Son Chaeyoung, what do you want?" he asked. "Let go of the girl first!" said Chaeyoung coldly. The scene in itself looked cool. The guy was a senior and Chaeyoung reached hardly up to his shoulder yet her aura made him nervous. I stayed where I was and watched as he turned towards Chaeyoung and looked at her up and down.

"Gimme your hand," she said. Her face held a grave expression. "Huh why?" he asked. "Just give it to me," said Chaeyoung. "Never thought a Twice member would fancy me," said the boy and I rolled my eyes. I stayed hidden behind the wall and watched as Chaeyoung held the guy's hand. "Apologize to her," Chaeyoung said, glaring at him, "NOW!" "You think I would?" he asked. "You better do it soon," she said. Her voice made a shiver run down my spine. I would apologize quickly if I was that guy. I gulped.

3rd person POV

"What would you do if I didn't huh?" the guy asked, smirking. "Oh," said Chaeyoung in a surprised voice, rubbing his little finger softly, "You want to see?" "Stop! What are you-" the guy began, trying to pull his hand away but Chaeyoung held it tightly. "APOLOGIZE!" she said. "I won't!" he said. Crack! Y/N gasped slightly. The guy cursed loudly as Chaeyoung let go of his hand. His pinky finger was bent at an odd angle.

Chaeyoung's POV

Pain flashed on the bastard's face as he held his broken pinky. "YOU! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!" he screamed. "I will wait for my payment eagerly," I said, rolling my eyes, "You better think twice before you bully someone now." "YOU LITTLE-" he began. "I challenge you to complete your sentence," I said, in a dangerous voice, "I swear if I see you bullying next time, a finger won't be all that breaks." He muttered something under his breath and I glanced at the girl whose mouth was hanging open.

I rolled my eyes again and turned to the guy. "Buzz off now," I said, "And next time you like someone, tell them. Bullying the one you like to get attention ain't cute!" He looked at me with a poisonous look before leaving. "And you," I said to the girl, "Stop being pathetic and learn to fight back." The girl nodded. "Y/N, get out from your hiding place now," I added loudly. "Uhh... Chaeyoung..." Y/N muttered, coming out from behind the wall. "Take her with you," I told her, walking away from the scene.

I went to the school garden and sat behind a huge tree, resting my head on it's trunk. The girl reminded me of my old self. Pathetic thing... I clearly remembered myself from middle-school, begging to be left alone. At the orphanage, primary school, middle school... I had been a weakling and people just thought they could tread all over me however they liked... Until Jeongyeon-unnie entered my life...

~Flashback~

"Stop being such a pathetic little bitch!" Jeongyeon-unnie said, looking up and down at me with disgust as I cried hard. "Unnie," I sobbed, "What can I do? They always bully me... wherever I go..." "Learn to fight back!" Jeongyeon-unnie said, "Weak people always get the worst of everything! Make yourself strong enough to at least defend yourself!"

~Flashback ends~

I had been hurt by the way Jeongyeon-unnie had called me 'weak', but she was right. She had hated me for being weak from the beginning when she was adopted, but I worshipped her for saving me from bullies. In the end, she taught me martial arts and I grew more and more confident in myself. I am so proud of what I am now. No one dares to hurt me anymore, but when I see someone else being a prey of what I went through, it makes my blood boil. I am reminded of my own weak self which I hate heartily now. I hate weak people along with the bullies who think they are very smart!

In this world, one can survive only if they train themselves. I used to believe in old tales and thought that someone will save me, but no one did until I fought back. There are no knights in shining armor who will come to save you. That's what Jeongyeon-unnie taught me. "Won't you get into trouble?" said a voice. I looked up to see Y/N looking at me with fascination. "That's got nothing to do with you," I said, getting up and leaving. I have NEVER gotten into trouble for beating up bullies! I mean, the teachers did complain to dad, but dad ADORED me for being savage and heroic~!

Y/N's POV

I pouted as Chaeng left without talking to me. I met Dahyun in the corridor and she ignored me too. I tried to talk to Dahyun but she just gave me a cold shoulder. Chaeyoung is really daring to do stuff like this though... I really hope she doesn't get into trouble... I had asked the girl who was getting bullied if she was alright and then had headed to find Chaeyoung again, running into Dahyun on my way.

There's more to every single Twice member than meets the eye. I remembered the time Jaemin and Yeonjun had used the pink chalk on Tzuyu. "Looks can be deceiving," Mina-unnie had said. The look she had given me back then... Chaeyoung's coldness... I shivered in the warm sunlight which fell on me. I should tread carefully from now on.

~To be continued~

I had the previous two eps ready yesterday😅 I had been dying to post it yesterday but since I had planned to publish them on Valentine's day, I had to stop myself! How was your day, everyone? Feel free to DM me anytime~ I love you❤