Ep 50: His Heart

Y/N's POV

I didn't know whether to be scared or amused or happy when Jeongyeon-unnie said, "Oppa," in a low sweet voice. I gulped as Kai raised his eyebrows, a small smirk on his face. "Yes, my dear sis?" he said. "Please put on your shirt," she said, in the same sweet voice. "Okay, baby sis! As you wish," said Kai. He immediately walked off to the side of a yard and pulled on a black shirt. "Woohoo! Nice!" I said and Kai bowed his head with a grin. "Oww!" I exclaimed when once again Jeongyeon-unnie stamped her foot on mine, "That hurt!" Kai chuckled and said, "Why don't you come inside then? I will be back after a quick shower!"

"That will not be necessary," said Jeongyeon-unnie coldly, "I only came here to tell you not to trouble Y/N." Jongin looked at me and I spoke up, "I did NOT say anything," at once. He sighed and looked at Jeongyeon-unnie again. "Look," he said, "At least have dinner with me now that you have come..." "No," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "Just stay away from Y/N." "Don't test my patience, Kyungwan," said Jongin, in a deep growling voice. "What if I do?" Jeongyeon-unnie boldly. "You don't want Y/N to be stalked by mafia, do you?" Kai asked. Jeongyeon-unnie's face paled and Kai looked as though he had just hit the lotto.

"Don't drag Y/N in this," whispered Jeongyeon-unnie. "I am afraid that's the only way to make you listen to me," said Kai, "I tried being nice for years... I helped you out to find every sort of information you normally won't be able to lay your hands on. But you only ever cut me off after you got what you wanted and now... This is the way I will use!" There was a slightly mad look in his eyes and I mumbled, "Just listen to him." "Fine," sighed Jeongyeon-unnie, "Let's go in." "Good," he said, nodding. He walked inside and we followed after him.

The inside of his house was just like old places too... But isn't old furniture like that expensive? Also, the paintings and stuff looked pretty costly too. "Sit," said Kai, when we reached the dining room, "I will be back." I nodded while Jeongyeon-unnie just flopped on a chair. "Why is his house like this?" I asked once he was gone. "Huh?" said Jeongyeon-unnie, "Oh... Jongin was always interested in antiques and stuff. Plus, he was a fan of kung fu and martial arts of all sorts! I can't believe he still uses nunchucks though..." "Hmm," I said, looking around as I sat down beside her. "He's a psychopath," Jeongyeon-unnie mumbled, laying her head on the table. "But as long as he cares for you, it doesn't matter, right?" I asked.

She remained silent for a moment before saying, "Why are you siding with him? Didn't you hear his threat? He will have people following you!" "Well... I saw his desperation earlier... He really wants to do his best to become a good brother to you and I think you should give him a chance," I said. "He's a mafia boss, Y/N," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "Do you think it's safe to be involved with him?" "So what if it's not safe? He's still your brother, unnie!" I reminded her, "And I think he has become pretty lonely. Even if he has all those people around him, there's no one who loves him and cares for him. He just needs a family... Someone to hear him out when he's having a hard time. What's wrong with being there for him, as a sister?" I said.

Jeongyeon-unnie looked thoughtful for a while, but before she could speak, Jongin came back. "Hey," I said, waving at him like a kid. He just nodded before sitting down in front of Jeongyeon-unnie. "Wait," he said, "I will ask them to serve the dinner." He disappeared once again. "Don't you find him scary though?" Jeongyeon-unnie asked. "I think he's kinda cute," I replied. Jongin entered the room at that moment. "YOU FIND THIS HERE MAN CUTE?!" Jeongyeon-unnie almost yelled, standing up from her chair as she pointed at Kai. I went red with embarrassment. "Uhh what?" Kai said, looking at me and then at his sister.

"From which angle?!" said Jeongyeon-unnie, looking at him up and down. "Well! You haven't seen him wearing bear clothes!" I said, defending myself. "Bear clothes?" said Jeongyeon-unnie frowning. Kai seemed to have caught on on what was happening and he cut in quickly saying, "Dinner's ready!" Maids walked in and laid the table while I just giggled at the look on unnie's face. She was staring at Kai with a really weird expression. "Stop staring at me like that, Kyungwan!" said Kai, pouting. "See that!" I said, "He does look cute when he-" For the third time in a day, my poor foot was crushed. "I am keeping my mouth shut," I said, with tears of pain in my eyes. "That would be better," said Jeongyeon-unnie, picking up a vegetable from the hot pot in her chop-sticks. "Meanie," I mumbled.

"Thanks for the food," said Jeongyeon-unnie, putting down her chopsticks after dinner was over. "And you will be leaving now?" said Jongin, with a sigh as he looked down sadly. "Did I say that?" Jeongyeon-unnie asked. "You are not leaving?" Kai asked, his face lighting up. Jeongyeon-unnie shook her head and said, "I am staying for a while... I would like to know how your life has been." Kai stared at her as though she had just popped out of the earth. "R-Really?" he asked. She nodded and said, "It had been hard for you too, right?" Kai nodded, his eyes becoming slightly teary. I was slightly shocked but kept silent.

"You don't know, Jeongyeon," he said, in a low voice as he looked away, "I didn't... I didn't really want to kill them." Jeongyeon-unnie remained quiet too as Kai finally poured his heart out. "I was fed-up," he said, "Fed-up of the everyday torture... More than myself, I hated to see you getting hurt. I was so happy when you were born. You were such a beautiful baby... But when I saw him hurt you like he hurt me, my blood boiled. The underworld people were, of course willing to take in a child like me... They taught me to fight. They were cruel and harsh but they led me to believe that killing was the only way. But now... That's who I am. I tend to kill people who annoy me." That sentence made me shiver slightly.

"But I promise," he said, "I promise that I won't let anything hurt you. I killed them because I did not want them to hurt you! I shouldn't have disappeared from your life... I know I was wrong. I should've stayed by your side, but what could I have done? I was just as helpless and useless! But now, everything is different! I have all the money and power I need to protect you. Please give me a chance to make up for my mistakes, Jeongyeon." I looked at Jeongyeon-unnie, wondering if she will finally accept her brother.

~To be continued~

I am back~ Thank you for reading! I love you❤