Ep 78: Unfair

Nayeon's POV

I remained quiet. "Your mom lost all of her memories of you... The doctor said it was because they were painful to her since you ran away," he said, "She now thinks Miyeon was her only child." Somehow that snapped something inside me. "And you let her forget about me?" I asked. "What could I do? It was for the better..." he mumbled. "HOW was it for the better?! Do you even consider me your daughter?" I said, harshly, "This is why I hated Miyeon! This is why I always wished she was never born! Even now when she's dead and gone, mom remembers HER, ONLY HER! SHE WAS ALWAYS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILD HUH? I WAS JUST BORN BY MISTAKE?" "Nayeon-ah, why would you say that?" dad said, his eyes wide. "Well, Mr. Im, I guess I shouldn't have come back to see you! I have a new family now! Stay happy with your memories of your daughter!" I said and stalked away towards my car.

"Mr. Yun, p-please drive me back home," I said, blinking away my tears. "Is something wrong, Miss. Lee?" he asked, kindly. "JUST TAKE ME HOME!" I screamed. "Yes ma'am," he said, starting the car. I stared at the house I had considered was still my home, but I was wrong... It's not my home at all. It's just the Ims place... The Ims who only had one daughter. "I'm sorry, Mr. Yun," I mumbled, "I just... I came to the wrong place." "Why is that, Miss?" he asked. "My mom never really wanted me, I guess," I said. "Aigoo! A mom always wants her child, Miss! How could you think like that?" he asked. "Because that's just how it is," I said, and the car went silent. I rested my head against the window and groaned, "I really shouldn't have come at all."

Y/N's POV

"You see," said Mina-unnie, "My mom appeared in my dream once. She told me an angel who could save me would be here soon." There was a big smile on her face as she said that. "And you think I am that angel? Although I am so stupid, annoying and weird?" I asked, pointing at myself. "Yup," she said, chuckling, "Because although you are stupid, annoying and weird, you have a high EQ and you can be wise at times. And really warm~" "Uhh is that a praise?" I asked, "Cuz you did agree that I am stupid and all that..." She laughed and said, "It is a praise." "Well, I am honored, Mina-hime~" I said, bowing. "Hime?" Mina-unnie said, "Where did you learn that from?" "Anime," I replied. "My mom used to call me that," she said, with a distant look, "By mom, I mean the lady who owned the orphanage I was raised in." "Your parents...?" I asked. She shrugged and said, "I don't know them! The owner was a really kind person though... She was sweet and like a real mom."

"How is she now?" I asked. "She's no more," said Mina-unnie, "She was really old you know... She died when I was around fourteen and the orphanage was destroyed... She would've been really happy if she had seen me with a family..." "She must be happy now," I told her, "You did get a big family!" She nodded and smiled again. Then she looked at her watch and said, "Oh! I should get going now! I have a dinner to go to!" I nodded. "Unnie," I said, before she left. "Yes?" she said. "Be careful," I said, "I'll wait for you." "I am not a kid, sis!" she said, grinning, "But yeah, I will be back home right after dinner so don't worry!" "Bye then," I said, waving. "Annyeong," she said.

Nayeon's POV

"I'm home," I said, lying down on the sofa as soon as I entered the living room. "Oh! Unnie! How did it go?" Tzuyu asked. "Badly," I said. "Is your battery dead or something?" Chaeyoung asked. "Yeah," I said, "I am tired... And hungry." "Dinner's ready!" said Jihyo, walking in as well, "C'mon, unnie! Don't lie there! Wash up quickly so that you can eat!" "Yes mom," I said, standing up and leaving to my room. "What's with her?" I heard Tzuyu say. I stepped inside my shower and put on some music. "Don't be like this," I told myself, "You still have your family!" I took a light shower and got dressed quickly to go downstairs. "I only had one daughter," my mom's voice rung in my head. I hit my head lightly. Ahh! It kinda hurts even if I did say I have a family. "Nayeon-ah, are you okay?" said a warm voice.

I looked up to see Y/N's mom standing there. "Oh... Mom..." I said. It actually feels more comfortable to call her mom... I'm messed up. "I heard you went to see your parents," she said, softly, walking towards me, "What happened?" "Nothing much," I said. "I won't ask you to tell me anything," she said, "But it would be great if you don't pile it all up inside you." Why is she so much like Y/N? Or is it that Y/N is like her? "It doesn't matter," I said, flatly, "My parents don't want me." "Is that so?" she asked and I nodded, "Then it does matter!" I frowned and she said, "If you think you are not wanted, it could do a great harm to your mind... Just tell me what happened." And so I ended up telling her about everything, from the beginning.

"It's so unfair," I said, "She still cares only about Miyeon!" "Hmm," said mom, looking into the distance. "But wasn't Miyeon just a baby?" she asked after a few minutes, "Isn't it natural that your parents took care of her?" "Does that mean you have to forget that you actually have one more daughter?!" I asked. "She lost her memory, Nayeon," said mom, calmly, "It wasn't done on purpose. It was because she was shocked. I have personally experienced what it feels like when your child runs away." "So now what? Are you gonna side with her and say that I was wrong?" I asked, feeling all worked-up. "No," she said, softly, "I do understand your feelings." "You are just talking from both sides!" I said. "There are no 'sides', Nayeon," she said, calmly, "It's your mom, dad and you. Your dad must've had a hard time looking after your mom too. I just want to say that it was not nice of you to yell at him." "NOT NICE?" I said, "I don't believe this!" "Calm down," she said, "I am not saying it was your fault." "Unfair... You are all unfair," I said, shaking my head.

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading~! Neomu saranghae❤