Ep 77: The Forgotten Daughter

Nayeon's POV

"Where's Y/N?" I asked. "Upstairs," Jihyo replied. "Aish..." I mumbled, "Just tell her I went to my parents." Jihyo nodded and I took a deep breath. I wish I had stopped by her room to talk with her before I made up my mind... But I don't really want to go back all the way up to her room again! They are my parents after all, right? What could happen at the worst? "Do you want me to accompany you?" Jihyo asked gently when I stayed silent for a few minutes. "No... I should do this alone," I said. "Best luck unnie," said Dahyun, "Fighting!" I nodded and said, "I should really get going now!" With that, I walked out of the mansion and got into our car. "Jinhae..." I told our chauffer. I remembered my address from my childhood and told him to drive me there.

Y/N's POV

He stared deep into my eyes and I just stared back in silence. "Answer me," he said. "You want to know the truth?" I asked, slowly. "Obviously," he said. "Then should I tell you my feelings at this moment?" I asked, never letting go of his gaze. "Go ahead," he said, in his low deep voice. "I feel as though I am high on drugs," I said. Before he could respond, I moved my face closer to him. "But of course!" I said, pulling back and sitting up just as he had shut his eyes, "If you still want to be jealous of Nana, I don't mind it at all~!" I smirked to myself as he blinked. "Am I Marijuana to you?" he asked, in disbelief, "Or Heroin?" "You are Park Chanyeol," I replied, cheekily, "My jelly~" "I was NOT jealous," he said, "As if I would be jealous of your friends!" "Oh really?" I asked. "Shut up!" he said.

I simply chuckled while he opened and shut his mouth a few times. "I might as well leave!" he said, shaking his head as he stood up. "Sure, but don't you have something to give me?" I asked. He looked at me with narrowed eyes. Should I just tell him that I remembered him? "Chanyeol," I began, but he cut me off saying, "I do have one thing." In a swift moment, he cupped my cheek and pressed a kiss on my lips. "Not that," I said, "You have my-" I made a face as his phone began to ring. "Oops! Looks like my boss figured out I left!" he exclaimed. "You sneaked out of work?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well since you didn't reply to my messages, I thought something was wrong! But I really am gonna be in trouble now! Gotta go!" he said, his nose scrunched up as he looked at his phone. "Bye then!" I said, waving, "I hope you stay alive!"

Nayeon's POV

Okay! I am here! I have to do this now! I gulped and knocked on the oak door in front of me. I can't believe the brass knocker is still as it is... My breath quickened as I heard footsteps walking towards the door from the other side. I really, really wanted to run away as fast as possible but my legs stayed stuck on the spot. My eyes widened as the door opened and my mom stood in the doorway. I felt my eyes getting wet as I took in her face. She looked the same as before, but her beautiful smile was missing. Her face looked as though she hadn't ever smiled before. "How can I help you miss?" she asked. "E-Eomma, i-it's me," I said, "N-Nayeon."

I waited for a sign of recognition but none came. "Don't you recognize me?" I asked as she simply stared at me. "I only had one daughter," she said, her voice trembling, "A-And my M-Miyeon has d-died. Don't make fun of a hurt mother. Leave!" I blinked as the door was banged shut in my face. "W-What?" I stuttered, "Did you forget me?! Mom! It's me! Im Nayeon- your first child!" No reply. "How?" I whispered. I walked away from the house and sat on a bench in the nearest garden. I had never expected this... Does mom hate me? Why did she say she only had one daughter? Did she somehow find out that Miyeon died because of m-me? Before I knew it, I was bawling my eyes out.

Mina's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. "Yes, you look perfect, Mina," I told myself, "Now, let's go for that damn dinner, shall we?" I looked at my watch. I still have about an hour. "Oof what should I do now?" I wondered. I peeped outside my room only to find the corridor deserted. I sighed, shutting the door and lay on my bed. I don't feel like seeing any of the others. Most of them wouldn't even talk to me, I guess. I can't blame them. I don't like this myself! How do I kill time now? I stared at my watch and said, "C'mon! You can run faster than that! You always do when I am watching something interesting!" But no matter how hard I glared at my watch, the hands moved in the same speed. I groaned and walked over to the window.

"But no one knows~" I was singing, "How far it goes?" A voice joined me and I turned around to see Y/N. "And then I'll know how far I'll go~!" we completed the song at the top of our voices. She giggled and said, "That was nice!" I grinned but then she asked, "Are you going somewhere?" "Yes..." I said. "Unnie, do you really like Ryu? Tell me the truth," she said, gravely. "Yes," I said, without looking at her. "I really hope you don't forget what I told you on the rooftop," she said. "I know, Y/N," I said, "Just believe me." "I do," she said, "But... Nothing! I hope you find your happiness!" I looked up at her and she gave me a small smile. Okaasan, she is really the angel you were talking about, right? "I'm just a human," she said, chuckling. "Did I say it out loud?" I asked, blinking. "No," I said, "But your eyes looked as though you were looking at something divine! So yeah, I am just a human." "You are an angel," I told her.

Nayeon's POV

"Princess, is that you?" came a voice and my neck snapped up. "A-Appa," I gasped, wiping my eyes quickly. He stared at me and then walked over to me. "Nayeon?" he said, uncertainly. I nodded, sniffling. "It's really me," I said, "But appa, d-does eo-eomma hate me?" He shook his head, and said, "It's just a sad reality, dear..." "What do you mean?" I asked. "After your dongsaeng died, your mom was already devastated. When you disappeared, she collapsed..." said dad, looking at my face as though he still didn't believe it was me. I should never have left... "But how did you...?" he asked, "Are you really my daughter?"

~To be continued~

I know this chapter is a bit short, but I really want to sleep😴 I did a lot of Math today and didn't get to write this chapter earlier... Feel free to point out any mistakes I might have made. It's really late in my country right now. Good night! I'm gonna sleep now!