Ep 96: Finally Over

Chaeyoung's POV

While everyone was focused on Mina-unnie, my eyes travelled to Y/N, who was standing a bit too close to Jongin. I glanced at her as she called out to Mina-unnie, but her hand slipped behind her back. What is she doing? Jongin seemed to know what was going on as well but I didn't exactly understand and frowned. She moved away from him after a minute, but her hands were still behind her back. I turned my attention to Mina-unnie again when Ryu walked closer to her. He was talking something about a brain and Mina-unnie looked shocked. I gritted my teeth as he got closer to her, but then there was a loud bang.

My neck snapped in the direction from where it came and saw Y/N standing there, trembling slightly. "NO!" Mina-unnie screamed and I looked back to see her holding Ryu in her arms, but he wasn't... he didn't look... alive... "Cover this up well," said Y/N, tossing a revolver to Detective Lee, "I bet you can do that." She was trying to talk smoothly but her voice shook and gave away the fact that she herself couldn't believe what she had just done. Meanwhile Jihyo-unnie rushed over to Mina-unnie who was shaking Ryu while screaming, "YOU HAVE TO TEL ME! WHAT DID YOU KNOW?!"

"He was just lying to you, Mina," Jihyo-unnie was saying in a gentle voice, "He didn't know anything." "Why didn't you tell us you wanted to find out about your parents?" Jeongyeon-unnie asked. "Do I even have to say it?" Mina-unnie said, sobbing slightly, "Of course I wanted to know... I don't even know their names..." "I can't believe you killed someone in front of a police officer," Detective Lee was talking to Y/N. "I can't either... But did you want him to walk free?" Y/N asked. I agreed with her in this. He did not deserve to be alive. But I just couldn't get my head around her killing him.

Y/N's POV

Did I really do the right thing? The way he was trying to play mind games with Mina-unnie even when he was caught really made me mad. I didn't think she would let him, but I had to do something. Most of my sisters looked too shocked while Jongin looked at me with new-found respect. Chanyeol just stared at me without an expression on his face... "How did you do that?" Chaeyoung asked, walking up to me, "I mean... How did you learn to shoot like that?" "My aim was always good," I said, letting out the breath I was holding. She held my arm and smiled. I was grateful for it... I was afraid maybe I had done the wrong thing.

"Do you really want to find your parents?" Kai asked, walking to Mina-unnie at last. "Yeah! He can find out!" said Jeongyeon-unnie, "You know he can." Mina-unnie nodded and then looked at me. I looked down quickly but then she said, "I am sorry... I shouldn't have believed his words." "I...." I mumbled, "I am sorry I k-killed him too..." "He had to die," said Mina-unnie. "Yeah," said IU, "I don't blame you." "Remember what you said," said Tzuyu, "When you found out about me killing someone. Same is applicable for you too." I nodded as all of them agreed to this at once. "So now, shall we get out of this place?" Sana-unnie said. "What about him?" IU asked. "I will take care of this..." said Detective Lee, with a sigh, "What a family..."

"Let's go out then!" said Dahyun. "But where is the exit?" Jihyo-unnie said, "We couldn't find it anywhere." "I know what to do," said Kai, smirking. He called someone on his phone and said, "Stay on the first floor with what you found earlier." "What's this about?" I asked, curiously. "Follow me and you'll know," said Jongin, "Taemin-ssi, it would be better if you come along too. You might not have to make up anything if you do." Detective Lee raised his eyebrows but then followed after Kai without a word.

"Woah," I exclaimed when we reached the ground floor and saw Xiaojun standing there with a huge thing which looked like one of the missile launchers in GTA games. "Is that what I actually think it is?" I said, excitedly. "It is," said Xiaojun. "Why bother to find an exit when you can blast a wall apart?" said Jongin. "Cool," I said. I would've loved to say that we walked out from the place with a blasted hole in the wall, like a cool movie scene, but that's not what happened. However, Jaemin and Yeonjun are going to hear it the cooler way!

A hole was made in the wall all right but the building began to crumbled slightly above too and we had to make a run for it to escape before all the rubble came down on us. "Y/N-ah!" Chanyeol yelled, pulling me quickly before a rock fell on my head. "Th-thanks," I said. He just looked at me without a word. I blinked as I realized there was a new sound resonating in the night air... Sirens! "DAD!" Chaeyoung yelled. "Woah," I said, as loads of police cars arrived, dad and mom jumping out of the first. We were soon gathered around dad as the police checked the building which we had just managed to collapse. Kai, Xiaojun and Irene were nowhere to be seen. "Looks like he left..." I mumbled. "Girls! What were you thinking?" dad demanded, "How could you come to a dangerous place like this? Y/N, I heard you went with Jeongyeon's brother." "Sorry," I mumbled, looking down.

"Let's go home first," said mom, "All of you must be tired..." We all agreed on that point and left the spot at once. "Detective Lee, you were going to tell us about something," said Dahyun suddenly. "I do," said Taemin, uneasily. "Why don't you come along with us then?" said Mina-unnie. He nodded. I frowned. Didn't he call us 'sisters'? Is he.. I suddenly glanced at dad and then at him and gasped, "Heol..." Could he possibly be dad's real son?! How could I have not noticed this earlier?! Dad's eyes and ears are exactly like his although everything else is different! Then his mom...

~Time skip~

"Take a bath and go to bed right after dinner," mom said, "Everything else can wait." "But mom, he has to explain!" Chaeyoung said. "Detective Lee, you can stay over if you want, but my kids need a good sleep right now," said mom. "I am all right with that," said Taemin. He looked nervous and I could understand. How could he declare he is a real son of dad's...? I might be wrong but I have a feeling that's the case... I was pretty glad to go right away to bed after having dinner. "It has been such a long day," I said, yawning, "What an adventure... I am sort of glad it's finally over..." I stared at my hands and a thought occurred me, "I killed Ryu." I shivered at that thought. I killed a person... There was a knock on my door. I opened it to find Chanyeol standing there in night clothes.

"I thought you might want to talk..." he said, scratching the back of his neck. I hugged him tightly and he said, "I must be right... You try to look like you are all right, but you are really shook." "How do you know?" I said, my voice coming out muffled as my face was buried in his chest. "I just do," he said, wrapping his arms around me. I gripped his shirt slightly and looked up at him. He smiled at me gently and said, "It's okay. Just go to sleep." I wanted to as well, but I didn't want to sleep alone. I had a feeling I wouldn't be okay if I was left alone. He walked past me inside the room and I said, "What are you doing?" "Don't you want me to sleep with you?" he asked, looking back at me. "Th-That sounds a bit weird!" I mumbled, looking down as I played with my fingers, but I shut the door at the same time.

"Don't think too much," he said, taking my hand and pulling me to the bed with him. I stayed still as he pulled me into his arms and pulled the blankets over us. "Relax," he whispered in my ear, pressing his soft lips against my forehead. I hummed in response and shut my eyes in peace, letting sleep take over me.

~To be continued~