Ep 65: Mall

Y/N's POV

It was afternoon. Everybody was still not over Ryu coming in our house. Mom and dad had to leave for work again. Meanwhile, I was trying to cheer Mina-unnie up by watching a kdrama together. We decided to sit in the living room since all the others were sitting there too. Sana-unnie decided to join us. "Lemme grab some cola and snacks!" she said, as I opened my laptop. I nodded and she cheerfully walked towards the kitchen. "Which one should we watch?" I asked Mina-unnie, who was staring at the screen. "Anything would be fine," she said, sighing. "Hmm... Let's watch something funny then," I said. I was wondering about which drama would be best when I heard Dahyun's voice, "Careful with the glasses, unnie."

I looked up to see Sana-unnie walking downstairs with three glasses of cola in her hand and a pack of chips in her mouth. I blinked, just hoping that nothing falls down. Just as the thought ran through my mind- CRASH! "Oh no," I mumbled, watching as Sana-unnie groaned and the cola started spreading on the floor. "Yah! Don't just stare at her, idiots! Dahyun, get the mop for me!" said Jihyo-unnie, who had come running downstairs after hearing the sound of glass. I was more shocked when I turned to Mina-unnie and saw her staring at the glass pieces with fear. "Unnie, are you all right?" I asked, shaking her slightly. She screamed and said, "No!" "Yah! It's me," I said, blinking. She looked at me for a minute and then stood up. "S-Sorry," she said, sitting back down. What was that?

Mina's POV

I kept glancing at the broken pieces of glass while Jihyo bustled around to clean up the mess and Sana tried to help her. I winced just looking at them. "Walk over them if you don't want me to show them to anyone," the drunken voice filled my head. I screamed when someone suddenly touched me, "No!" "Yah! It's me," said Y/N, blinking. I stood up, wanting to leave but then sat back down, mumbling an apology. My hands trembled slightly and I clasped them together. "Are you all right?" Y/N asked. I nodded, but I wasn't even listening to her anymore. That scene from long ago was flashing in front of my eyes as though it had happened just yesterday...

3rd person POV

~Flashback~

Mina stood trembling in front of the drunken guy as he looked at her in contempt. "Why are you doing this to me?" she sobbed, "Ryu, please come to your senses!" The black-haired guy just smiled drunkenly and said, "You want me to delete it?" Mina looked at him, tears running down both her cheeks. "Please... I love you," she whispered. He grabbed a soju bottle from his bedside table and smashed it hard on the floor, making her jump in fear. "R-Ryu, what are you doing?" she gasped as he smashed another bottle. "Go to the door," he said. She was so scared that she just listened to him and walked over to the door of the bedroom. "Ryu!" she screamed, when he continued to smash bottles until there was glass scattered everywhere in the room.

Then he looked at her and said, "Walk over them if you don't want me to show them to anyone." "W-What?" said Mina, her eyes widening. "You heard me, bitch!" he screamed, "Now walk over here to me! And if you say a single word..." Mina gulped and looked at the floor again. "I DON'T HAVE THE WHOLE DAY!" he screamed. She nodded and shut her eyes as she took a step inside the room, sharp pieces of glass piercing in her foot. She bit her lip hard to stop herself from screaming and walked on. "Ha! Now c'mon," he said, when she finally reached him and looked at him with tears running down her cheeks, "Take them off."

~Flashback ends~

Y/N's POV

"Unnie," I said, shaking my hand in front of Mina-unnie's eyes. "Y-Yeah," she said, shaking her head. I really should do something to take her mind off things a bit. But what? The answer came in the form of Dahyun saying, "Hey! IU wants me to go to the mall with her! Would you come along?" "Hmm... Sure!" I said, "Mina-unnie, you should come along too!" "Huh me?" she said, pointing at herself. "Of course! Now come on! Let's go and get ready!" "Lemme tell IU then," said Dahyun. I nodded and said, "C'mon unnie!" "Arasseo! Arasseo!" said Mina-unnie, finally getting up. As we walked upstairs she said, "Y/N, whatever he wants... I want to tell you this- he's bad... Really bad." I looked at her as she looked at me with a dark expression. "I can tell," I said, nodding, "He doesn't look the type but I could tell. He seems a bit off to me."

"He's lying," said Mina-unnie, "It was all his doing... Y/N, I think I am going crazy." "No you aren't," I said, firmly, "Just stop thinking about everything related to him. It's a past you can't change. Don't ruin your present for it!" Mina-unnie nodded and I said, "Let's get ready then! We can buy lots of stuff at the mall~!" She smiled and nodded again. I changed into outdoor clothes too and walked downstairs with her. "You have a strange fashion sense," said Chaeyoung, looking at me, "Where are you headed, by the way?" "To the mall," Dahyun replied, skipping downstairs. "What's wrong with my clothes?" I asked, frowning. "Nothing," said Chaeyoung, lazily, "I just like to annoy you~" I made a face, turning my bucket hat around while she chuckled. "Is Mina-unnie going too?" she asked. "Yup," said Mina-unnie. "I am coming too then!" said Chaeyoung, sitting up at once. "Get ready quickly then!" said Dahyun.

We had only waited for a few minutes when Chaeyoung came downstairs, followed by Tzuyu. "I'm coming along too," she declared. "The more the merrier," I said, shrugging, "Now let's go! IU must be waiting!" We all walked outside to the car and got in. "To XXX mall then," said Dahyun to Mr. Yun, who was our chauffeur. "Hmm~ What should we buy then?" Dahyun wondered, "IU said she wants new clothes." "We'll just see when we get there," said Chaeyoung, shrugging. "What about you, Y/N?" Dahyun asked. "Huh? Anything would be fine," I said. I was basically trying to keep Mina-unnie involved in some kind of talk to stop her from thinking about bad memories.

Mina's POV

I was grateful to Y/N's chatter because whenever she would stop talking, I would start hearing his voice again. "Aha doesn't it look prettier like this?" I shivered remembering more from the past I had tried to bury. "Which one did you like though?" Y/N's voice stopped my chain of thought again, "Pigwidgeon or Hedwig?" That was a stupid question but I replied anyway, "Pig was cute, but Hedwig was beautiful~" "I know right! What about Crookshanks?" she said. Just like that, we became engaged in our talks until we reached the mall. "Ji-eun-ie~!" Dahyun said, jumping down from the car and running over to IU who was waiting. "Dubu~!" IU said, happily, "I was waiting!" "Nice to see you again," I said, as the others exchanged greetings as well.

Y/N's POV

After wandering around for half an hour casually, we finally entered the clothes' section. "Buy a new hat, Y/N," Chaeyoung suggested, "That bucket hat makes you look like a Grim Reaper!" "That's utter non-sense!" I exclaimed, "How-" "She's just pulling your leg, Y/N," said Mina-unnie chuckling, "Your hat looks good." "I know!" I said, pulling at my black bucket hat annoyedly. "Chaeng really loves to tease you," said Tzuyu, laughing as well, "But I kinda agree with her!" "You two!" I said, looking at the maknaes. "What? You wanna try catching us here?" said Chaeyoung in a challenging voice. "Hah! That's easy!" I said. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu exchanged looks before saying, "Go ahead and try then!"

"Y/N!" Dahyun and Mina-unnie called out as I started chasing the two girls around. "Wow... I can't believe she's the same age as you and IU, Dahyun," said Mina-unnie. I puffed my cheeks hearing that, but went on any way. "Where did those two disappear?" I wondered aloud. I was now standing in the middle of the mall, with lot of people staring at me. I'm glad I wore my flip-flops! I was originally gonna wear my black heels but those would've made it difficult for me to find them. All in all, I can NEVER agree that I looked like a Grim Reaper! Those people wear all black stuff and I am wearing a white shirt with blue shorts. The only black thing on me is my hat and I wore it because it had been a long time since I last used a hat. "Y/N, is that you?" said a voice, "I just saw your sisters giggling behind a mannequin in the Gucci store!"

~To be continued~

I had to type another chapter! I can't stop me~ Thank you so much for reading! I love you❤