Ep 38: Hurt Feelings and Confusion

Y/N's POV

What am I trying to do? I have been taking a shower for the past hour... I feel drained out and warm water feels really comforting. I heard a knock on the door of my bathroom and sighed. I am not even surprised at this point that someone managed to get inside my room even with my door shut. I remained quiet. There was a knock again and then a voice called out, "Are you trying to drown yourself or something?" Chaeyoung? I frowned. How is it her out of all the people in this house?

"Unnie... Please come out," said Chaeyoung in a soft voice, "Please." I found myself getting dressed and walking to the door. "Unnie," she said, knocking again in a more determined way, "I am breaking the-" I opened the door before she could complete her sentence. "Chaeyoung-ah?" I said. "Oh... Uhh... I thought you wouldn't come out," she mumbled, stepping back. I sighed and said, "I can't just stay in there forever, can I?" She shook her head and said, "Are you alright?" I sighed and said, "I just..." Chaeyoung sighed loudly and muttered something under her breath. "Uhh what?" I asked. "N-Nothing!" she said. I frowned, but she said, "Yeah! Aren't you coming downstairs for dinner?"

"I'm not hungry," I said, looking at the window, "By the way, did you climb in through the window too?" "I can," she said, "But why would I waste that much energy when I can just pick the lock with a chopstick?" "You picked the lock with a what?!" I exclaimed. "That's not the point," she said, calmly, "You aren't gonna starve for a reason like this." "Why do you care?" I asked. She looked slightly taken aback by my question. "You are a part of our family now," she said, gruffly, "Of course I would care." That was really sweet... coming from Chaeyoung... I feel slightly better about my life.

"And yeah," she added, before I could be too happy, "Mina-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie said that they wouldn't like it if you miss out your dinner." "But I am not really hungry," I said, pouting. "Tell THEM that," said Chaeyoung, shrugging, "I relayed the message! Now I'll be off." I sighed and sat down on the edge of my bed as she was leaving. She stopped at the doorway and said, "You should really come with me." "Fine," I said, getting up in defeat. She smiled at me- the first warm smile I have ever seen on her face. It was definitely nice for a change! "C'mon then~!" she said, linking her arm with mine. It was a bit confusing as to how she changed her attitude so much in less than a day...

I looked down as we reached the dinning room. Mom and dad were not home for dinner today. "Y/N, you came!" said Mina-unnie, walking towards me. "Y-Yeah," I said, gulping. What's gonna happen next...? Are they all still angry? I was shocked out of my mind when I felt a warm pair of arms hug me softly. "I was worried," she said, in a soft voice, "Are you okay?" "Yes..." I replied, stunned. "Didn't I tell you our Y/N is strong-minded!" said Jeongyeon-unnie as she smiled proudly, looking at me. "Yeah! You shouldn't have worried so much!" said Jihyo-unnie. Mina-unnie pulled away and glared at her before turning to me and saying, "Come sit."

I noticed that Momo-unnie gave Jihyo-unnie a look too, as Mina-unnie got me to sit down beside her. Why are they angry at Jihyo-unnie? I mean... It's not like she did something... I thought I would be the one they are mad at. Why Jihyo-unnie? "Umm... Is something wrong?" I asked, cautiously. "No," said Nayeon-unnie, "Why would you think so?" "I just..." I said, "Nothing." "Well," said Dahyun, "Don't think too much and eat." I really don't feel like eating, but since they were all looking at me now, I nodded.

I ate a lot less than usual. "Good night, guys," I said, wanting to go upstairs again. "No wait!" said Sana-unnie. I looked at her questioningly. "We got ice-cream for you~!" said Sana-unnie smiling cutely. "Wow..." I said, "But why...? Weren't you mad at me earlier?" "We want to cheer you up, Y/N," said Nayeon-unnie, looking away, "We know you are sad and we don't like it... So please cheer up!" "That's sweet of you," I said.

Dahyun's POV

It hurt to see Y/N so subdued and sad. I couldn't help but feel resentful towards Jihyo-unnie for causing all this. Even though she didn't approve of Y/N's relationship, it was still Mr. Park and Y/N's business... Plus, she had actually dared to black-mail her own brother into breaking her own sister's heart! The very thought of it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't like this at all! Momo-unnie and Mina-unnie were mad at Jihyo-unnie too... Actually, I think most of us did not really like what she did. Momo-unnie was the most furious one... I had never seen her get angry but when Jihyo-unnie told us about what she had done earlier... It makes me shiver just remembering Momo-unnie's face.

I stared at Jihyo-unnie as I ate my ice-cream. How could she do this? I looked at Y/N again. She looked slightly, just a little bit more cheerful than earlier. Jihyo-unnie should confess everything and make it right. Even if Y/N had to break-up one day, it should've been her own choice. I went to Jihyo-unnie's room after dinner, determined to make her tell Y/N everything. "Unnie, that was not a nice thing to do!" I declared, walking inside her room. "Huh? What are you talking about?" Jihyo-unnie asked. "You know exactly what I am talking about," I said.

"You want me to tell Y/N that my brother was forced to do what he did?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. "Yes," I said, looking straight into her eyes. To my anger, she chuckled. "Dahyun, it's unnecessary," she said in a voice as though she was teaching me that one plus one was two. It just made me so frustrated. "How is it unnecessary?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

~To be continued~

Ahh! It's really late here in my country! I am gonna sleep now, my lovely readers! Thank you for reading! I love you❤