Ep 55: Angel

Y/N's POV

Her sharp gaze went right through my soul, but I kept up a normal face and said, "Huh? What do you mean?" "I heard you talking to someone! It was a man's voice," said Mina-unnie. The previous incidents flashed in front of my eyes, and I remembered the words she had said, "Because as far as I can see, you are completely helpless right now... Just as I was..." I hadn't given those words much thought back then. But now, I just couldn't unhear them. "Who was it?" Mina-unnie's voice snapped me back into the present. "I was just watching a drama on my phone," I said, calmly. She frowned and said, "Really?"

"Don't you trust me?" I said, pouting. "Of course I do," she said, uncertainly scratching her neck, "But... Okay! C'mon downstairs now!" "Unnie," I said, before she could walk on. "Yeah?" she said. "Can I ask you a question? It's a bit personal but..." I said and looked at her. "Sure," she replied, "You can ask me anything you want..." "Did someone... Were you... Uhh! It's a bit hard!" I said and groaned at the end. "Do you want to ask me about my past?" she said, looking down. "I-If it's all right," I said. She gestured towards my door and I walked in. She sat down on the bed and patted the place beside her. I sat down beside her, gulping slightly.

She sighed and said, "I think you've guessed it... It was a guy whom I loved very much." Her lower lip trembled slightly as she continued, "What he did is very... p-painful to my heart... I had given my everything to him. I believed that he was the right one. But he blackmailed me using exactly that one moment which I thought was the best moment in my life." I was shocked to see her trembling slightly as tears ran down her cheeks. I hugged her tightly from the side as she broke down completely. "Where is he right now?" I asked, a hard edge in my voice. "In the jail," Mina-unnie replied, "I could never have sent him there without dad. You see... He had this big mafia boss supporting him." "M-Mafia boss?" I said, scared of hearing the answer. "He's dead too," replied Mina-unnie calmly, "That, I think, was Jeongyeon's work. She asked her brother to take him down."

I had no words when she had finished. So much had happened in each one of my sisters' life. "But that was it," said Mina-unnie, turning to look at me with a dark expression, "I never trust men from then on." "That's where it's wrong!" I said, "Not every body is the same!" She shook her head and said, "You won't understand..." "Maybe I won't understand how much you went through but I do know one thing for sure- good people exist in this world too!" I said. She was quiet as she looked away. "The wound is too deep... I don't think I can believe in the goodness of people any more," she mumbled. "Then how about trying to heal that wound?" I said, softly, taking her hand in mine, "You can do it, unnie."

She looked at me and then frowned. "Why are you always talking about 'healing wounds' and stuff?" she said, hitting my arm slightly, "Are you a doctor or something?" "Well," I said, shrugging, "I might be~" She shook her head and said, "Well then, Doctor Y/N, what do you prescribe for my wound?" "Believe in goodness! Just try to get friendly with some good people and you will slowly regain your trust in others," I said, wisely. "I will try," she said, smiling like the angel she is. I smiled back and she said, "Now, be quick! Jihyo will kill us if we are late for breakfast!" "Ne!" I said, jumping up quickly.

Mina's POV

I smiled slightly, remembering my dream from earlier. It was true huh? I had dreamed about my mom. She had told me that an angel would come to rescue me from my darkness soon. My heart felt completely at rest as my beautiful angel jumped up and walked towards the door of the room, turning back to look at me. "Aren't you coming?" she asked, tilting her head. I got up and walked towards her, a true smile still on my face. "What about you though?" I asked, "Haven't you got any wounds or scars? I would like to try and heal them for you, my angel!" Her smile turned into a slightly sad one as she looked down.

Is there something in her past too...? "There aren't really any," she said, "Just an old wound and a slightly fresher one." I frowned and said, "I don't know the old one, but what's the new one?" I knew the answer deep inside me even as I asked her this question. She shook her head and said, "It's not a big deal! The old one... It would probably be healed soon!" "At least tell me what it is," I said, pouting, "Didn't I tell you about mine?" "It's just that I feel guilty about my father's death," she said, lightly, but I knew that it was not a light matter for her. "How?" I asked. "I was three... He died in a fire and I was the reason he was caught in it," she replied, "I asked him to get a stupid teddy bear I had dropped!"

"Heol..." I muttered, "But-" "It's okay! I just..." she cut me. "But you shouldn't feel guilty about that one! You were just too small and it wasn't your fault!" I told her. "That's what mom keeps on telling me... But how can I not feel guilty?" she asked, looking at me. That's true... I would have blamed myself too if it had been me... "Y/N! MINA!" called out Jihyo from the dining room. "Coming!" Y/N called out. "Now let's go!" she said, turning around quickly. I just followed her as I thought about what I could possibly do to make Y/N happier... I know one thing for sure- I want my angel to be freed from her darkness too!

"Jihyo-unnie is going crazy!" declared Dahyun, popping up from the staircase. I remembered her talking with Y/N's friends earlier in school. She looked so much happier than before too. She's getting on well with them... "Oh yeah! Why aren't they here yet either?" Dahyun's question made me come back to the earth. "Who?" I asked. "Uhh..." said Dahyun, glancing at Y/N. "This is the time, Mina-unnie!" she said, "I have two special people who can help you too!" I frowned but I can easily tell who those people are! I wonder how this goes now! AND about Y/N's fresh wound, I have the EXACT medicine for that!

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading~! I love you!❤