Ep 99: Vacation

Y/N's POV

"I don't mind," said Taemin, a bit awkwardly. At this rate, it's going to take some time for everybody to get used to him and for him to get used to us... Everything was quiet until someone's phone started ringing. "It's mine," said Taemin, standing up quickly and leaving the room. Dad rested his head on the table and sighed deeply. "Dad... Do you-" Chaeyoung began, but he cut her off before she could continue, "I know what you are thinking... Do I still want you after I found my own child?" "No! I wasn't thinking that at all!" said Chaeyoung at once. "I hope so," said dad, "We are a family and I don't want that to change... ever." "It won't," said Dahyun. Taemin came back after a moment, a dark look on his face.

"What happened?" Mina-unnie asked. "I was transferred," he replied. "What?" I said, "How?" I had a feeling it was related to the blowing up of a building and Taemin being there not giving a satisfactory explanation. "It's better than being fired," he said, shrugging. "Where are you transferred to?" Jihyo-unnie asked. "Daegu... I have to report there tomorrow," said Taemin, "I am sorry, dad, but I won't be coming with you guys after all." He sounded just a bit awkward saying 'dad' but dad seemed really happy. He is making an effort already...

I felt sorry for being harsh as I thought about him being all alone without a family after his mom died. "Oppa, I hope everything goes well with your job," I said. He looked at me in astonishment when I said that. "O-Oh yes," he said. "Fighting," I said. He nodded. After that, the mood went up and the awkwardness in the air cleared as well as we all started chatting just as usual about things. "Why did IU go home already though?" I said, with a pout. "Her parents were worried sick," said Dahyun, "So she thought it would be better if she went to see them." "She was brave to stay in the cupboard and struggle instead of accepting whatever they told her to do," said Sana-unnie. "How do you know Jongin-oppa?" Jeongyeon-unnie was asking Taemin-oppa.

"That story is a bit complicated," said Taemin-oppa, scratching the back of his neck, "Let's just say we both helped each other a lot in tight spots." "I like complicated stories," I piped in, "You have to tell me." "Well... I originally wanted to arrest him... Being a police officer and all," said Taemin-oppa, with a faraway look in his eyes, "But he ended up saving me somehow and so we developed a sort of frenemies relationship." "Do you still want to arrest him?" I asked, curiously. "Not really," said Taemin-oppa, "I figured he doesn't really hurt good people so... It's unnecessary." "Of course," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "He never hurts good people."

"I gotta go pack my stuff to leave," said Taemin-oppa after breakfast. "I really hoped you could stay..." said dad. "I would come by to see you, but I really think living alone suits me better," said Taemin-oppa. "Just know that you have a family behind you," said mom, "And don't hesitate to call when you have some difficulty." "That would be... really great," said Taemin-oppa. We all saw him off in his police car and then headed back to the dining room. "I want to sleep," said Jeongyeon-unnie, yawning. "Me too," said Sana-unnie. "Why don't all of us just go to bed? None of us had any sleep," I said. "I am not really sure," said mom, "Your sleep timetables would be ruined if you sleep now..." "Okay! Sleep!" she said, when there was a collective groan from all of us. I giggled and said, "Good night then~"

~Time skip~

"So~ I have arranged everything so that we can go out together!" said dad, excitedly, "Where do you girls want to go?" "We have been everywhere really..." said Jihyo-unnie. "You have?" I said, blinking. She nodded and Dahyun said, "Where do you want to go?" "There are a lot of places actually... But are you talking about within this country or...?" I said. "I was thinking about visiting another country," said dad, thoughtfully. "I want to see the Parthenon," I said. "You want to go to Greece?" said Jeongyeon-unnie interestedly. "Yeah well... I am interested in the mythology a lot so..." I said. "We haven't been there before, have we?" said Chaeyoung. "We haven't," said Nayeon-unnie. "What do you all say?" said Jihyo-unnie. "I am fine with anything to be honest," said Tzuyu. "Should I make the preparations then?" said dad, "Get down to packing! A good long vacation in Greece it is~!"

~Time skip~

"Yah! Fold them properly!" said Jihyo-unnie as I threw in different clothes inside my bag in a heap. "I am gonna do it," I reassured her, "I am just looking for clothes!" "Does it have to be this... messy?" said Jihyo-unnie, trying to sound polite. I looked around my room and scratched my neck sheepishly as I realized how my clothes were lying everywhere. Jeongyeon-unnie stepped in at that moment too and gasped, "What in the-" "I will get it all straight right away!" I said, picking up a pair of stockings which lay by my feet. "Wow," said Tzuyu. "Why are all of you here right now?" I said, "Aren't you packing?"

"What's the point?" said Chaeyoung, who had been standing behind Tzuyu, "I am gonna buy new clothes there anyway. I am only taking a small bag with few clothes and they are always ready!" By this time, I had gathered all the clothes and put them on my bed. "And now your bag is under the mountain," sighed Jihyo-unnie, "I am glad I popped by. Let ME pack it all for you." I pouted and said, "Yah! I have NEVER gone on a trip this long." "Are you really going though?" Chanyeol asked. He was watching everything from the corner of the room, leaning on the wall with a pout on his face and his arms folded. "You're still here?" said Jeongyeon-unnie.

"Don't behave like that," huffed out Jihyo-unnie, "I already asked dad to bring you along." "You DID?" he exclaimed as my phone began to ring loudly. "You still have that ringtone?" said Jeongyeon-unnie. "Of course," I said, winking as I picked up the phone, putting an end to Sana saying 'cheese kimbap' on repeat. "Y/N L/N YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN!" I held my phone at an arm's distance as Jaemin's voice yelled out of the phone. "Oops," I said, "I almost forgot to call you. I would come to your place and tell you the whole story, okay?" "You better keep to your word," said Yeonjun. "Do I ever break my word?" I asked, only to find that the phone had been hung up. "Real nice," I muttered. "Find some more socks," said Jihyo-unnie, "I can only see a pair here."

Within no time, I had my bag ready. "Should I go visit Jaemin and Yeonjun?" I asked. "Sure," said Jihyo-unnie. "Don't get into trouble," said Chaeyoung, cheekily. "Okay," I said, bowing my head, "I have had enough trouble for a life time!" "And don't tell Jaemin any far-fetched stories," said Tzuyu, grinning, "Because I can always tell him the truth!" I pouted and said, "When do I do that huh?" "I am pretty sure you made an Avengers-like version of everything by now," said Jeongyeon-unnie, snorting. "I- Okay! I will tell them the exact happenings! Can I please go now?" I asked. "I'll go with you," said Chanyeol. I shrugged and walked out of my room.

~To be continued~