Ep25: Freaking out

Y/N's POV

Jaemin and Yeonjun were waiting for me outside in a taxi. "Hurry up, Slowpoke!" Yeonjun yelled. "Yeah yeah!" I said, running up to the car. Jaemin was holding the door open. I climbed in and sat beside Yeonjun and Jaemin climbed in too. He told the ahjussi the address and we were off. I nervously bit my lip, thinking about my encounter with Jihyo-unnie. "What's up, Y/N-ie?" Jaemin asked gently. "Huh?" I said, getting out of my daze. "Did you have a fight?" Yeonjun asked. I sighed and told the two everything that had happened with me and Twice.

"But WHY US?!" Yeonjun said indignantly, "We came before them too!" "I know," I said tiredly. Jaemin squeezed my shoulder slightly and said, "Don't worry. We will always be on your side." "I am worried because they are dangerous!" I said, without thinking. They looked at me like I was crazy. "Oh c'mon! They can't hurt you or us!" said Jaemin. "They can..." I murmured and they stared at me again. "I don't know, guys... I think we should be careful," I said. "For now, just relax. We've reached," said Jaemin. We got out of the car and I smiled as I saw the dear little house which I loved so much AND the pretty lady who ran up to us and hugged the three of us.

"Mrs. Na," I said, smiling. "Ahh my pretty baby has grown up so well!" she said, smiling her beautiful kind smile. I hugged her tightly and she chuckled. "Looks like you missed me a lot," she said. I nodded as she wrapped her arms around me and held me close to her. I felt safe and happy. "Mom," Jaemin whined, "Won't you hug me? I am your real son!" "Jelly!" I said, laughing as I pulled back. "Sure, my dear son," said Mrs. Na, chuckling, "And what have you been up to these days? Been releasing bees in your Maths class? Throwing tar on teachers?" Jaemin pouted while I laughed.

"Come on in! I baked for you three!" Mrs. Na said. We went inside the house with her. We chatted with her happily and she hadn't changed at all. Our Queen Mother- so affectionate and kind as always! My heart felt warm just by looking at her. "Chocochip cookies for my Y/N- straight from Queen Mother's oven~!" she said. "Aww. You still remember?" I said. "Of course, sweet heart," she said. "Mom," said Jaemin. "Don't worry! I didn't forget yours too!" Mrs. Na said, "Yours too, Yeonjun! Eat well, my babies!" "We aren't babies any more," said Yeonjun, puffing up his cheeks. "I am!" I said, raising my hand, "I am willing to be Queen Mother's baby for my whole life!" Mrs. Na blew a kiss and said, "That's my Y/N."

Jaemin and Yeonjun gave us looks and we both laughed. "How are things with your step-family, Y/N? I heard your mom married Mr. Lee," said Mrs. Na. My face fell slightly and I said, "They are... okay, I guess." Mrs. Na frowned. "You have nine step-sisters right?" she said and I nodded. "But aren't they nice girls? I talked with your mom earlier and she said you got along well with them," said Mrs. Na. "I do... But there are a few... arguments... It's fine, Mrs. Na! You don't have to worry about it!" I said. "Of course I will worry if my baby is in trouble!" Mrs. Na said indignantly. "Mom, did you really forget that I am your real baby?" Jaemin cut in. I was grateful because I didn't want to worry Queen Mother and I kept quiet.

~Time Skip~

"Bye," we chorused, getting inside our taxi. "Bye, sweety! Bye boys! Stay safe!" Mrs. Na said, waving at us. She gave us each a peck on our cheeks as we left. "Mom! You are embarassing me now!" Jaemin said, rubbing his cheek. Mrs. Na giggled and waved. I sighed happily, sitting between the two boys. "Ahh! Jaemin-ah, your mom is the best!" I said. "She is!" Jaemin said, grinning, "But I sometimes can't believe how she loves you more than me!" "Yah! She loves you too!" I said at once. "Okay! Okay!" Jaemin said.

They dropped me at my house first. All the anxiousness I had been feeling settled in again. But surprisingly, no one looked at me when I came in. "I'm home," I said softly, putting my shoes away and walking towards my room. Why does this feel like the quiet silence before a storm? Or am I being too poetic? I dismissed the feeling and changed into comfortable PJs before heading down for dinner. Yes... I have been out for a whole day... They can't scold me about it! My mom had given me the permission to stay out! I took my seat between Dahyun and Nayeon-unnie, the safest people in this room. I was closest with them before the argument, so I guess I thought it was best to stay beside them. I was wrong...

"Where were you today?" Nayeon-unnie asked sharply. I gulped and replied, "I went to Jeonju-si with my friends..." "Why?" she asked, looking at me coldly, "I thought we forbade you from talking to them." "I really wanted to meet Jaemin's mom," I replied meekly. She frowned and said, "And why is that?" "Because she is a really nice and sweet lady..." I mumbled. "Hmm," said Nayeon-unnie, "But since you did what you wanted and disobeyed us... You should be punished." My eyes widened as I looked at her. "U-Unnie, mom had-" I began. "IN THE LEE FAMILY," Jeongyeon-unnie cut in, "We DON'T talk back to our elders!" "Relax, Jeongyeon," Nayeon-unnie said, calmly, "Our Y/N-ie is new. We have to 'teach' her a few things." I gulped. I don't like the way she said 'teach'.

"Y-You can't hurt me!" I blurted out, "I am your sister!" "Ahh! So you finally remembered who we are!" said Jihyo-unnie. "What do you mean?" I asked, frowning. "Oh! Someone asked us yesterday who we were to interfere in your life!" Tzuyu said. "I didn't mean it that way!" I said, feeling panicked. "Yes you did," Chaeyoung piped in. She imitated me saying, "Who are you to control my life and my choices?" "Chaeng!" I whined. "Y/N," said Nayeon-unnie and I looked at her again. What is going to happen to me now?!

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading! I love you❤