Ep 42: Blazing Past

Y/N's POV

"Umm... Guys, why are you surrounding me like this?" I asked, when I realized that my sisters were surrounding me as we got off the car at school. "Oh! Nothing!" said Sana-unnie, airily. I frowned but let it go just like that. "Ahh! We have to go to the lab early in the morning!" whined Dahyun. "The lab is fun though! I love our chemistry lab. Old Jumpy makes it better!" I said. "Jumpy?" Jeongyeon-unnie said, frowning. "It's our chemistry teacher," said Dahyun, giggling, "You know how old he is, but the way he bounces around the lab..." "What a name!" said Mina-unnie. "I know right!" I said. But every single person loved the round little teacher!

We all watched in amusement as he performed an experiment and then told us to do it on our own at our places. I was heading to my place when I saw two boys by the window. There was some reddish powder on the window sill and the guy was rubbing it, drawing some kind of pattern with it on the sill. But isn't that... "STOP!" I shrieked, "THAT'S RED PHOSPHORUS! YOU WILL SET THE WHOLE LAB ON FIRE!" Everybody looked at me, stunned. "Miss. L/N, I am glad you know about the consequences of rubbing red phosphorus," said Jumpy, "But there was no need to scream like that." I blinked a few times, realizing what I had done. "I-I'm sorry," I mumbled. Jumpy had already walked up to the two boys and was scolding them for using things in the lab.

3rd person POV

Y/N quickly rushed out of the lab, feeling embarrassed. "What's wrong with Y/N?" Dahyun asked Yeonjun. "Nothing..." he said, looking down, "She just has a blazing past." "What does that even mean?" Dahyun asked, "I should go and look for her..." "No. Don't," said Jaemin, grabbing her arm as she tried to leave, "Y/N prefers to stay alone for a moment at times like this..." Dahyun frowned and said, "What do you mean by moments like this? Nothing really happened!" "You won't understand!" said Yeonjun, shaking his head. "Miss. Kim! Mr. Na! Mr. Choi! Do your work please!" said the old teacher and the three turned to their test tubes.

???'s POV

I was sitting outside the school again, leaning on the handles of my bike. It's nearly four hours until school ends... Y/N, I miss you. Just as I was thinking this, I saw a girl run out of the lab. Wait! Isn't that Y/N...? I frowned as I saw her run away, her face holding a sad expression. What happened? It hurts to see her like this. Should I...? No. I can't. My face hardened as I took in a deep breath. Just some more time.

Y/N's POV

"Nae teddy," I wanted to keep running forever as the scene repeated itself in front of my eyes. "Appa will get it for you." It was the last time I had seen his warm, loving smile. I felt tears forming in my eyes as I finally stopped in the school gardens. I wanted to shrink completely and disappear from the face of earth... It had been my fault... All for a damn teddy bear! I curled up in a ball and hid behind a bush, burying my face in my arms as I remembered the flames. It was as though I felt suffocated just from the memory of the thick black smoke and I took in deep breaths, trying to calm down.

~Flashback~

3rd person POV

Y/N, her mom and dad had been on a vacation. Y/N was three years old. "Aww you speak so well, my daughter!" said her dad, hugging his baby and smiling happily. "Appa," said Y/N, cutely. "Aigoo gwiyeomi!" dad exclaimed, "Let's go to the garden, shall we?" "Ne," said Y/N. There was a small treehouse not much high up on a tree in the garden. "Honey, I will be right back! I think I forgot my purse somewhere!" said Y/N's mom. Y/N's dad nodded as he took her up to see the tree house. Y/N was clutching her favorite teddy as usual.

~Flashback ends~

Y/N's POV

All because of that stupid teddy! I pulled at my hair as I cursed myself. All I could remember was that the tree house had somehow caught on a fire. We had managed to get out of the tree house, but I had dropped my bear. I have punched myself about a thousand times for asking my dad to get it for me. I hated myself for being so pathetic about a toy. "Appa will be all right, Y/N-ah!" were his last words as he had been about to get down from the tree. His eyes had widened as a log of the tree had fallen. My little self had not understood a thing as I watched with wide eyes. My teddy had landed beside me as the log fell and I lost my father in the flames.

I still have the cursed teddy. It's like the last gift from my dad, one which I wish I had never asked for... The thought of a fire scares me... "Y/N?" said a voice. I looked up to see Sana-unnie looking at me in surprise. "Are you crying?!" she exclaimed, "What happened? Why are you here? Weren't you going to the lab?!" She pulled me up from behind the bush and looked at me with worry etched in her eyes. "I'm fine," I said, rubbing my eyes. "Of course you are not!" said Sana-unnie, but then she gasped as she saw something behind me. "Y/N! GO TO YOUR CLASSROOM AT ONCE!" she said. "Huh?" I said. "GO!" she said.

Sana's POV

I was feeling panicked as I saw the guy watching us eerily. I did not look at him a second time as I hurriedly told Y/N to leave. "Go! Just go!" I said. "O-Okay," she said. I nodded, and said, "Hurry up!" Then I followed after her. Damn! I have to tell the others! A person was watching Y/N! I hurriedly texted the members in our group chat. "See the message already!" I said, frustrated. "Unnie? What happened?" said a very welcome voice. "Tzuyu! I found someone watching Y/N!" I said, at once. "Who?" said Tzuyu at once, her face becoming determined, "Let's go and catch him!" "C-Can we?" I asked. "Of course!" said Tzuyu, "The others are in their class! We have to do this ourselves!"

"L-Let's go then!" I said. "Wait!" said Tzuyu, "Tell me a bit about this guy." "He was outside the school, sitting on a bike," I said. "How does he look?" Tzuyu asked. "He wore a helmet!" I said, impatiently. "We have to at least see what he looks like if we can't catch him!" said Tzuyu, "He was outside the school you say? Let's go!" She began to walk in the opposite direction to the school exit. "Where are you going?!" I asked in confusion. "C'mon! I know a way out of the school ground which can get us right behind him!" said Tzuyu. I gulped as I nodded and followed after her. Our maknae is really brave! I won't dare to try and catch a possibly dangerous man on my own!

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading~! I know I said I would reveal Tzuyu's past. I am gonna reveal it soon~ Wait for the next chapters😉 I love you❤

 I am gonna reveal it soon~ Wait for the next chapters😉 I love you❤