Ep 90: Truth

Dahyun's POV

I couldn't do anything but stare at the girl and feel bad about not believing in her. "Ji-eun-ah," I said, biting my lower lip nervously. She seemed to be in a really bad shape. Her eyes flickered open and widened when she realized that the door of the cupboard was open. "Dahyun! Ugh! I tried so much to free myself! That crazy man was trying to-" she began but went silent when I hugged her tightly and started sobbing. "What happened?" she asked, anxiously while the others stayed silent and watched. "I am so sorry for thinking that it was you," I said, without looking at her. "Huh?" said IU, "What?" "It isn't your fault," Irene spoke up, "He used his sister."

I finally let go of IU and looked at her. "What do you mean?" I asked. "His sister mimicked your friend's voice to fool you," said Nayeon-unnie. There was a short silence. I looked anywhere but at IU. "Did you believe it was me?" IU said, disappointment clear in her voice. I couldn't meet her eyes at all, but then Taemin said, "Can you two sort it out later? We shouldn't be here for too long." "Agreed," said Jeongyeon-unnie, "Who knows when more people might come. We don't want to be trapped down here." That thought made everyone move at once. I helped IU to climb out of the now-broken trap-door.

No one said anything as we got into Lee Taemin's car. "I am going to drop you guys home," he said, "Stay there until I come back with your sisters." "No," said Chaeyoung, "We are going to the auction next." "That place is not safe for you girls," said Taemin, "There are g-" "Just listen to us!" snapped Jeongyeon-unnie. He stopped the car and looked at her. "You don't get to order me around," he said, "I am doing this for your safety." "What does safety matter when someone important to you is in danger?" Nayeon-unnie said suddenly. She had been quiet and avoiding her mom's gaze until now. Her voice was quiet but clearly audible.

Taemin stared at her for some time and then sighed, "Fine. I will take you to your sister." "Did you find out about the other three who disappeared?" Chaeyoung asked. "No, but I have a feeling they are at the auction too," he said. "Then what are we waiting for?" I said, "Drive us there." He turned back to the steering wheel and started the car's engine at those words. I felt IU's eyes on me and looked at her. "I am really s-" I began but she shook her head and said, "I understand. I heard a few things about you guys' past back when they kidnapped me... But believe me, Dahyun, I would never hurt you." "I am sorry," I said, looking down. "Stop saying sorry! We're besties, right? Let's get Y/N and the others back, okay?" she said, smiling. I nodded, blinking back some tears. How did I find a friend like her really?

Y/N's POV

The man with the gun had somehow disappeared but something weird seemed to be going on. "And now, gentlemen! We have another precious item before we present the diamonds!" the announcer said. The lights were suddenly put out and I held Jongin's sleeve nervously. I heard the sound of wheels and a spotlight went on. I gasped and Jongin cursed when we saw the announcer grinning at the crowd sickly. A cage had been brought on the stage and two girls were passed out inside the cage. "Virgins!" he said, "We have the most beautiful ballerinas from Japan here!" "Onee-san!" I heard a voice from behind us and that's when chaos reigned. The spotlight was turned off and people were screaming before I was shoved off my feet. My back hit the hard, cold floor and I screamed until someone placed a hand on my mouth and whispered, "Shh! It's me." "Y/N!" I heard Kai's voice.

Nayeon's POV

"We are here," said Taemin. Something seemed to be wrong as a lot of people seemed to be running out of the building. He had sensed it too. Jeongyeon jumped out of the car at once and Taemin followed. "Nayeon-ah," said my mom suddenly taking my hand in hers. "Umm... We will leave you alone for a moment," said Taemin. Mom nodded and held my hand tightly until I pulled it away. "What is it?" I asked, looking up at her at last when the others were gone. "Dahyun told me," she said, looking down. "What did she tell you?" I asked, suddenly feeling scared that she already knew about Miyeon. Dahyun wouldn't do that... would she?

"That I didn't recognize you," she said, in a small voice, "I am so sorry, my child." My heart was beating fast from what she would say next. "Why did you run away, Nayeon? It broke my heart so badly," she said, looking straight at my eyes suddenly. I couldn't say a word as she looked at me with those eyes of hers that showed nothing but pain. Can I tell her the truth...? "Th-that," I began, "I felt guilty..." I shut my eyes as she said, "Guilty?" I took a deep breath of the cold night air and spoke before I could rethink it, "Mom, I am the reason of Miyeon's death."

Jihyo's POV

"Did you HAVE to scream?!" I hissed at Momo. "But that was Yua onee-san in the cage!" said Momo, in a panicked voice, "How did they kidnap her?! And the other girl! It was... It was her..." "Who?" Tzuyu asked. "His new girlfriend," said Momo, in a small voice. "Look, we can't talk about it here," I said, looking around, "We have to find Y/N first." We had quickly jumped inside a cupboard when the gunshots had sounded. "Why did they get onee-san?" Momo said, covering her face, "They could've caught me... Why her?" "Momo, it isn't necessary that they caught her for you," I said. "They did!" she said, "Just like Mrs. Im and IU... Onee-san was caught because of me..." I couldn't deny it either. They had caught her because they knew Momo would be hurt...

"Sick," I said. Tzuyu looked at me in surprise. "They are trying to use our past against us," I said, through gritted teeth, "Why else would they get the girl Momo's boyfriend went to? Ryu's plain sick now! Momo-ya, you shouldn't let this affect you. We will free Yua-unnie too. Don't you worry!" "Let's get out and see what's going on then!" said Tzuyu, "I think I saw oppa diving into the crowd earlier." "I am glad we came here," said Momo, finally looking up, "I can settle my old scores now too."

~To be continued~