Ep 56: Cat-love

Y/N's POV

"We have some guests for breakfast," I declared, walking downstairs. "Huh? Who?" Nayeon-unnie asked. At that moment, the doorbell rung. "Here they are," I said, walking to the door. I walked in, my friends behind me. "All of you probably know each other," I said, a bit nervously as I rubbed my hands together. "Of course," said Nayeon-unnie, "Jaemin, Yeonjun and Lucas- the three who stopped us from finding you by playing around." "Hehe... What a new way to introduce us," said Lucas. Jeongyeon-unnie shook her head while Tzuyu said, "Then how about the guys who used pink chalk on me?" Oops...

"Why don't you sit down?" said Dahyun and I felt slightly glad, "We were just about to have breakfast." "Are you friendly with them too?" Sana-unnie asked and Dahyun nodded. "Of course!" said Jaemin, "We're good friends~" I smiled happily at that and sat down beside Lucas as the three took their seats too. There was silence as most of us focused on our food. Suddenly there was a croak. I frowned and looked around. "I-Is there a frog around?" Chaeyoung said, pulling her legs up from below the table. "Hmm?" said Jeongyeon-unnie, "Frog?" "I heard a croak," said Chaeng. "Me too!" I said, raising my hand. "Me too," added Jaemin, copying me as I made a face.

We looked around for a while, Jeongyeon-unnie looking below the table as well when there was another croak. "It's one of you three, isn't it?" Nayeon-unnie said, pointing at the boys. "Yes! It must be!" said Dahyun at once. "Yah!" I said, "Don't play any tricks!" "But we aren't!" said Jaemin, "I honestly don't know where the croaks are coming from!" I narrowed my eyes and looked at him in the eyes. He looked back with innocent eyes. "Truth now please," I said as I heard Yeonjun snigger slightly. Jaemin looked a bit bewildered as he too turned to the other two. There was another croak. "I hate frogs!" Chaeyoung declared suddenly.

"It's coming from you!" said Mina-unnie, pointing at Jaemin. "Me?" said Jaemin, pointing at himself too. He pulled out his phone from his pocket with a confused face and then made a face. "Haha! Very funny," he said, turning to Yeonjun and Lucas. "They changed my notification sound to a frog's croak," he said, "Didn't you find at least a tiger's roar?" "It was pretty fun to see the reactions!" said Yeonjun, pouting. "You are so..." said Momo-unnie. "Unique," said Lucas. From that point, all of my sisters started talking to the others as well and I was sitting there satisfied with my decision.

~Time skip to school~

"What's with all the crowd around the notice-board?" said Jihyo-unnie. "Let's go and see," I said. But obviously couldn't see anything since the crowd around the board only made it possible to see only some hair and some shoulders. "It's about some play," said Tzuyu, easily looking at the notice-board. I craned my neck to see something while she laughed. "Here," said Jaemin, kindly, passing me his phone, "I took a photo of the notice." "Aww thank you, Nana," I said. In the end, all of us walked away from the crowd to take a look at the photo. "Why Alice in the Wonderland though?" said Yeonjun. "It's a performance our school is doing at the orphanage, idiot! It's for the small kids!" said Lucas.

"Even so," said Yeonjun, "Can't they like, perform Cinderella or something?" "Alice in Wonderland is okay," said Dahyun. "Shall we try out for the play?" suggested Sana-unnie. "Sure! That would be fun! We'll get all those weird costumes too!" said Dahyun. "I am becoming the Cheshire cat!" I said, raising my hand at once, "I love that cat!" "The Cheshire cat," said Yeonjun, "Is a male." I pouted and said, "How do you know?" "Off with his head!" said Yeonjun, making a sign with his hands, "The queen said 'his'." I puffed up my cheeks and said, "I can still be the cat!" "Why don't you try to be the queen instead?" said Yeonjun, sniggering, "That would suit you better!" "It won't!" I said, hitting his arm lightly.

"Okay, you two! Don't fight!" said Jaemin. "You kids can try for the characters," said Jeongyeon-unnie. "Yeah," said Nayeon-unnie, "We're too old to become rabbits, cats and rats!" "But you would look cute in those outfits," I said. "We'll see!" said Nayeon-unnie. "I'm definitely giving the audition a shot!" said Dahyun. "You should become Alice!" Jaemin and I said, together. We gave each other a high-five before turning to Dahyun. "Do you think so?" Dahyun asked. I nodded at once and then said, "What about me? I really want to be the Cheshire cat!" "Then ask Mr. Wang if you can still try for it," said Momo-unnie, "Our drama teacher, you know." "I will!" I said.

But as it turned out, Mr. Wang wanted a guy for the Cheshire cat. "Told you," said Yeonjun, smirking at me. I made a face. "You can try for the queen," said Mr. Wang. "Insult!" I said, gasping, "Off with Mr. Wang's head!" "See! You suit it!" said Yeonjun while Mr. Wang laughed. "Decide it yourself, Y/N! I'm busy right now!" said Mr. Wang as he left. "He's doing 'Swan Lake' right?" I said. "Yup!" said Jaemin. "He really wanted Momo-noona to play Odette," said Lucas, "But she refused..." "Huh?" I said, "This is my first time hearing it... Why would she refuse to be Odette?" "It has a reason, Y/N," said Dahyun, "Don't mention Swan Lake in front of Momo-unnie..." "Why?" I asked. "It's not my place to tell you!" said Dahyun. "Anyway! Shall we get the script?" said Jaemin, "And decide which role we want to try an audition for?"

"Sure," I said. We took the scripts from Mr. Wang and walked towards our classroom. "Dahyun-ah," I said, "You should try for Alice." "I think I will!" said Dahyun, smiling. "What should I do?" I whined, "I can't be Cheshire cat!" "How about I do the Cheshire cat? I can lend the outfit to you," said Jaemin. "Hmm... That's a good idea! I only want to try out the pink cat outfit!" I said, "If I can't play the character itself!" "That's done then," said Jaemin, grinning from ear to ear. "I am going for the March Hare," said Yeonjun. "I will become Mad Hatter then!" said Lucas. "Should I try the duchess?" I wondered aloud. "I think the queen of hearts will really suit you," said Dahyun, with a serious expression. "You too?" I said, making a face, "Off with Dahyun's head too!"

We all burst into laughter at that. "Okay! I will be the queen of hearts then," I said, wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. "That's my sister!" said Dahyun, hugging me from the side. "Okay then! Let's get the roles, guys!" said Lucas. "Ne!" I said, "Fighting!" "Fighting!" the others said.

~To be continued~

Do tell me your thoughts about being a character in 'Alice in the Wonderland'~ Thank you for reading~! I love you❤