Ep 86: Wise Girls

Nayeon's POV

I bit my inner cheek, thinking about the situation at hand. Dahyun is not at IU's, but she has been kidnapped. "Shit! Why didn't I think about this earlier?!" I groaned as I remembered the conversation I had overheard in a half-sleepy state. "So you think someone out there wants a revenge on our family?" Mina had been saying. "Unnie, I am not sure who it is, but Kai..." I had heard Y/N's voice say before I had drifted off again. She had said something about someone who wants a revenge and also something about Kim Jongin. This doesn't seem too good. I looked at the last message. I am not allowed to tell anyone...

I clenched my jaw and then walked downstairs, thinking about ways. "JIHYO!" I yelled at the top of my voice. "I am sitting right here," said Jihyo, "What happened?" "I am hungry," I said. Jihyo blinked a thousand times and then said, "So...?" "Come with me," I said. "Okay," said Jihyo, uncertainly. I clearly must look like a mad girl to her. I took her to the kitchen with me. "So, what do you want to eat?" she asked, while I ran my eyes all over the kitchen looking for something. "Aha," I said, finally spotting it. I walked over to the item, purposely pushing a container which had flour on my way. "What the-" Jihyo said, her eyes going wide as the flour fell all over the floor. I pressed a finger on my lips and then showed her the thing in my hand.

 I pressed a finger on my lips and then showed her the thing in my hand

"To-" Jihyo began but I glared at her and she shut her mouth. I had a feeling that somehow the people could hear whatever we say, but could not see us since our kitchen had no windows. I sat down on the floor and wrote in the flour which was spread all over, "D A N G E R." Jihyo stared at it for a moment with a frown on her face. "I have to go now, Jihyo," I said, in a normal voice, "Thanks for the sandwich." "No one leaves the house," I wrote in the flour at the same time. "Sana went out a few minutes ago," Jihyo blurted. "What?" I said. "She went out to buy medicines for IU," said Jihyo, "Dahyun texted her..." "Trap," I wrote in the flour and said, "I see. I will be back soon then, Jihyo." Jihyo's face went as white as the flour but I gave her a reassuring look and then walked out of the kitchen.

Jeongyeon's POV

I knew something weird was going on when Nayeon-unnie dragged Jihyo to the kitchen. It just doesn't seem normal. And then she just walked out of the house. I walked inside the kitchen and nearly swore. Jihyo was standing beside the kitchen platform with a dish of tofu in her hands and there was flour spread all over the floor. "Danger?" I read the words in the flour, "No one leaves the house? Trap?" I looked at Jihyo who was staring at the dish with a pale face. "What's going on?" I asked. "There's something odd going on," Jihyo murmured, "I don't think Dahyun is at IU's place." "What?" I said, "Then Nayeon-unnie..." And then it clicked me. "Crap! Call everyone!" I said. In a few minutes, all of us were sitting in the living room.

"Three people are missing," I said, counting the heads. "Sana-unnie, Dahyun and Y/N," said Tzuyu. "Oh no..." said Jihyo, "Y/N w-went with Jaemin, didn't she?" "Let's call her," said Mina, "I don't think she's in danger." I noticed that she didn't look very confident when she said this. "She has no phone," said Chaeyoung. "Then call Jaemin!" said Mina. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jaemin's number. He picked up after a few rings. "Hello?" he said. "Is Y/N with you?" I asked. "No, she left our house like two hours ago," said Jaemin, "Why?" "Nothing," I said, hanging up. "She's not there," I said, "Jaemin said she left their house two hours ago." "No... No! No! It can't be!" said Mina. "Do you know something, Mina?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

Mina's POV

It just can't be... Everybody looked at me when Jeongyeon asked if I knew something. I do know a few things, but should I tell them just yet? Not before I am sure it's Ryu. I shook my head, looking down. "Mina, tofu is in danger!" Jihyo spoke up suddenly, "Please don't hide it if you know something." "Dahyun?" I said, "D-Didn't she go to-" "Nayeon-unnie said it was a trap," said Jeongyeon. "That means Sana too..." began Momo. "We should do something!" said Chaeyoung at once. "Nayeon-unnie told us all to stay put," said Jeongyeon, "She said that none of us should leave this house." "That's non-sense!" said Tzuyu, "What if she doesn't return too?!" "We should follow her," said Chaeyoung, "I think the kidnappers contacted her." "No, Chaeyoung! It's not safe!" said Jihyo. "I won't be staying here when Dahyun and Sana-unnie are in trouble! Y/N too!" said Chaeyoung.

They went on arguing back and forth while my mind was stuck only on one thing- "Did Ryu really try to take revenge?" I was snapped out of my daze when my phone began ringing loudly. The living room went silent as everyone looked at me. "Pick it up," said Jeongyeon, at once, "AND put it on speaker!" I didn't want to put my phone on speaker at all, after I saw the caller ID, but the way Jeongyeon was glaring at me... I meekly said, "Hello," after doing exactly as she had ordered. "M-Mina-chan," said Ryu. I frowned. His voice sounded very... weak... Jeongyeon's face became stony when she heard it. "Ryu? What happened?" I asked. "I-I... I don't have much t-time," Ryu said, "Y-You are the o-only one who can h-help me..."

Chaeyoung opened her mouth to say something but Jihyo held up her hand for silence. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "K-Kai's g-gang has kept me in a mansion," he said, "I th-think your sister didn't like the idea of you forgiving me and she..." What kind of ridiculous story is this? "Where are you?" I asked, trying to sound as worried as I possibly can. "I will t-text you the address..." he said, "Please help me, Mina..." "Don't worry," I said, "I will rescue you." "He's coming-" said Ryu and the phone was hung up. "You surely don't believe that-" Jeongyeon began angrily, but I cut her in, "I know everything now. Hear me out."

Y/N's POV

I coughed and spluttered as I leaned against the rocky cave. "I am NEVER riding a car with you again," I said, gasping for air. Kai's face was... He looked beyond angry. I was on the other hand, more focused on breathing. I had never appreciated oxygen, but now is the good time to do it. I had nearly drowned in the sea and Kai had somehow managed to pull me out on the seashore. But before I could even breathe, he had immediately pressed something on the cliffside and pulled me inside a dark cave. I could still hear police sirens outside... Kai was on a call with someone and things seemed to be going wrong. "TODAY?!" Kai roared suddenly, "BUT-" His next words were swear words which made me want to close my ears and never open them again.

Kai spoke for some time and then hung up. "Tonight..." he muttered as he paced the cave back and forth, "How in the..." "Can I please know what's going on?" I asked. He turned to me and then said, "The auction's tonight," through gritted teeth, "Exactly midnight to be exact." I blinked. "So?" I said. "They changed their plans, Y/N!" he said, in an exasperated tone, "There has to be a reason behind it!" "Isn't it simple?" I asked, standing up, "They want you to be angry and they want you to take action in your anger so that they can defeat you?" He narrowed his eyes and said, "What are you?" "A human?" I said, "Do I sound like a pro? I have watched too many movies and dramas and don't forget all the games!" "This isn't a game!" he snapped. "Well," I said, "So much more of a reason to act wisely. Now, tell Xiaojun that all the plans you had made for tomorrow should be carried out tonight instead. I will go with you."

~To be continued~