𝘰𝘯𝘦

"There they are. The campus' famous polyamorous relationship," Haru, your best friend, explained to you, pointing to the seven males seated at a table in the far front. "Rumour has it they're incomplete," he said, causing you to raise an eyebrow. "Why's that?" you asked. "Well, although they're already a big group, there's supposed to be eight of them. They're still looking for their last soulmate," he said, and you unconsciously looked at your wrist.

You stared at the seven initials on your wrist, completely ignoring whatever your best friend was saying. "You know- Hey! You have seven initials on your wrist! What if-" you quickly put your hand over his mouth. "Shush! I don't want other people to know!" you whispered yelled.

Ever since the initials appeared on your wrist, people would keep on asking about your multiple soulmates. Calling you a slut for having seven. Asking how the relationship would work and other things that didn't concern them.

You grew tired of all the questioning that you eventually covered them up. "But what if. There are seven guys and, they're missing their last soulmate. Then there's one of you, and you're missing seven soulmates!" he said.

He had a point, but you thought it'd be useless. "Let's drop this topic, okay?" you mumbled, and he let out a laugh.

"Okay," he said, and the two of you continued talking.

.

At the table in the far front, the groups of boys you and Haru were talking about were having a conversation similar to yours.

"Do you think we'll ever find our last soulmate?" one asked, and the eldest gave him a soft smile. "Don't worry, baby, I'm sure we will," he said. "How are you so sure, Jin Hyung?" another questioned. "Have you guys forgotten, the last missing initial is grey, indicating that it's a girl," he explained.

"Still, there are so many girls on campus, heck our soulmate could be on the other side of the world for all we know," one stated, and Jin let out a sigh.

"I know Jimin, but let's not lose hope. Yes, she could be on the side of the world, or she could be in this very cafeteria, you never know," he said.

"I hope we find her soon. I don't like the fact we're all together, and she's not with us. It feels wrong," the youngest said.

"Jungkook's right. It feels like we're being unfair towards her. I hate that we're happy together without her," Jimin said, and the others appeared to agree.

This was the struggle of being in a polyamorous relationship in a world like this. A world where your partner or partners are decided by initials that appear on your wrist when you reach a certain age was tough.

Your feelings were decided and controlled by a name on your wrist.

Some would ignore simply it, and be with whomever they wanted to be with regardless of whether they were their soulmate or not.

But others would go through the pain and struggle of trying to find their soulmate, just like these seven. They could be living happily just the seven of them, but their hearts refuse to be content without their last soulmate.  

—————————————————

a/n: first chapter, sorry for keeping this story on hold, i'm finally ready to write it!

word count - 539