𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

"And... what do you guys think? I'm the best stylist, aren't I?" Haru asked as you awkwardly stood in front of the boys.

Once you decided you had packed enough for one day, Haru decided to make you model the clothes he picked out for you to wear for the evening.

"So this is option one. I heard the attire for The Golden Bakery is semi-formal. I thought this cute top and white pants would totally work," Haru said, eyeing you up and down.

"Are we sure this guy majors in criminology?" Yoongi asked, looking at your best friend. "Right? I would've guessed he was a fashion major or something like that," Namjoon muttered.

"I like it! And it looks like it'll match what I'm planning on wearing," Hoseok smiled.

"Omg. Matching clothes? That's kinda cute," Haru said. "Are you all going to somewhat match?"

"Is that even going to be possible? The people who wear matching clothes are usually couples. We're a couple... we're a... squad." Jungkook said, not sure what to call your relationship.

"A squad? Pft-" Haru laughed. "Eight or not, you guys can match. Go with some colour coordinated fits or something."

"We could do that... but I think it's a bit cringe," Yoongi sighed. "I never understood why couples do things like that."

"Well, I think it's cute! And couples do that to show people they're a couple. I wouldn't mind showing off my partners like that," Jimin told him. "But... we're going to look like a group of friends with a dress code," Yoongi protested. "It's like one of the all-white events or something."

"So you want us to look like a romantic polyamorous relationship?" Namjoon asked, raising a brow. "And not a group of friends with a dress code?"

"That's not what I meant it, gosh. It's just going to look a bit odd, you know?" Yoongi groaned. "You know, what. Never mind."

"Do y'all do this often?" Haru asked, and you simply shrugged. "I guess? But at the same time... no?"

Your friend only nodded. "Okay... I'm just going to go with y/n and see the second option. Keep your thoughts on this one, and then you can make your decision after seeing the second one."

Haru grabbed your hand and walked out the door before your soulmates could say anything.

"Wait... why is he going to the bathroom with her?" Jimin asked. "Wait-"

.

"Haru?" You asked in confusion as your best friend closed the bathroom door. "I thought you'd hand me the outfit and wait outside."

"This is the only chance I can really talk to you alone. I'll walk out when you're changing, but we need to talk," Haru sighed.

"Talk? Talk about what?"

"What the hell did I walk into? Were you guys having a serious conversation before I walked in?" Haru asked. "Did they ask why you don't like accepting help and stuff like that?"

When you didn't respond... Haru knew they did.

"I'm guessing you didn't tell them," he sighed. "I'm sure they know that there's a reason why you're like this. They might not ask you any more questions to respect you... but I know they won't stop thinking about it."

"I don't get it... it's not that big of a deal," you groaned, closing the toilet lid and taking a seat. "Okay, I struggle to ask for help, but it's not that big of a deal. I just prefer doing things on my own."

"You and I both know that's not the case," Haru sighed. "If you don't want to tell, that's okay. And if they ask me anything, I'll tell them I don't know."

"Thanks..." you muttered. "But, hey! I've been able to ask for help now! I recently asked Eunwoo to help with the set for my mom," you told him. "It's just certain things... I prefer to do it on my own."

"That's good," Haru smiled before handing you the second outfit. "Change into this. Come out when you're done, babe."

You watched as your best friend walked out of the bathroom before sighing loudly.

"It's nothing big." You told yourself, looking at your reflection in the mirror. "I don't get why everyone is making it seem like a big deal."

"Mommy... can you please help me?" You asked your mother, placing the worksheet on her desk. "I don't really understand."

"Sure, sweetheart. Come sit on my lap, and then we can work on it together," your mother said, lifting you up and putting you in her lap. "So... what's confusing you?"

You pointed out the questions that confused you, and your mother happily helped you through each one.

"Wasn't so hard, was it?" Your mother asked, and you nodded. "Thank you, Mommy."

...

"Mom... I need help with an assignment," you told your mother, placing the assignment on her desk. "I don't really understand."

"I'm busy, y/n. Why don't you ask your dad?" She said, not bothering to glance at you. "Okay," you smiled before leaving and going to ask your father.

"Dad, can you please help me with an assignment?" You asked your father, walking into his study.

"Let me see," he said, taking the paper from you. His eyes skimmed the assignment before letting out a sigh.

"Did your teacher not explain this too? You should know this," your father frowned. "Did you read?"

"I did. I read it over and over, but... I don't understand. I tried to remember what the teacher said... nothing I remember is going to help with this," you told him. "Well, you must read it again. This is something you should be able to do easily. If you still can't... ask your mother," your father sighed, tossing the paper aside.

You let out a sigh as you closed the door to his study. "I can't ask mom because she's busy."

And it went on like that.

"You should know this."

"Do you read your work?"

"Why can't you understand? It's simple."

"I really don't have time for this, y/n."

"You really should know this."

"Just google."

At first, it was just your father, but then your mother slowly began acting the same.

You stopped asking for help because you realised it was better to be confused than told the same thing over and over. At first, you stopped asking for help with academics, but then you found yourself not asking for help with anything at all.

"I should be able to do this," you'd tell yourself. "I should know this...."

"It shouldn't be that hard..." you'd say.

"But it was hard," you sighed, wiping the tear that rolled down your cheek.

You were reminded of the nights you spent crying over work you couldn't understand. No matter how hard you tried... nothing made sense.

There were so many times where you wanted to ask for some sort of assistance... but you couldn't. You were scared to. 

"Stop thinking about the past, y/n. You're an adult now," you chuckled at yourself. You looked at the folded clothes in your hands with a small smile.

"Let's put this on and see what our soulmates and friend think."