𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

"Is there a problem with me calling him baby?" You asked Sohee. Jimin looked at you with wide eyes while a pink tint spread across his cheeks.

"N-no, I'm just surprised. You've been just calling each other by each other's names, so I didn't expect you two to have that kind of relationship." She said, shitting in her seat.

"Oh, what kind of relationship did you think we had?" You asked, resting your chin in the palm of your hand as you took a sip of your frappe.

'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, why does she look so hot?'

"I-I thought you two were just friends. Something like best friends," she said, scratching her nape. "Best friends?" You asked, and she slowly nodded.

"Actually, Sohee. y/n's my soulmate. She's one of my soulmates."

A shy smile grew on Jimin's face. It felt nice to tell someone that you were his soulmate.

"Mhm, that's right, Minnie. Let's not forget you're one of my boyfriends too."

He couldn't help but turn red. This was the first time you had called him something other than Jimin. The first time you called him baby. And the first time you called him Minnie.

"O-oh, you two are soulmates?"

"Yup. Speaking of soulmates, have you found yours yet?" You asked, and Sohee shook her head.

"I haven't, but I'm not really a fan of the soulmate system, you know. I want to choose someone because I chose them, not because the universe did."

"Ah, I see. My roommate Chaewon thinks the same. I honestly think you two could be good friends," you said, giving her a smile. She only nodded before taking a sip of her iced coffee.

"Oh my gosh! I almost forgot I need to work on my painting assignment," you suddenly said as you began to pack your books.

"Painting?" Jimin asked, and you nodded. "I need to finish these paintings before I decide to continue with my sculpture. I think I've put that big project aside for too long."

"Oh, uh, my classes for the day are done. Where can I find you? Just in case I wanna stop by and see you?" He asked as he helped you pack your things.

"Probably the art hall. The same one where we had our first interaction," you told him, and he nodded. You picked up your frappe and threw your backpack over your shoulder. "Uh, it was nice meeting you, Sohee. I'd stay longer, but I have things to do," you said, giving her a small smile.

"Oh, it was nice meeting you too, y/n."

"I'll see you later, baby," you told Jimin before leaning down to give him a quick kiss on his lips. His eyes widened before they fluttered shut.

You pulled away with a smile on your face. "Bye, I love you~" you sang before walking away.

Jimin watched you with slightly wide eyes. His heart was beating in his chest as he realised what you had said. 'She said I love you...'

You turned back at Jimin's table for a second before you mentally cursed at yourself. Nervously biting your bottom lip as you turned back to your phone as you waited for your best friend to answer the call.

"What the fuck do you want?" He asked. "I called Jimin by his nickname, and I just told him that I loved him!"

.

"So you understand your part, right?" Jimin asked as he packed up his books and Sohee nodded. "Yup. When's the next time we can meet?"

"We'll see. There's still quite some time before submission, so we don't need to meet up often. Unless you'd like to get this over and done."

"It's okay. I don't want to rush our work. I have a couple tests I missed to write next week, so I won't have time to meet up then."

Jimin nodded as he closed his backpack and swung it over his shoulder. "Well, I gotta go. I need to meet up with one of my boyfriends."

"Boyfriends?" She asked, and Jimin nodded before lifting his sleeve to reveal his wrist. "I have seven soulmates."

"Oh! That's why you and y/n kept saying one of when you referred to soulmates. That's so cool!" Sohee exclaimed as she looked at his wrist.

"Yeah, it is," he said, smiling as he stared at his wrist.

"My lecture starts in ten, so I gotta bounce. Can I get your number before I leave? So we can communicate?" The girl asked, extending her hand, which held her phone.

"Uh, sure."

.

"I'm home!" Jimin lazily called as he closed the door behind him.

The male let out a soft sigh as he took off his shoes before walking towards the living room.

"Hey Minnie, how was your day?" Namjoon asked as he took a seat on the sofa, sitting next to Taehyung.

"A roller coaster full of emotions."

This caused all of his boyfriends to turn to him with frowns on their faces. "Why?" Hoseok asked, getting up from his position before walking up to the younger male.

"I-I stress danced this morning."

"Why? What's wrong?" Jin asked, genuinely growing worried as tears weld in Jimin's eyes.

'Stress dancing' was Jimin's way of relieving himself of his worries. When he was confused, worried, or, well, stressed, he would dance his heart out.

"I was thinking about how I feel towards y/n. Whether my feelings towards her were strong enough to be described as love. You know, because I don't really think dirty when I dance," he explained. Jimin let out a sigh as he looked up at the ceiling, trying to prevent his tears from falling.

"I was with my partner from my Bio assignment, and I asked her to join us when I was literally begging I wouldn't see her today. I really didn't want to see her because I wanted time to collect my thoughts without being near her or something like that."

The boys silently listened to Jimin with sad expressions on their faces. It was often they'd see him like this. It hurt to see their bright and cheerful soulmate like this.

"So... when she came back from bringing Sohee, my partner, and I some coffee, y/n called me baby. And then when I told Sohee we were soulmates, she called me Minnie, too." A small smile grew on Jimin's face as he remembered how warm he suddenly felt.

"I'm so happy for you, Jiminie! You've been wanting y/n to call you by a nickname for a while now." Taehyung said, and Jimin only nodded.

"Yeah! But wait, if she called you baby and Minnie, then why do you look so... down?" Yoongi asked.

"S-She told me she loved me before she left to do some work. y-y/n said I-I love you," Jimin lowered his head as tears began to roll down his cheeks.

"Oh, Jimin," Hoseok mumbled before pulling his soulmate into his embrace.

"Hyung, y/n told me she loves me, and my dumb ass didn't say it back," he said as he cried into his soulmate's shoulder.

Namjoon got up and moved to stand behind Jimin. "You know you didn't have to say it if you weren't ready. If you're worried about how y/n must've been feeling, I'm sure she wasn't affected," He said, rubbing his boyfriend's back.

"I realised I was ready, hyung. I wanted to say it. To tell y/n I loved her back, but I didn't."

Jimin wanted to say it then, in front of Sohee. To let both you and her know that he loved you. It didn't have to be her. He just needed someone outside of your relationship to know. But when he tried to, his words got stuck in his throat, and he just couldn't seem to talk.

"When did feelings become so difficult?"