Chapter 1

*Jay's POV*

"Get down!" Mouse yelled and a second later I was under fire.
"Jay!" Mouse came running towards me.
"I'm good. I'm good." I ducked back just in time.
"We need to get out of here." I looked around. We hadn't made the way back to the camp last night and had apparently slept in a kind of valley basin. Here, of course, we were simple targets.
"I agree with you." Mouse nodded.

My alarm clock rang and I woke up, looked around and realized that I was not in the army but in my bed.
Damn it. I looked at my clock and relaised it was already seven am.
Today was my first day at Intellegence and I was supposed to be there now.
I grabbed some stuff and ran down to my car.
"Jay Halstead?" A blonde woman leaned casually against the wall next to the front door.
"Yes." I wasn't sure who she was.
"Hi. I'm detective Erin Lindsay. Your new partner." She introduced herself and I was a bit flashed by how beautiful she was.
"I know it's your first day here, but if you don't want to come later than you already are, then we should go now. The rest of the team is already on the scene." She smirked and walked towards a car that apparently was hers.

*Erin's POV*

So I got a new partner. I expected him to be a bit more punctual because it was his first day and I had imagined that Intelligence couldn't be kept waiting, but he must have had other priorities.
"So what's your deal? Why Intellegence?" I asked him because the silence was a bit awkward.
"I heard they are the best." He said and looked at me.
"And that's why you think you fit in here? Because you think that you are the best?" I raised an eyebrow.
"That's not what I ment. I just heard that you guys are really good at what you are doing and that I could learn alot here." He tried to find an explanation and blushed a little.
"I'm just messing with you. I'm sure you will fit in." I liked him.
"Is everyone here like that?" Now it was his time to raise an eyebrow.
"Yes. I think that's the only way you can do this job. A tip, you mustn't give too much feeling to the cases. Otherwise you won't last long here." I gave him an advise that nobody gave me and I had to learn the hard way.
"I'll try." I parked the car and we walked to the rest of the unit.
"Nice that you two finally made it here. This is detecitve Jay Halstead. If he does a good job, he will work for us from now on." He introduced Jay to everyone and than we started working.
"Then again for both of you." Antonio was bent over a girl.
"This is Jessica Wand. She was found by the lady over there. I think we are sure that she died because she swallowed drugs for someone who wanted her." He pulled the covers down a bit, revealing a deep cut on the stomach.
Jay next to me swallowed and when I looked at him I saw that his face was white as a sheet.
"You're alright?" I was a bit concerned.
"It's fine. Not the first time I've seen a wounded person." He pulled himself together and did not look away.
"All right, then talk to your CI's and ask around who is selling drugs here." Voight ordered and we went on our way.
"Just wait in the car for me." I got out and walked over to the alley I wanted to meet my CI.
"Hey Max." He pulled his hood down.
"So what do you want today?" He looked around.
"Nobody followed me, okay? Chill. We just found a girl who had swallowed drugs and they have just been fetched. Who does that around here?" I looked at him and as he didn't answer me I pulled out some money.
"Ya know. Down the street house number 56. You will find it there." He grabbed the money.
"Do you maybe got a name?" I looked at him and he was waiting till I gave him a bit more money.
"Maybe a bit more?" He smiled at me.
"Just take what I just gave you and be happy that I don't arrest you. Now give me a name." I didn't feel like him playing around here.
"Alright. Alright. Name's Maurice. I don't know a last name." He pulled his hood back up and walked away.
"Did you just pay him?" Jay looked a bit shocked.
"Yes. I did. But it worked and he gave me a name." I shrugged my shoulders.