Chapter 65

*Jay's POV*

Erin was laying in my arms and was sleeping peacefully, but suddenly she groaned and woke up.
"Something is not right." She looked at me with tears in her eyes and grabbed my hand and squeezed it when it started to hurt more.
"I need some help in here!" I yelled and first was worried that nobody had heard me but then a doctor and a nurse came running in.
"She's in alot of pain." I explained for Erin because she was just wimpering in pain and the look she gave me let me frighten.
When the doctor lifted the blanket everything was covered in blood.
"Something must have opened up. She has internal bleeding." The doctor looked worried and immediately ordered an emergency surgery.
I carefully got out of bed, which wasn't that easy because Erin wouldn't let go of me.
"It's gonna be alright. You got this, okay?" I kissed Erin's head and then she was brought away.
When I looked down at myself I saw that my whole pants were covered in blood but I didn't care because I was too worried for Erin.
The adrenaline was slowly running out of my body and I had to really realize what had just happened.
My wife was in danger again and I had no way to help her.
So if she would die during this operation I couldn't be there with her.
That thought scared me so much that I simply passed out.

"Jay?" Someone was shaking my shoulder and when I looked up I saw my brothers face.
"What happened?" He looked concerned and it took me a while to understand that he couldn't have known that it wasn't my blood.
"It's Erin." I sat up and started shaking because I still couldn't handle the thought of losing her.
"Jay what is with Erin?" Apparently Will wasn't informed about what had happened to her.
"Something had opened up and they brought her away to a surgery because she had internal bleeding. Will can't you call there and ask how she is doing? I can't stand losing her." I had my hand on his arm and my grip was a little tighter than intended.
"I can't just call there for private matters." He said and I let go of his arm.
"Don't you think you owe us that? Didn't Erin have to suffer more than necessary because of you anyway?" I still hadn't forgiven him.
"Fine." He got out his phone.
"This is doctor Will Halstead I'm calling to check on Erin Lindsay." After that there was brief silence.
"Alright. Thank you." He hung up.
"They're just finishing up. She got through everything well and should be back within the next half hour.

*Erin's POV*

When I woke up Jay was by my side.
"What happened?" I could only remember to be in tremendous pain.
"Something had opened up and caused internal bleeding. But now you're fine." I didn't overhear the slight trembling in Jay's voice.
"I'm fine, okay? I don't have any pain. You can stop worrying now." I leaned a bit closer to him and kissed him because it felt like a eternity since I did it the last time.
"I'm never gonna stop worrying about you." He cut me a smile even when I knew that he wasn't feeling like smiling.
"I appreciate your concern but I'm fine. Okay? And I won't do anything stupid so that it changes. I promise." I put my arms around him.
"I'm gonna try to worry less." He smirked and kissed me again.
"Don't you have to be with Niran? I can handle laying in bed on my own." I said and I saw the he was thinking about something.
"Burgess is with him." He then said.
"Seriously Jay. Please go and be with him. I would feel better if I knew that you are a bit sidetracked." I said and he nodded.
"Call me if anything changes." Jay looked at me before closing the door.
The only reason I wanted Jay to be gone was because I realize I couldn't hide my grief over the loss any longer.
So I waited a little longer until his footsteps had moved away, then curled up and cried because it was only now that I was slowly realizing that I had really lost my daughter.