Chapter 4

*Jay's POV*

"Did someone ever tell you that you are really hot?" Erin had drunk a little too much and was swaying.
"C'mon. I'm gonna take you home." I grabbed her arm and led her to my car.
"I'll drive." She walked towards the driverside.
"No. You're not. You are drunk." I put her in the passenger seat and when I buckled her up she kissed me.
"Don't do that. You are drunk." I tried to break away from her.
"I'm not too drunk to kiss you." She bit her lower lip.
I ignored what she just said and drove her home.

*Erin's POV*

I wasn't quite as drunk as I pretended to be. But I had drunk my courage.
But obviously my acting skills had been a little too convincing, or Kim had got the wrong impression.
"Do you want to come up with me?" I looked him in the eye and tried to be convincing.
"Erin. I really don't want to be unpolite but I can't. You are drunk and will regret it tomorrow." He dropped me off and and than drove away.
I walked up to my apartment and layed down in my bed and thought about the fact that I messed up the whole night for both of us.
From the way he reacted, I thought he wasn't entirely averse. Or maybe I just made it up because I wanted it to be.

"Do you got a second?" The next morning when I walked into the district Jay was waiting for me already.
I followed him into the changing room.
He pressed me against the wall and kissed me. Not for quite as long as I wanted it to last and than he pulled away.
"I'm sorry. I thought you felt the same." He wanted to walk away.
"Jay." I grabbed his arm und pulled him back to me. This time my lips found his.
When we heard footsteps we fell apart.
"Good morning detectives." A patrolman walked in.
"Morning." I looked at Jay and needed to pull myself together so I didn't burst out laughing.
The patrolman didn't seem to leave anytime soon so we left.
Because I couldn't tell him I texted him.

I do feel the same as you do and I ment the kiss last night.

I waited a few moments till he looked at the message and a smile appeared on his face. But he was smart enough to avoid looking at me since Kim was already giving me a weird look.
She grabbed my arm and dragged me to the break room.
"Did you sleep with him?" She grinned.
"No. We are just partners!" I put on a serious tone.
"Partners with benefits?" She looked at me conspiratorially.
"No." I hated it to lie to my friend.
"2113 Squad. Requesting backup."
"5021 George I'm responding. Erin!" Jay answered the call.
"Safed by the radio." I chuckled.
"I'm so free and let you drive to celebrate the day." I threw the keys over to him.
"So where do we have to go?" I was a bit confused because he didn't put on the sirens.
"Nowhere acually. I changed the frequency and a friend spoke for me." He grinned.
"Smart boy, huh?" I looked at him and smiled.
"And what were you considering to do with the time?" I cocked my head.
"Considering that we have about a half hour till we need to be back at the district and given the circumstances that I don't live far away we could go to my place quickly. What did Burgess call it; Partners with benefits?" He looked at me in love.
"I'd love that." I nodded and he parked the car because we arrived at his apartment already.

*Jay's POV*

Erin stood between me and the wall.
"But we really don't have much time." She smiled at me but I just tried to make most of the time and kissed her thoroughly.
She took off my shirt and I took hers off too.
"You are like really hot. You know that?" I breathed intermittently.
She blushed a bit and just kissed me.
I picked her up and carried her to my bed, where I dropped her on it.

"This is so much better than work." She was laying next to me, smiling.
"Ouh definitely. Especially because of you." I was just about to roll on her again as my alarm went off.
"We gotta go get dressed and than back to the district." Erin sighed and gave me a last kiss.
I handed her a hairbrush because her otherwise perfectly styled hair got a little messed up.
"If someone asked. I fell into a bush." She looked at me seriously and I had to pull myself together not to laugh because she clearly hadn't fallen into a bush.
"Of course. And if someone asks we're just partners." We agreed on keeping us a secret.