Chapter 58

*Erin's POV*

"You guys have been married for five month now and you haven't knocked her up again? Need some help, buddy?" Those were the first sentences I heard from Antonio as I came up the stairs.
"Are you interfering in our private life again?" I joined the two guys.
"Just curious about another baby from you two." Antonio raised his hands defensively.
"I'll tell you how it is, we are not with a lack of trying." I smirked at Jay and he gave me a kiss.
Antonio nodded to us and then went back to his desk.
"He's not wring tho. Maybe we should try harder." I knew what Jay was thinking and he confirmed it to me by taking my hand and bringing me out of the bullepen.
"While you guys have been busy we caught a case. So would you two mind to go to this adress and talk to the people there?" Antonio grinned and handed me a note.
"Course." I grabbed the note and read it while walking to Jay's PickUp.
"Cut the smile when we go there, okay? She just lost her son." I looked over at Jay and his face immediately turned serious.
Mrs Smith?" I had knocked at the door and a women with teary eyes opened.
"Yes?" She looked at us.
"Chicago Police. Detective Halstead and Lindsay." Jay introduced us.
"Ouh. Okay. I was waiting for you." She stepped aside and we closed the door being us.
"I'm sorry for the mess. It just..." she started crying again and Jay and I just stood there around a bit awkwardly because we just didn't know what to say.
"We're not here to look around how clean your home is. Just to ask some questions." I tried to smile at her so she could maybe relax a bit and it seemed to work.
"So tell us a bit about Jonas." When Jay asked this I saw the tears welling up in her eyes again but she didn't let them out.
"He was great. He had a girlfriend. Straight A's in school and wasn't smoking or drinking." We nodded and I wrote it down.
"I just can't believe he's gone. I didn't even have time to say goodbye." She buried her face in the handkerchief again.
"Can I ask you something?" She looked up at us and I nodded.
"Did you ever loose a child or have children?" She asked and the feelings came up immediately.
Jay knew how I was feeling and so he grabbed my hand.
"Both. My first pregnancy didn't go as planned. But now we are having a son." Jay squeezed my hand in confirmation.
"You deserve it." She smiled at us and then we left because we got all the

*Jay's POV*

When I looked at Erin I could tell that she was about to cry.
"Babe." I made her focus on me.
"We got a healthy son now. He's okay and always will be, okay?" She nodded and wiped the single tears away that escaped her eyes.
"But is it really right to bring another child into this world? I'm not pregnant yet so maybe we should stop trying." Erin started talking again when we were just outside the district.
"To be honest I really want another child with you. But if you don't want it, then I'm not pushing you to do it, and I'm not angry either. Your body, your decision." I took her in my arms.
"I really haven't done anything in my life to deserve you." Erin kissed me and we walked inside the district.