Chapter 74

*Erin's POV*

"Jay! We got a call and need to go there ASAP!" Jay was still in the bathroom but when I called for him he came out.
"Alright then let's go." As usual I got a kiss before we heeded to work.
When we turned into the street indicated, I had to brake suddenly, otherwise I would have driven into the crowd.
"Chicago PD! Give us some space, people!" Getting through with the car was out of the question, so we got out and tried to make our way through the people.
"Hank!" I spotted him a few people in front of us.
"There you are. I need you to talk this girl down, Erin." When I looked up the huge building I saw a girl sitting on the edge of a window sill.
"Sure." I immediately ran inside so I could be a bit closer to her because the attempts of a patrol officer to yell something up didn't seem to bother the girl.
"Just tell me real quick what I'm dealing with here." I spoke quitly over my radio while walking up the stairs.
"Her name is Vanessa Richardson. Her parents are both popular lawyers and she has to deal with alot of hate because of what her parents are doing." Hank informed me.
"Alright. Copy that. I keep my radio open." I waited for Hank to answer and then opened the door to the girls room.
"Vanessa?" She turned around quickly and looked into my eyes.
"Who are you?" Vanessa pressed her back against the wall.
"I'm Erin." I smiled at her briefly.
"You're a cop. It doesn't matter to you if I die here. You probably just got orders to talk to me. To calm me down or whatever. But that ain't working. Not this time." It worried me that her voice sounded so relaxed, and it didn't seem like the first time she'd tried something like this.
"Maybe someone informed me that you're here. But I came up here to talk with you alone and not because someone told me to. But I can't talk here with you if you're sitting over there. Don't you want to come here? Your chairs look really comfy." I pointed at the two blue chairs next to the wardrobe.
"No. As soon as I'll step away from here you'll tackle me and then I'm going to the psych ward. I'm not a psychopath. I've been fighting for a long time but I'm tired. I'm tired of never feeling good enough because everyday in school they bully me for what my parents are doing. I'm tired of not being anyones first choice because everyone is scared they're getting bullied aswell if they're friends with me. I'm tired of waking up to the same thing everyday. Can you imagine what it is like being afraid of what they'll do to you next?" A few tears were running down her face.
"Jump already!" Someone from down at the street yelled but only once because I was sure someone took care of the person.
"But this isn't the way to stop it." I could tell out of experience that the only way to deal with it is either ignoring or maybe go to another school.
"It's easy for you to say that. You are sure to be successful in your job. You are married, probably have children and your life is perfect." Her lower lip was trembling and she looked down more often because there were now more calls for her to jump.
"My life isn't perfect. My mom was a drug addict. So I manged my life on my own what wasn't really successful. Maybe then I got help but I also had setbacks in my further life. I had two miscarriages and I'm still dealing with it. So don't think my life is perfect. No ones life is. Some are just pretending that it is." Vanessa slowly started to come towards me.
"If it won't stop we're gonna be at this same exact point next week again." She said but wiped her tears away.
"If they bully you again just call me." I gave her one of my cards.
She nodded and then some paramedics and her parents came in to take care of her.
I was breathing heavily because the situation had been quite hard and it took me a moment to calm down.
A few moments later Jay came in and tested thing he did was mentioning me to close my radio.
"You did good." Jay took me in his arms and I put my head on his chest.
"I really thought she would jump at one point." I cocked my head so I could look up to him.
"It looked to me that way aswell. Both of you couldn't see it but even if she would have jumped CFD had already set up a jumping mat down here. Nothing wound have happened." I nodded and then we walked back down to the others.