Chapter 16

*Erin's POV*

I was quite exited going to work today because I wanted to announce my pregnancy. But I also had a bad feeling because Hank still hadn't really commented on it.
"Ready?" I nodded and Jay buzzed us up.
"Alright everyone. Could I get your attention for a second?" We were late and everyone else was already sitting in the bullpen.
Everyone looked at me and I knew there was no going back.
"I'm pregnant." Jay grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I looked up to him and he smiled down to me.
"I'm proud of you, Erin." Voight was the first to say something and I was incredibly happy about it.
"You and Jay are gonna be great parents." He walked up to me and gave me a hug.
"Thank you." I actually had tears in my eyes and Hank looked at me and even gave me a small smile.
"That is so great girl." Hailey hugged me aswell.
"Did get her pregnant right away, huh? Damn man." As always, Antonio had something in store.
"It's not like it's just me, she helped." Jay defendet himself and I blushed a bit.
"So you liked it, did you?" Adam raised an eyebrow and I felt my face turn red.
"Alright. That's enough. This is not a coffee gossip here, but a workplace, so work." Hank helped me out of the situation and I was really glad he did.
"So now did you like it or not?" Kim leaned over my shoulder from behind as I sat at the desk.
"Oh my gosh. Shut up and get away." I hit her lightly with a file and she trudged off.
"So you did like it!" She yelled from across the room.
"Oh come on, leave her alone." Jay joined the conversation.
"Uh. Someone got a personal protector. Am I going to be protected when I sleep with you aswell?" Kevin bit his lower lip.
"You guys are such jerks." I rolled my eyes but needed to chuckle.
"Okay. So could you please cut the gossip? We have to roll." Voight walked down the stairs and we followed him.
"So what do we got." We had arrived at the crimescene.
"It's a women, early twenties, likely OD." Hailey knelt over the woman and you could see the puncture holes in the crook of her arm.
"Alright. Get her to forensics and look around. Maybe you can find someone that saw something." Voight made his way back to the car.
I looked through the crowd held back by a couple of patrol officers and saw a young women that stood out a bit.
"Be right back." I touched Jay's arm and walked over to her.
"Excuse me? I'm detective Erin Lindsay, Intellegence. Do you know her?" I took her aside to be able to talk to her in peace.
"That's Milly. She is..." She swallowed, then corrected herself "she was my sister." Tears ran down her face and I handed her a handkerchief.
"Thank you." She took it and wiped her tears away.
"I know how hard this must be right now. But can you maybe tell me if there is a possibility that..." she interrupted me.
"That she's dealing drugs? Yes. It's her boyfriend." I was a little surprised by the direct answer, but I took everything she had to tell me.
"Do you know the name of the boyfriend?" She shook her head.
"No. She tried to avoid that the two of us had contact because she knew that he was dangerous. But I got a picture." She took out her phone and showed me a pic of a tall bearded man.
I took a photo of the picture and walked back towards the rest of the unit.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw exactly the man I just saw in the picture.
"Jay." I just carried on normally, since only I knew about the man so far.
"Don't look but over there is a tall man, red beard. He's the boyfriend of our victim and her sister over there claims that he is responsible for her dead. So if you could maybe walk up on him and I come from behind in case he runs?" I explained my plan to Jay and he nodded.
He gave me a few moments before he started to walk towards our man.
"Excuse me? Sir?" As soon as our suspect noticed that Jay was talking to him, he turned around and ran into my arms.
He immediately recognised me as police and pulled a knife.
I had never considered the fact that he was armed and so he just took his knife to my throught and held me like a shield as Jay drew his gun.
"Guys I need help over here." Jay radioed and a few moments later we were surrounded by the other members of the unit.
"If you take one more step forward she's dead." The knife cut my skin slightly and I felt a drop of blood run down my throat.
"Put the knife down." Jay continued to walk towards us.
"I said stop walking!" The man I still didn't know a name of was getting louder and more nervous.
"Let her go and I stop walking." Jay was totally fixated on him.
"You are in no position to make demands." He pressed the blade even closer to my throught and you could clearly see that I was feeling very uncomfortable, because Jay came even closer, which didn't necessarily make my hostage-taker calmer.
"You neither. Drop the knife." In response, I only got the knife pressed closer to my skin, which already left a noticeable cut. I saw something change on Jay's face.
"Jay no!" While I was still screaming he shot and suddenly I was standing there alone.
I didn't really relaise what just happened, I only felt that I had blood spatter on my face and stumbled towards Jay, who immediately took me protectively in his arms.
"I need a medic over here!" He yelled for someone and a few moments later a women showed up.
"It's just a superficial cut, all good." The medic assured and you could tell that Jay calmed down.
I turned around and looked down but just saw that they zipped the bag up and carried him away.
"He's gone. You're okay, alright?" He put his jacket on me and took me home.