Chapter 51

*Erin's POV*

We had Niran with us for a week now and my love for him grew more and more and it didn't matter if he didn't let me sleep for just an hour.
"Have a nice night, sweetheart." I put Niran in his bed and then went to Jay in the living room, where I first let myself fall into his arms.
"I can't believe we really have a son." Sometimes I was still frightened when the baby suddenly started crying because I was not used to it and couldn't realize that we really had a child.
"Yeah. Sometimes it's hard to believe." Jay leaned down and kissed me.
"Would you still have taken me if I hadn't gotten pregnant or had another miscarriage?" The question had been floating around in my head for a long time, but I didn't ask because I was scared of the answer I would get.
"Of course I would have taken you. I'd always take you no matter what." Jay grabbed my shoulders and looked a little shocked.
"Okay." I blushed a bit.
"Seriously Erin. I love you with or without children." He pulled me close and I put my head on his chest.

*Jay's POV*

I hadn't known Erin had such thoughts at all and I felt bad that I had apparently made her feel that way.
Niran decided that he had slept enough after an hour and started screaming.
"I'll get him." I quickly covered Erin because she looked really tired and then went to look after our son.
"Hey buddy. Guess you're the only one here without a lack of sleep." I lifted him out of bed and changed his diaper.
"Wanna go and see mommy?" Of course he didn't answer me so I just took him with me.
Erin was sound asleep and so I sat down next to her and layed Niran down on my legs.
Since Niran seemed bored, I started a little game with him. I always covered my eyes briefly and then took my hands away, which made him laugh every time.
"You guys having fun?" Erin straightened up slowly and smiled at her son, who immediately turned to her.
"There you go, bud." I put him over to Erin, who immediately wrapped her arms around him protectively.
The sight of Erin had always put a smile on my face, but now that she was holding Niran in her arms, she looked even prettier than before.
"Being a mother suits you." Erin looked at me in amazement.
"Thank you." She smiled shyly and didn't seem to know what to say.

The next morning I woke up the bed next to me was empty but I would hear Erin talking to Niran so I got out of bed and walked over to his room.
"Morning." I leaned against the door frame and cocked my head.
"Morning. Well, you sleep like a stone, don't you?" She gave me a crooked smile and Erin came up to me after putting Niran back in his bed.
"Have you been awake for a while or what?" I took her in my arms and kissed her tenderly until I noticed that she was relaxing a bit.
"Since 2am. Niran has a stomachache or something." Erin closed the door quietly behind her and we went into the kitchen.
"Guess then I'll call Voight and tell him that I won't make it today." Voight had given me a week in which I didn't have to come to the district so that we could settle in and sort things out first.
"No. It's fine. Go ahead and tell them I can't wait to be there again." Erin kissed me goodbye and I left to get to my car.
"Hey daddy." Adam smirked at me when I walked up the stairs to the bullpen.
"Hey 'I-can't-knock-my-girlfriend-up'." I teased him because I knew he and Kim wanted a child too.
I had silenced him right away.
"Guys c'mon we got a call of shots fired." Kevin just came up the stairs to tell us that we needed to go.
This time it felt different to breach into the house. It wasn't like I was scared of going in or getting hurt. It was more the feeling that I now had a son and that I was afraid not to see him again.
"What are you waiting for?" Voight was standing behind me.
After I looked back at him I kicked in the door.
"Chicago PD!" I yelled and saw movement at the wall.