Chapter 42

*Jay's POV*
-2 weeks later-

It was early in the morning when I heard a knock at my door.
"Be right there." I quickly pulled on a pair of pants.
"Erin?" She stood before me with tearful eyes.
"Can I come in?" Of course I let her in.
"What's going on?" I looked at her sympathetically.
"Jay I'm... I'm..." The tears began to run again.
"It's alright. Take your time." I put my arms around her and held her until she stopped crying.
"Jay I'm pregnant." She looked up to me.
"From the night when we...?" She nodded.
"Ouh." I had to think about that for a moment.
"I just wanted you to know. " Erin pulled away and wanted to leave.
"You're not leaving now. Please. Hear me out." I looked at her pleadingly and she turned back to me.
"I told you when we broke up that I would always be there for you and I mean it. So if you want me to be more than just your partner in your life again, I'll do it, but if you want me only as a partner then do I'll do that. I do what ever you want." She had grabbed my hand.
"It really means a lot to me that you tell me that. And yes, I would like you to be more than just my partner. But you really need to be aware that having a child will change your entire life. And I don't want you to do it because you think you owe it to me because you made me pregnant." Erin was still looking into my eyes.
"I do it because I love you with my entire heart. I always did and will forever." I leaned down to her and kissed her tenderly

*Erin's POV*

I didn't expect Jay to react like this but I was more than relieved that he reacted the way he did.
"You'd been pregnant once already and I wanted you and then child back then. Erin I still want to have a family with you. And I know that a child will change alot of things but I'm ready for that because I know that we're gonna do it together." Jay kissed me again and I enjoyed his touch.
"Do you still have a thing for pancakes as breakfast?" He asked and I nodded.
"Then I'll make some for you. I don't want the first thing to be making you starve as your boyfriend." Jay smirked.
"Sounds good to me." A smile spread across my face that I had Jay back and that I could just watch him without having to hide it.
"Here you go." A few minutes later he put a plate of pancakes in front of me.
"Thanks. Smells delicious." When I was about to start eating my cell phone rang.
I answered and it was Hank who said we had a new crime scene.
"But don't risk anything." Jay looked at me a little worried after I told him we had to leave.
"It's not like someone is instantly trying to kill me." But I had to agree with him that it was a bit more dangerous now I was pregnant. So I put on a vest and a thick jacket over it so that no one could see it directly.
"Nice you guys decided to join us aswell." Antonio walked towards us when we arrived.
"Don't complain, we're here now." I rolled my eyes at him.
"Alright. Could you guys go over there and talk to the girl? She was able to save herself from her kidnapper, but her sister couldn't." We all looked at the covered body.
"Hey. Can we talk to you?" We sat down next to her.
She just nodded.
"Okay. So I'm Erin and this is Jay." Jay gave her a short wave.
"I'm Anna." She introduced herself.
"Anna can you tell us what happened?" I kneeled down in front of her.
"The man took us away when we got home from school and brought us to an abandoned house. We were there for several days until he started to ... to ..." She broke into tears. I looked over to Jay and we both know what she was talking about.
"Hey Anna?" Jay leaned down to her.
"I know that may sound implausible, but I went through the same thing as you." She looked up at him.
"I really don't think so." She shaked her head.
"Well we're pretty much sure that you got raped. Is that right?" She looked at him with tears in her eyes.
"Someone did that to you? You're a cop, right? So who would do that to a cop?" She looked over at me.
"Some bad people. But as you can see I didn’t let it get me down and I’m here now. I am sure that you are stronger than me and that you can also ensure that this person does not destroy your whole life." Jay had really managed to relax her a little.
After we got the necessary information from her we went back to his car, as the rest of the unit was already on the way back to the district.
"That was really clever to tell her that you went through the same." I put a hand on his shoulder because I was sure it hadn't been easy for him.
"Did the job and it will certainly bring me some nightmares." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me.