Chapter 3

*Erin's POV*

It had been four month since Jay first joined the unit. He was doing a good job and Voight wanted to keep him.
"You guys are totally in love!" Kim joked while we were entering the district.
"We are partners, okay? There is nothing more." I tried to explain to her.
"Whatever you say. But we both know you like him and he like you too." She drew a heart in the air.
"Shut up Kim." I got a bit nervous that Jay had heard our conversation because he was standing at the front desk and Trudy was signing something for him.
"Hey Jay." Kim greeted him and I just smiled shyly like I was in elementary school and were habing my first crush.
"Hey ladies." He bowed polite.
"Well he definitely has feelings for you." Kim poked me in the side.
"God damit could you please stop it." I blushed a bit.
"Of course. But you have to admit ..." She was suddenly silent as Jay walked in.
"I don't want to interrupt you, but Voight wants us both to go questioning a witness who doesn't feel like coming to the district and so we have to go to his house." He said.
"I'll be right there." I smiled at him and he smiled back.
"So romantic." Kim whispered into my ear when I walked past her.
I gave her a withering look and she was silent.

*Jay's POV*

I waited a few moments till Erin walked out of the district.
My heart always beat a little faster when I saw her or was with her.
"Do you have any plans for tonight?" I was super exited and was hoping I wouldn't blush.
"No. I don't. Why?" She looked curiously.
"I was thinking if we maybe wanna meet at Molly's grab a beer. Something like that." I wasn't sure what her reaction was.
"Are you asking me out on a date?" She looked at me with a cocked head.
"No. I mean...." I was stuttering and it was super embarrassing.
"Whatever you are asking me out to I would love to, Jay." She smiled and I was super happy about her answer.
I got into the passenger seat and while she was driving I peaked over to her several times hoping she wouldn't relaise.
"Hi. Detective Lindsay and Halstead. We are here to ask you some questions." Erin introduced us.
"Ah. Great. I thought you would never show up." The older man made his way to the kitchen and we followed him.
"These bullies sprayed all over the house!" He points angrily at the neighboring house.
"Sir. You said you'd seen a heavy crime." I gave him a confused look.
"Otherwise nobody would have come! You always only come when it's too late!" He looked upset.
"The thing simply is. We are detectives from the Intelligence unit. So unfortunately I have to tell you that we have nothing to do with spray paint. But I'll send you a police car that will be parked in front of the house and when they come back the patrol officers will arrest them. Does that sound like a plan to you?" Erin calmed him down a bit.
"If these simple officers don't do anything then I'll call you again." He said and looked at Erin.
"Of course. Here is my card." She handed it to him and he looked satisfied.
"That was good work." I praised her.
"Thanks. But you just learn how to deal with things like this." She grabbed her radio.
"5021 Lincoln I need a patrol car to my current location." She radioed and got an answer a second later.
"2113 Squad. We're available." A women answered.
"I need you to sit on a house for me and look out for some sprayers." Erin ordered them.
"Copy that. We are on our way." She got another answer.
"There are so many officers who sit on their radio all the time, just waiting for something like that." She explained to me.
"Sitting on a house for hours not knowing if someone will come. Sounds like a dream job for me." I chuckled.