Chapter 10

*Jay's POV*

"Erin! Watch out!" The bullet hit me and a second later it got dark around me.

I had no idea what had happened except for the fact that I got hit by a bullet.
Someone was holding my hand I guessed right by guessing it was Erin.
"Babe?" It was risky to call her that, but I got lucky and no one was around.
"I'm here, Jay." A tear fell on my hand.
"Don't cry. Please." I looked at her and saw that she had cried a little more.
"I thought I lost you." She held my hand tightly like it would keep me with her forever.
"But I'm here. I'm with you." She leaned down and kissed me.
"I'm gonna go and tell the rest of the unit that you are awake." She got up and left me alone.
A few minutes later the door opened and my brother walked in.
"Glad you are back here with us." I really didn't like it that nobody told me what had happened.
"You had some internal bleeding." He looked at me reproachfully, as if I could do something about it.
"Isn't that were blood is supposed to be?" I grinned and the look he gave me was priceless.

*Erin's POV*
-a few hours earlier-

"Alright so we gonna go in and clear this thing." Voight ordered and we went in.
The second we opened the door we got fired on I heard Jay yelling my name and a warning than he dropped.
Luckily Antonio entered from behind and so the offender hit the floor a second after Jay.
"5021 Lincoln. 101. My partner has been shot. GSW to the chest. Someone get me an ambo." I knelt next to Jay and put pressure on the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.
I already heard sirens and Gabby and Shay came in.
"Hey Erin. What happened?" Shay took over.
"He got shot." It was obvious that he was but that was the only thing I could say right now.
"Alright. Let's get him to Med before we loose him." Gabby sounded concerned.
"Can I ride with you?" I didn't want to leave Jay.
"Of course." I jumped in the back without waiting for Voight's permission.
Jay got conscious for a few moments and when our eyes made contact he looked relieved.
"I love you." He whispered softly and shortly afterwards he flatlined.
"Give me some space." Gabby started with chest compressions.
"Hit the gas, Shay. We're losing him." She looked really concerned and I couldn't stop a tear from rolling down my face.
When we got to the hospital, Jay was immediately taken for an emergency operation and I was left alone as Gabby and Shay had to answer the next call.
I felt my body shaking and I slowly let myself slide into a chair in the waiting area and cried until the rest of the unit was there.
"Hey." Antonio took me in his arms.
"I know it is hard when something happens to your partner but he's gonna be alright." Kevin sat down next to me.
Yes, my partner ... I thought to myself. Only Kim and Hailey knew we were more than just partners.
"You don't need to stay. Just make this bast*rd pay for what he did to Jay." I didn't want them to sit around here and wait with me.
"Guess there isn't much we can do about him. He was dead before he hit the ground." Adam explained to me. The thought that he couldn't hurt anyone anymore gave me some satisfaction.
"Erin?" Will walked towards us.
"Yes. Is Jay okay?" I looked at him hopefully.
"For now. He must have given the operating doctor a lot of trouble because he had no heartbeat several times." Will saw the panicked look on my face.
"He's stable now. One of you can go and see him." I didn't need to ask the others if I could go see him.
"Go kiddo. He's your partner." Hank put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it.