Chapter 86

*Erin's POV*

"We don't want to win a marathon. The doctor said slowly walking." Jay walked up and down the halls of the hospital with me, but stopped and I was allowed to squeeze his hand when another contraction came.
The contractions were about three minutes apart we were on a slow but steady way towards the actual birth.
"Wait." I said, convulsing, my stomach bulging dramatically and I pressed my forehead against Jay's chest.
"This time it didn't even took a minute. Maybe we should make our way back to the delivery room." Jay said and I nodded.
It felt like we had to stop every ten meters because a new contraction came and I couldn't walk during it.
"I think we're ready." Jay said to the doctor and she nodded and Jay helped me into the bed.
"We're about eight centimetes, Erin. Then it will certainly not be too long before you can hold your daughter in your arms. How's daddy doing?" The doctor looked at Jay and he looked like he was about as much suffering as I was.
"I'm fine. Don't mind me." Jay looked down at me as I squuzed his hand again.
"I'm feeling like I should push." I said when I  was able to talk again.
"That's what we are going for. When you have that feeling again just push. But gently. It's not the time to push with all your power yet." The doctor said and then my stomach arched up and I pushed.
"That's enough. Not more." A nurse was also there now.
"You're doing great." Jay looked down at me and placed a wet rag on my forehead.
I couldn't really talk so I just nodded but then pushed again.
It went on like this for about an half hour.
"Final spurt now. I can see the head already. With the next contraction you give everything that you still have in you." The doctor had one and on my belly and gently pushed with me.
It felt like the baby was tearing me apart and I screamed as the head popped out.
Jay's face turned white and he looked very nervous.
"Last push and then we should have it." The nurse said, I nodded and collected all my left over energy for this part.
"Alright. One. Two. Three. Push!" I pressed down with all my strenght and felt the baby come out in one go.
"Congratulations." The nurse gave me our daughter after she cut the umbilical cord.
"She's perfect." I looked down at our little girl.
"Hey little girl." Jay held out a finger and she immediately took it.
"Unfortunately, I have to take her away from you again for a routine examination. Do you already have a name that I can write down?" Asked the nurse.
"Her name is Sage Lindsay." I said and looked up to Jay.
"That's a great name." The nurse smiled and brought her away.
"We did it. We have a healthy baby girl." Jay smiled at me.
"And Niran is a big brother now." I was just happy about having the family I had.

*Jay's POV*

"Gently." I had brought Niran into the room with Erin and Sage and he carefully placed a hand on his baby sister.
"So small." He looked at me.
"Yes. You've been that small aswell, you know." Erin smiled at her son while she was holding Sage.
"Up!" Said the toddler because he couldn't stand someone getting more attention than he was getting.
"Yes buddy. But you gotta learn sharing now." I lifted him and up and buried his face into my shirt. Usually around this time he was taking a nap.
"Do you want to go home?" I asked Niran and he nodded.
"I'll be back in a bit." I said to Erin and gave her a kiss before driving Niran home.