Chapter 8

*Erin's POV*

"How was the ultrasound?" I looked at Jay totally shocked.
"How'd you...." It took me a few seconds till I relaised who told him.
"Will told me but that is not quite the point here. Why did you have the ultrasound done?" He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
"I thought I was pregnant. Okay? I'm not. So you're good." I didn’t wait for an answer from him, I just left.
"Erin. Wait!" I closed the door behind me, went to my car, and drove home.
When I arrived at home I had a few missed calls from Jay and a text message.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢. 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚖𝚎𝚍.

I didn't answer his text because I didn't know what to say and just turned on the TV.

*Jay's POV*

The next morning was awkward. Erin and I went to grab some breakfast for the unit but we didn't spoke a word and everytime I tried to start a conversation she turned me down.
"Aren't you like suppose to be in bed or something? I mean you broke some ribs yesterday." She started stalking.
"Figured you maybe need me." I tried to sound neutral.
"I'm gonna call you if I want to sleep with somebody." She got out of the car and went inside. I waited a few minutes and than followed.
"Halstead." Voight looked at me seriously and I went into his office and closed the door behind me.
"That is exactly what I was talking about. I don't really care what you do privately, but as soon as you bring it to work, it's my business. I can't use two actually good detectives that pull each other down. So sort it out." He dismissed me.
"Since Halstead is on deskdut, Erin rides with Hailey and Kim." Voight said and than gave a location for a crimescene.

*Erin's POV*

"So what's the deal with you and Jay." Kim looked at me.
"Quite simply because I am outranking you, I now order that you no longer ask me about it." With that I thought the situation would be resolved.
"Well than I ask." Hailey smirked.
"Otherwise you won't leave me alone I guess." I sighed.
"So go ahead and tell us why you two don't speak to each other anymore." Kim looked curiously.
But luckily we arrived at the scene so I was able to think about something else for the moment.
Someone got murdered but they didn't need all of us at the scene so the three of us drove back to the district were Hailey and Kim wanted to drop me off so I could check some surveillance footage and they would go and ask around a bit.
"So tell us." Hailey was sitting in the back seat with her hand on my shoulder.
"As you apparently already know, Jay and I are dating. Or at least we were." The two looked completely exited.
"I knew it." They looked at each other with satisfaction.
"And now we want to know why you don't talk anymore. It's kind of awkward to watch." Hailey said and Kim nodded in agreement.
"Well. I thought that I was pregnant. I'm not me, so you don't need to have a party here now." They stopped cheering.
I explained the rest of the story and they said they would understand why I reacted the way I did and than dropped me off at the district just to leave me alone with him.
"Jay?" I walked up the stairs and looked at a sleeping Jay.
I didn't want to wake him up and so I just started looking through the footage.
About an half hour later he slowly woke up and was startled when I sat across from him.
"How long have you been here." He ran a hand through his hair.
"Half hour or something." I couldn't resist to smile because he looked so cute.
"Can we talk?" He asked and I nodded. I walked over and sat down on his desk.
"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you or anything. I was just really surprised about the thought of becoming a dad and... yeah..." He ran out of words.
"Don't be sorry. The way I behaved was wrong. In the first place I didn't want a kid. Not now. But knowing that I wasn't pregnant just made me sad. And inside I blamed you for it, which of course is complete bullshit. Can you forgive me?" He reached out to me and pulled me onto his lap.
"Always and forever." I kissed me and I was glad that he forgave me.
"We probably should stop before Voight comes up here." I got up because I didn't want Hank to me mad at us.
"Let him come, you are nothing to be ashamed of." He kissed me again but than let go of me so I could go back to work.
A few minutes later the team slowly came back.