Chapter 34

*Erin's POV*

The reason for my sudden fear was that the waitress was my mother. And I already knew what was going to happen.
"Gotta go." I wanted to get up and leave, but he held me.
"What are you doing here?" She gave me a confused look.
Apparently she had thought once and realized that I wasn't in a club in broad daylight for no reason.
"Working. Buying some stuff. The usual." I really hoped she wouldn't blow my cover.

*Jay's POV*

"Who's that?" I'd never seen that women before.
"That's Bunny. Erin's mom." Voight also seemed a little uncomfortable.
"Shell I go in and get Bunny away from them?" I suggested.
"You can try it, but not too conspicuous." Voight allowed and I walked inside the club. When I went in, however, Erin and Lil G were gone.
"Sarge?" I contacted the others.
"Yeah?" Voight answered me.
"I do not have a visual on Erin. I repeat. I do not have a visual on Erin." I hoped the others knew what she was doing.
"Our connection broke. Either she interrupted it or she got made." Antonio said.
"Excuse me?" I walked towards Bunny.
"Can I help you?" She looked not really interested.
"CPD. Were did Erin and the man go?" I showed her my batch, but she didn't seem to care.
"I don't know. Guess they went upstairs to one of the bedrooms." She just shrugged her shoulders. Obviously she didn't care what happened to her daughter.
"Sarge. I'm gonna go upstairs and try to locate Erin." I really hoped she was okay.
"You don't have to, she just came through the back door." Hailey radioed. She and Kim were sitting in a car at the backside.
"Copy that." I went back to the Van because we were driving back to the district.
"Can I please go and check on her? I don't have a good feeling." We were back in the bullpen and I was nervously bobbing my chair.
Voight refused at first, but when he got no answer when he called Erin, we thought that I would go to her door as a pizza delivery boy.
"I got your pizza!" I knocked on the door and heard steps on the other side.
She looked a bit confused at me but let me in.
"What are you doing here?" She took the pizza from me.
"Checking on you. You're alone?" I looked around briefly in all the rooms.
"Otherwise I would hardly have let you in." Erin shook her head as if to know that for granted.
"What was that about your mother anyway? We were all scared that she ould blow your cover" I came back to Bunny and Erin's expression changed.
"Me too. She sure wants something, so she didn't say anything." She bit off her pizza.
"Whatever." We continued to eat in silence.
"I guess you're not staying?" When I shook my head, her eyes glittered a little less.
"Actually, I shouldn't even have had dinner with you. Hailey is waiting in the car downstairs." I got up and walked towards the door.
"Don't you have like a few more minutes?" She slowly pulled down the strap of her tank top.
"You are a horrible person." I went up to her.
"Tell me, how long can it take to deliver pizza?" Hailey looked at me reproachfully when I was back in the car next to her after a while.
"Didn't find the right apartment." Was the answer she got from me what was probably the cheapest and worst excuse anyone had ever given.
"You mean more like you couldn't find her bedroom, huh?" She teased me and I just shrugged my shoulders.