Chapter 61

*Erin's POV*

"Place your hand right here. Then you can feel it." I had been able to feel our baby's kicks for a few days, and I wanted Jay to feel it too.
When his face took on a look of surprise, I knew he'd felt it.
"Damn. Doesn't that hurt?" He looked at me but didn't move his hand.
"Sometimes. But it's worth it." I leaned forward to kiss Jay, which my companion didn't seem to like, because I immediately received a strong kick that raised Jay's hand noticeably.
"Guess someone isn't amused about us here." Jay gently patted my belly.
"Let me show you something." I carefully poked my finger into the right side of my belly and shortly afterwards my belly arched to the left, causing Jay's eyes to widen.
"Can..Can I..." He didn't need to finish his question because I knew what he wanted to ask.
"Sure. Just poke it gently." Jay nodded, then gently poked his finger into my left side, causing my stomach to wander to the right.
"Never thought you could do something with the baby when it is still inside." Jay kissed my stomach tenderly.
"You sure can. But I mostly only talk with it when you guys are out solwing some crims and I'm stuck at my desk." I loved to be pregnant because it just was something special but being stuck at my desk for a few month now and still had some to go got boring.
"It's for a good reason." Jay layed down behind me and we both slowly fell asleep because it was past midnight.

*Jay's POV*

The next morning something had changed with Erin.
She was in thoughts and didn't even respond to me when I kissed her.
When I placed my hand on her belly she got up without saying anything but I didn't follow her because I figured she just needed her space.
But when she was more than a half hour in the bathroom I knocked because I got concerned.
"Erin?" She didn't answer me and so I just opened the like usually unlocked door.
Erin was standing in the shower and had blood on her legs.
"Erin?" I slowly approached her and scared her when I touched her.
"Hey." She smiled at me like she usually did when she woke up in the morning.
"Erin you're bleeding. We need to get you to the hospital right away." I wanted to support her, but she shook her head.
"Seriously I don't care. You now have two options. Either I'll drive you to Med or I'll call an ambulance to take you. For me, both options are good, so please make up your mind." He looked at her seriously.
"I'll take option three: We don't do anything and drive to the district, otherwise we'll be late." Erin started to dry herself with a towel and then got dressed.
"Alright. Fine." Outwardly, I gave in because I didn't want her to get upset unnecessarily. But I knew something was totally wrong, so I didn't drive to the district but to Med when Erin was in the car.
"You missed the district." Erin raised an eyebrow as I drove past the parking lot.
"Guess I did." I didn't look at her and that was the moment she relaised what was going on.
"Ouh no. Don't even think about it. We're not going to Med." It was hard for me, but I just kept going, knowing how upset Erin was and how bad it was for her to be upset.
"Now you can walk in there or I'll carry you." Finally we stood in the parking lot in front of the hospital.
"I'll walk." Erin got out and went in without waiting for me.
"I'm just carrying about you." I catched up to her and we walked inside together.
"Hey Maggie. Could Nat check on her real quick please?" I walked past the waiting area.
"Yeah. Sure. Just go into treatment room two and she'll be with you right away." Maggie gave us a quick smile without asking any more questions.
"Alright you guys. What brought you here today?" Natalie walked in a few minutes later.
I looked at Erin but she seemed like she wouldn't answer so I did.
"When we woke up this morning she was changed. Didn't really react to my touch, then I found her bleeding a little later in the shower and got worried." I explained to Dr Manning and she seemed a little concerned.
"Erin please be honest with me. Was this the first time you had bleeded?" We both looked down at Erin and she shook her head.
"No. It wasn't the first time." She looked up at me and I let her grab my hand.
I refrained from commenting because I knew the situation was easy for her right now.
"Alright. So let me check you out. You guys don't know the gender yet, do you?" Natalie asked and we both shook our head.
"Want to know? Because I can see it right here." She asked and we didn't need to look at each other to know what the other one would say.
Our facial expressions probably already said what we wanted.
"You guys are going to have a little girl." Nat said solemnly, but I could hear something was wrong. Erin seemed so haply with the news that she overlooked it.
"Doesn't look too bad, you probably just had a broken vein and that's why it was bleeding." Natalie said and relaised Erin with that words.
"I'll be right there. Need to talk to Will real quick." I gave Erin the car keys and she left.
"Will isn't in yet." Natalie looked at me apologetically.
"Doesn't matter. I actually wanted to talk to you." Natalie looked a bit surprised but nodded.
"You saw something on the ultrasound that worried you, what was it?" She sighed because apparently she thought we didn't notice.
"It's not like I could name it. Your baby girl just was in a weird position and didn't seem to move. But it could also be that she was just sleeping. Please just tell Erin to be especially careful." Nat gave me a long look and I nodded.