Chapter 30

*Jay's POV*

This night had been the first night were I was able to just sleep without getting woken up by any kind of nightmare.
When I woke up, Erin wasn't in bed next to me, but I heard the coffee machine in the kitchen.
So I got up, snuck up behind her and kissed her neck.
Erin squeaked in amazement, but then turned and placed her lips on mine.
"Good... morning... fi...ancé." I said in between kissed.
"I did really propose to you yesterday." Erin probably said it more to herself than actually to me.
"Yes you did. Best idea ever." I kissed her again and didn't really want to stop.
All the words she'd said to me yesterday, and of course the engagement, had really shown me that Erin would be with me no matter what.
So I just grabbed her up and carried her to the bedroom.
"Jay. You really don't need to..." I stopped her by just kissing her again.
Lukas was back in my thoughts for a very brief moment, and Erin noticed it.
"Jay. This is only us. Just you and me. He isn't here." She took me back and I started taking off her shirt.
Erin undid my pants and I started kissing her neck.

"You're alright? Should I leave and give you a moment to yourself?" Erin didn't seem quite conclusive as to what to do, because for a short time Lukas had been in my head in between, but I had fought against it and didn't let him control me.
"No. Don't go." I rolled over to her and put my arms around her.
"You're amazing. Do you know that?" I gave her a kiss on the nose.
"I don't quite think so. But thank you." Erin rewarded me with a smile.
"I'm late for work already. So I should go." She tried to break free from my embrace, but I wouldn't let her go.
"Call in sick." I suggested because I didn't really want to let her go and not being able to see her all day long.
"But what about Hank? If I call in sick hr will show up here and check on me and if he finds us.... here." She pointed to me and the bed.
"Let's tell him you have a fever." I still had a little hope that she would stay.
"I have no symptoms of a fever." She raised an eyebrow.
"Ouh I could give you some." I offered my services as kind as I was.
"And how do you intend to do that? And what symptoms were you thinking of?" She looked at me curiously.
"Well. I could make you sweat." I placed myself on top of her.
"Sounds good to me. What else?" Her voice sounded a little hoarse.
"I could make your heart beat go up." I ran my tongue over her neck and then down further.
"And you're already hot, so I don't need to do much about that. That should be enough for him." The only answer I got was a nod because she couldn't answer anymore.

*Erin's POV*

I was more than three hours late at the district and everyone looked at me as I came up the stairs.
"Hey guys." I smiled shyly at them and briefly raised my hand in greeting.
"Nice that you got here aswell and grace us with your presence." Hank didn't seem happy.
"Really sorry." Even if I didn't really regret what I did instead of being here.
"Now that you are here you can actually go right back and get us all breakfast." Hank handed me a list on which everyone had written what they wanted.
"Alright than. Be right back." I turned around and walked back downstairs.
"Ah Detective Lindsay." The lady behind the counter greeted me.
"Hey Eva. How are you doing?" I handed her the list of the breakfasts.
"So far so good." She handed me the food.
"Thank you. See ya." I waved and drove back to the district.
"Alright so here you guys go. Got your breakfast." I put the bags with the food on a table and everyone took their brrakfast.
"I know why you were late this morning." Hailey leaned against the wall next to me.
"And what did I do?" I gave her a challenging look.
"So I think that Jay woke you up, after that you spent a little more time in bed and after that you were so in your thoughts that you put his shirt on and didn't notice it." I looked down at me and relaised that I really was wearing Jay's shirt.
"Got you." She looked at me satisfied and then went back to her desk.