Chapter 14

*Erin's POV*

Everyone looked at me as I went back up the stairs. I was only back because Jay was back and he talked me into it.
Actually I expected that Hank would want to see me in his office immediately, but he had just left a note on my PC saying that I should just come to him when I'm ready to talk.
I considered to just go talk to him but than a call came in.
"5021 Adam. We're responding. C'mon guys. We gotta roll." Hank came out of his office and we followed him. Today I drove with him because Jay had desk duty and Hank didn't want me to drive alone.
"You're alright? Your face is white as chalk." Hank looked at me a little concerned.
"I feel a little dizzy, but it will be fine in a few moments." I assured him even if I felt dizzy the whole moment and it continued to get worse.
When we arrived my circulation was so far gone that dots were dancing in front of my eyes.
"I don't care what you think. You stay in the car. You look like you're about to faint." Hank said and I wasn't even able to answer him so I just nodded.
That I didn't answer worried him even more.
"Burgess. Get over here and watch Erin." Voight radioed and left the second Kim walked up to my side of the car.
"What's up, girl?" She looked happy until she really looked at me.
"Erin?" My body tilted forward and everything got black.

*Jay's POV*

"5021 Eddie. I need an ambulance to my location. My partner is unconscious and I have no idea why." Burgess sounded really concerned.
"What's going on?" I wasn't sure who she called the ambo for.
"It's Erin, Jay. But I think I'll have her right back." I stared at my radio like this would bring me to Erin.
"5021 Eddie. Cancel that ambulance. We're all good." It was only when I heard this that I realized that I had been holding my breath.
"Voight?" That was Kim's voice again.
"Yes. Go for Voight." He answered her.
"I'm gonna bring Erin back to the district." Voight allowed her and a short time later I heard the two coming up the stairs.
"I need to go back." Kim left Erin standing and she was still very pale and swaying suspiciously.
"I got you." I just picked her up and put her on the couch.
"Thank you, Jay." Her voice was more of a whisper and she looked like she might pass out again.
"Do you have any pain?" I covered her because she was starting to shiver too.
"No. My circulation is just not good today." She reached for me and I sat down.
"Can you hold me a bit, please?" Her voice got weaker and weaker and of course I immediately sat down so I could hold her.
"Jay. I'm pregnant." Her voice was a faint breath and then she passed out again.
"Erin!" Me yelling her name must have been so loud that Trudy Platt walked up the stairs.
"Halstead. Why are you yelling?" Her voice sounded reproachful, but when she saw Erin's limp body, her expression changed.
"Lift her feet." She ordered and I did it.
I gently shook Erin's shoulder and after about a minute she started moving slowly and opening her eyes.
"Are you happy?" Those were the first words to leave her lips and I nodded.
"I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I'm gonna leave you alone then because the desk isn't working itself." Trudy took one last look at Erin and then left.
"I mean if you are not than that is okay." She looked at me a little uncertainly.
"Are you kidding me? That is the best news you could have told me." I kissed her and than her still flat stomach.
"I'm glad that you are thinking this was. Because we aren't dating for a long time and we are both quite young." She hugged me and seemed to feel better.
"There is nothing I want more than a family with you." I was overjoyed about this news, but was also a little afraid that I would not be a good father, which I didn't tell Erin.
When the others came back we behaved normally, because Erin wanted to talk to Voight about it first.