Chapter 23

*Jay's POV*

My plan did work. I had the chance to say goodbye to Erin without her noticing. By simply following my request to go upstairs, she made it a lot easier for me to go. I'd seen her running out of the district and looking after me but by taking her car I made it harder for her to follow me.
The second I opened the note, I knew who it was from. Marcus Lukas. Richardson's best friend. For whatever reason he must have found out what had happened and now he wanted to take revenge on me. What Erin hadn't seen was the little note on the side mirror that said an address I was going to now.
As I expected, the address included an abandoned factory building.
"Lukas?" I slowly opened the door.
"Well who do we have here?" I couldn't place where the voice was coming from, he had to play it over a speaker system.
"Well you know where I am. So where are you?" I looked around.
"Ouh I'm right here." The voice came from right behind me and when I turned around I was hit with something on the head. Everything around me went dark.

*Erin's POV*

"We gotta find him. Now!" I ran up the stairs to the bullpen.
"We gotta find who? And where is your better half?" Atwater gave me a confused look.
"Jay. We need to find Jay. He took my car and left." I was on the verge of freaking out because still nobody understood what it was about.
"Damn it. You need to track him down. Now!" Tears of anger and fear ran down my face, but I just senselessly wiped them away.
"Alright. So you said he took your car." Adam sat down at his computer and started pulling up surveillance camera footage.
"There he is leaving the parking lot. I cam follow him for a few streets but than I loose him at this corner." He pointed out the moment were Jay just simply drove out of the screen.
"Isn't down that road  an old factory?" Hailey was behind me.
"You're right. I responded to a call at that location a while ago. The building is large and has alot of rooms. So whatever Jay wanted there, it will probably go undetected.
'Or his body' was the only thing that was on my mind.
"He drove on that street like ten minutes ago. So he still should be there." Kim said and we all agreed.
I actually wanted to go alone, but that was out of the question for the others, so we all put on our vests and went to the cars.
"He's fine, Erin. Just relax." I was riding with Hailey and Kim and the two tried to cheer me up.
"Whatever you're saying." I wasn't in the mood for that because I knew that Jay was in a kind of mission and than nobody could stop him.
We arrived at the building and I immediately got out of the car. Kim and Hailey yelled at me to wait for backup but I couldn't.
I swung open the door and entered the building.
"Chicago PD! Anybody in here? Jay!" I ran down the hall but found no one, which made me worry me even more.
"Erin! Get back here!" That was definitely Hank and he didn't sound amused.
"What the hell were you thinking? This building is very confusing and you don't have a good overview. Do you know how stupid and dangerous that was?" He took all of his anger out on me.
"But Jay..." He didn't let me finish my sentence.
"I don't care. You are no longer of much use to him when you are dead." He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.
"Got Erin's car on the backside." Radioed Ruzek.
"Copy that we're on our way." Hailey answered him and we walked around the building.
"Sarge. I got blood inside." Kevin said over the radio. He must have gone in from the other side.
We opened the door and Kevin was kneeling over a small puddle of blood.
"Alright. So I'll say what we all think: Jay got kidnapped." Antonio was standing behind me and I was really hoping that Jay got a way to escape his kidnappers.

*Jay's POV*

The only thing I could do when I woke up was coughing. I had a rag on my face and someone dumped water over my head, which I had already swallowed quite a bit.
"You can stop. He's awake." I had never heard the voice before, but I was grateful that his sentence gave me a pause in which I could breathe.
"Finally awake, Jay. I really thought you wouldn't be that easy to knock out but apparently you are." Lukas looked down to me.
"Why are you doing this?" I pretty much knew why he was doing it but I wanted him to say it.
"You killed Richardson. He was unarmed! But you shot him in the face." His voice was full of anger.
"He kidnapped my girlfriend. She had a miscarriage because of him." You could hear my anger in my voice too.
"Well I'm sorry for your girlfriend's loss but you are the reason it all started. Don't forget that." He put the rag over my face again and the ordeal with the water began again.