Chapter 17

*Jay's POV*

"You just shot our only suspect." Adam had taken me aside and was now confronting me with what I had just done.
"I don't know if you relaised it. He held a knife to my girlfriend's neck, she's pregnant, in case you didn't notice." I was slightly pissed about what he said.
"I know that, Jay. But you also have to see that he was our main suspect and that Erin should be used to such things." He explained his point of view to me.
"That's enough." Hailey came up to us.
"You two go and grab your partners and than we go back to the district." She said and we left without another word.
"What was that with you and Ruzek?" Erin gave me a confused look.
"Nothing. Small disagreement about what just happened." I shrugged my shoulders.
"You did the right thing. The situation was about to escalate and you reacted." Erin assured me.
"Yeah." I didn't want to talk about it any further.

"After we lost our suspect. Thanks to Jay." Adam rolled his eyes at me.
"Ouh c'mon. What was I suppose to do?" Apparently the conversation wasn't over.
"Maybe not kill him instantly?" Ruzek looked at me in disbelief.
"That's enough." Voight stepped in and ended it.
"Alright. We still have a suspect. He's dead but that doesn't mean we can't track his steps back. So please look what that guy did at his last day." Voight ordered and we started to check out his life.
"Alright. So he was Marcel Davis, 24, got arrested for drug possession once but the charges got dropped because they didn't have enough evidence." I said.
"Okay. So start connecting him to the murder or prove that he is innocent and find someone else who did it. Eiter way is fine with me." Voight sat back at his desk.
The whole team exept for me and Erin drove back to the crimescene to look for some witnesses.
"You can go if you want." Voight had decided that he didn't want to expose Erin to such a danger again and assigned her desk duty, which is why she was only allowed to work from the district.
"Kidding me? I can choose to walk around out there with Ruzek or sit here with you? Definitely you." I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her.
"Stop that. What if Hank walkes in?" We sat in the wire room and were suppose to clicked through tons of surveillance footage.
"He said he wanted to go grab some coffee. So we're alone here right now." I looked seductively at her.
"Jay no. We can't. Not here. What if someone else walkes in?" Erin tried to get up but I held her tightly.

*Erin's POV*

I came out of the bathroom and tucked my shirt back into my pants, almost bumping into Kim.
"Sorry." I apologized.
"Don't w...." Her eyes widened when she saw Jay coming out of the bathroom aswell. He didn't even care about the fact that his hair was slightly messed up.
The second he saw Kim and me his face lit up bright red.
"Ouh you two are screwed if Voight sees you like this." She grinned and left us.
"Do you think she's gonna say something?" Jay looked after her uncertainly.
"Kim? No." I laughed.
"Why not?" He gave me a confused look.
"Well. Kim and Adam are a thing. I walked in on them once and ever since they stopped teasing me about relationship things." I smirked as I saw Jay's puzzled look.
"Wait. Kim and Adam?" Jay looked totally shocked.
"Yes." I smirked and walked back towards the bullpen.