Chapter 24

*Jay's POV*

I must have passed out at some point, because when I slowly woke up again I was tied up on cold stone floor.
As I looked around I discovered a very narrow window further up and I could see that it was dark outside.
Apparently they decided to let me rest a bit because they didn't want to kill me instantly because nobody came in the whole night.
Erin was lying next to me and I had my arms around her, but this idea was quickly destroyed by Lukas when he woke me with kicks.
"Open your eyes, you couch potatoes. You slept enough." A tall man came in and stood me up, when I saw the look in Lukas' eyes I knew what he would do now.
I tried to duck away, but the man held me tightly and so the punch hit me right in the stomach. I couldn't suppress a groan. I fell over and gasped.
"Not that though like you always said." Lukas punched me again, this time in the face.
My nose made a cruel noise and I knew it was broken.
"Let him go, now let's take care of his girlfriend first." He smirked and me and they were about to leave.
"You don't got her here. She isn't here." In fact, I wasn't so sure about it anymore, but I just didn't want to admit it.
"Don't be so sure." Lukas smiled sweetly at me.
"Erin!" I screamed her name as loud as I could, but the only answer I got was a scornful laugh from the two men.
"She can't talk right now, one of my friends is taking care of her." Lukas just shrugged his shoulders and then left me alone in uncertainty.
"You don't have her!" He shamelessly exploited my feelings for Erin. I tried to convince myself that she was too smart to be kidnapped by him, but I wasn't sure and so I was sitting in the cold and empty room, mumbling her name and how much I loved her.

*Erin's POV*

"It's been more than 24 hours. Since Jay went missing." I spoke out my thoughts.
"And that means it has been more than 24 hours since you got sleep. Erin you really need to sleep." Hank had stayed at the district with me because I was still waiting for a ransom or something like that.
"I couldn't sleep anyways. But you can go home if you want. Take a nap or something." I suggested but he shook is head.
"No. I'm staying here with you." Both of our eyes focused on the phone as it rang.
"Voight." He answered the phone and I looked at him spellbound.
"Have a nice night." He hung up the call.
"That just was an officer from downstairs that saw light up here and wanted to ask of we needed anything." He sighed and slowly I lost my courage.
"They haven't called for a ransome yet. You know what that means." It basically ment that they wanted Jay and not any money.
"They gonna call. A Detective like is worth a hell of a lot. Especially one from Intellegence." Hank tried to encourage me, but to me Jay was worth more than all the money in the world.
"Probably." I nodded.
At some point in the night I must have fell asleep because I woke up by Kim shaking my shoulder.
"Erin?" I sat up.
"Here." She handed me a coffee, which I accepted with thanks.
"Anything on Jay?" She shook her head and I sat on the couch like a pile of misery.
"We're gonna find him." Kim also tried to cheer me up with her words.
"I know how the chances of finding him are right now. It's been way to long for the kidnappers to make any demands, Kim." I knew that they all just wanted to help me, but I was just too scared for Jay to accept this help.
I snuck out of the back entrance, tears streaming down my face, and I leaned against the cold wall of the building.
He's fine. Jay just escaped them, that's why they didn't call yet. If I turn around he's staying there.
The sentences echoed in my head, but I've been with the police too long to really believe them. But I was looking for something to hold on to.