Chapter 50

*Erin's POV*
-9 month pregnant-

"Why is this thing so heavy?" I groaned as I had to carry the full weight of my belly after getting up.
"Let me help you." Jay stood behind me and gently lifted my bellly until I could barely feel the weight.
"That's way better." I leaned my head against his chest.
"I know you'll hate me for this." Jay slowly lowered my belly again.
"We need to go, right?" He nodded but took the time to kiss me passionately.
"Morning you two." Hailey greeted us.
"You look like you're about to give birth." Hailey looked down at my stomach, which had changed shape and was now lower than yesterday.
"I long for the moment." I loved my belly, but the back pain had gotten worse in the past few weeks.
"I like you pregnant and not pregnant." Jay hugged me again and kissed me before they got a call of shots fired.
"Take care!" After saying the sentence I leaned over because I felt a tug in my stomach.
Only a few seconds later my water broke with a soft pop.
Since I definitely didn't want to go to the hospital without Jay, I sat on the couch and just breathed very calmly.
But the call apparently dragged on longer than I expected, and the pain kept getting worse.
When I could hardly suppress the feeling of pressing any more, I heard the unit coming back.
"Erin?" Jay looked at me worried and unfortunately I couldn't calm him down.
Meanwhile I only breathed intermittently and Jay immediately hugged me.
I heard Kim calling for an ambulance and I buried my face in Jay's shirt when another contraction hit me.

*Jay's POV*

Erin squeezed my hand, which hurt me, but I wanted to help her as much as I could.
"Why didn't you radio me?" I looked down to her when she was able to breath again.
"I don't kn..." She couldn't finish her sentence and leaned forward again.
"Just breath babe. I'm here." I didn't know how much it meant to her right now, but I also didn't know what else to say.
After what felt like an eternity, the ambulance finally arrived.
They immediately loaded Erin into the ambulance and I was allowed to go with them.
When we got to the hospital we went straight to the delivery room.
"You're doing great." I smiled at Erin but she gave me a deathly look that I hadn't expected.
"You're the reason I'm here right now. If it wasn't for you I would be home on the couch right now." Jerked Erin out between her teeth.
"Do not worry about it. Around the time they mostly blame the fathers. I'd rather be worried if it weren't for that." The nurse shrugged her shoulders and I just nodded helplessly.
After three more hours, the room filled with screams.
"Congratulations it's a boy." The nurse cut the umbilical cord and handed Erin our son.
"Hey you perfect little thing." Erin gently stroked Niran's head with one finger.
They took him away after a short time to check him out.
"He's perfect." Since he was there, Erin had a smile on her face and now she was smiling at me.
"He is." I gave her a kiss on the top of the head.