Chapter 59

*Jay's POV*

"You're exited?" Erin looked at me and I nodded.
"Alright. So here it goes." Erin turned the pregnancy test over and it was positive.
Erin looked at me and had a huge smile on her face.
"Guess we did it, huh?" I also had a smile on my face.
"Yeah." Erin put her arms around me and held me tight.
A few weeks ago Erin and I talked again about whether we want another child after all. Since we both had siblings, it was clear to us that our son also needed siblings and so we kept on trying till now Erin got pregnant.
"I should go and make an appointment at Med just so we can be sure I'm really pregnant." Erin seemed totally happy.
"Yeah. Probably." I kissed her before she grabbed the phone.

*Erin's POV*

"Thanks that we were to get an appointment that fast." It was the same day and Natalie was picking us up from the waiting area.
"Not a big deal. I like to work overtime for you two. Alright so please lay down here please and then let's get this ultrasound started." Natalie squeezed some jelly onto my belly and than started.
"Do you see these little shades?" Natalie looked at Jay and me.
"Yeah." We both looked a little closer.
"That's your baby. Congratulations you two. You guys are actually pregnant." She left us for a second so we could enjoy the moment together.
Jay immediately took me in his arms and kissed me extensively.
"It did really work." Of course we already had a son but getting pregnant with him worked way faster than this time but probably it was because we weren't really trying to get me pregnant and this time we definitely were.
A scream from outside made us wince.
It didn't sound like someone was in physical pain, it sounded like a loss. And so it was.
A few moments later a woman walked past our room, crying and leaning on Jay's brother Will.
This situation made it clear to me once again how closely life and dead are connected.
We just got the incredible news that I was pregnant and someone died in the room next to us.
"You want to go?" Jay looked down at me and apparently relaised that my mood has changed.
I nodded and so he grabbed my hand, squeezed it and then walked be outside to his car.
The ride back home was awfully quited because I wasn't in the mood to talk anymore and Jay didn't know what to say to cheer me up.
When we got home the sitter was just back from the walk with Niran.
"You guys did have a good time?" I asked the girl.
"Yes. Everything fine. Acted like a little angel." She smiled and then left.
"Hey little boy." Jay grabbed up Niran and carefully tossed him in the air, which made him laugh as usual.
"Do you think he even wants siblings? Maybe he prefers to be a only child." I only had a half bother so I never really got the feeling of growing up close with a sibling.
"He's gonna be fine. I can tell you out of experiences that it is sometimes nice to have younger siblings and sometimes not. But you learn to deal with it and it's not like he has much of a choice." Jay put Niran in his bed because he had a long day and was certainly tired.
The both of us sat down on the couch and started watching a movie but I fell asleep quite quickly.

*Jay's POV*

I knew that while Erin was happy about her pregnancy, she was also scared because a lot of bad things had happened around us lately and she knew how easily a pregnancy could go wrong.
But I swore to myself that I would not let anything happen to her or our unborn child.
I wrapped my arms around her and but a blanked over us so she could just sleep peacefully.