Chapter 11

*Jay's POV*

I was still in the hospital bed and when I looked around I saw Erin too. She hadn't really moved from my side since I had been here, even though I had told her it would be okay if she went home because I didn't think it would be pleasant to sleep on the chairs.
"Hey." She gave me a gentle kiss when she noticed that I was awake.
"Still here?" It was dark outside and because it was very quiet I knew that it had to be at night.
"Course I'm still here. You're not acually thinking that I would leave you alone here, would you?" She smiled at me.
"I was hoping that you would say something like this." I kissed her aswell.
"I love you, Jay. And I never really thanked you for saving my life." She smiled a little shyly at me.
"There is nothing to thank for. That's my job as your partner and as your boyfriend I can tell you it's the best job I have ever had in my life." I grinned.
"Shot, tied to the bed, but still charming. What more do you want." She gave me a hug and I groaned a bit when she accidentally touched my chest.
"Sorry." She let go of me immediately.
"It's okay. I can endure the pain when I can cuddle with you in return. So come over here." I slipped to the side, making little pangs of pain so that she could go to bed with me.
"Sure?" She didn't looked really convinced about that plan.
"Ouh definitely." I nodded and she layed down next to me.
We arrange ourselves so that I was able to put my arm around her and she carefully laid her head on the uninjured side of my chest.
"This is way more comfortable than the chair." She mumbled softly and then fell asleep, and I also fell asleep a short time later.

*Erin's POV*

We really could have got the idea last night that someone would find us the next morning. Fortunately for us, it was just Will who grinned mischievously at me when I opened my eyes. A quick look at Jay showed me that he was still asleep and so I carefully got up without waking him.
"Actually, he should get some rest." He looked at me mock reproachful.
"I was just lying next to him. That must have had a calming effect." I smiled at him innocent.
"We'll leave it open what effect you have on my brother." He raised an eyebrow.
"I'll leave you alone then. But you can tell him that he will be released tomorrow." He left me in the hallway.
"Where have you been?" Jay looked at me sleepily when I stepped back into the room.
"Talked to your brother for you because you apparently were asleep." I walked over to him and gave him a good morning kiss.
"What did the jerk say?" Jay opened his arms and invited me to lay down with him again.
"You're going to be discharged tomorrow." I yawned and layed back.
"That's good news." He put his arms tightly around me and we fell asleep again.
"Hey." Someone shook my shoulder and I woke up suddenly.
"What?" I looked around and wanted to grab my gun, but it wasn't there.
"Just me, kiddo." When I heard Hank's voice I sat up abruptly, my movements also woke Jay up.
"Come here a second." Hank pulled me out of bed and completely ignored Jay's displeasure.
"I told you that I don't want you two dating. Why can't you listen to me once? You're just distracting each other.  And don't believe me I didn't know Jay was with you the last time I was at your apartment." He gave me a stern look, but Will interrupted us.
"Sargent. I don't mean to interrupt but I need to talk to Erin for a second if you don't mind." Before Voight could say anything else, Will grabbed shoulder and took me back to Jay's room.
"So what do you need to talk about?" I turned around.
"Nothing. You just looked like you needed someone to get you out of that situation." Will grinned.
"Thank you." I looked at him with thanks.
"I'm gonna go and distract your Sargent out there. Tell him some stories or something." Will waved and then closed the door behind him. I walked over to Jay when I heard Will and Hank's voices were going down.